COVID-19 Care In COVID-19, Simplified (Discontinued)
What is Covered?
If the test for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) is found positive from any of the authorized centres of ICMR – National Institute of Virology, Pune, you will receive 100% of the Sum Insured.
If you are quarantined in a Govt. or Military hospital for at least 14 consecutive days, you will receive 50% lumpsum of the Sum Insured. This is applicable even if Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) is later negative as it covers the screening & treatment costs.
Premium starting at INR 499/-
Sum Insured Options ranging from: INR 25000 and INR 50,000.
DBS Bank India Limited (IRDA of India Registration Number: CA 0257) having the registered office at GF: Nos. 11 & 12, Capitol Point BKS Marg, Connaught Place, Delhi - 110001 is the Corporate Agent of Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Ltd is (now a part of ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Ltd. (IRDA of India Regn.No.115) CIN: L67200MH2000PLC129408). DBS Bank India Limited (Bank) does not underwrite the risk or act as an insurer. The Insurance products are underwritten by ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Ltd. The contract of insurance is between the insurer and the insured and not between the Bank and the insured. Bank does not give any warranty, as to the accuracy and completeness of the policies. Bank does not accept any liability or losses attributable to your contract of Insurance. Participation by the Bank’s customers in the insurance products is purely on a voluntary basis and is not linked to availment of any other facility from the bank.
Bus Insurance Product name: Group Domestic Traveller Insurance Policy
Smoothie(Travel) Insurance Product Name: Smoothie
Registered and corporate office address: Bharti Axa General Insurance Company Limited is (now a part of ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Ltd. (IRDA of India Regn.No.115) CIN: L67200MH2000PLC129408 having its registered office at ICICI Lombard House, 414, Veer Savarkar Marg, Near Siddhi Vinayak Temple, Prabhadevi, Mumbai – 400025).
For more details on risk factors and terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure carefully before concluding the sale. For all other Terms and Conditions, please refer to policy wordings on www.bharti-axagi.co.in.
Section 41 of the Insurance Act, 1938 Prohibition of Rebates
Advt. No.: BhartiAXAGI/BN/General/2020-21/271
- No person shall allow or offer to allow, either directly or indirectly, as an inducement to any person to take out or renew or continue an Insurance in respect to any kind of risk relating to lives or property in India, any rebate of the whole or part of the commission payable or any rebate of the premium shown on the policy nor shall any person taking out or renewing or continuing a policy accept any rebate, except such rebate as may be allowed in accordance with the published prospectus or tables of the Insurer.
- Any person making default in complying with the provisions of this section shall be liable for penalty which may extend to ten lakh rupees.
How to Apply
Frequently Asked Questions
- 50% of the Sum Insured shall be payable if the Insured has been quarantined in a Government/Military Facility for at least 14 days due to concern about a possible exposure to COVID-19.
- 100% of the Sum Insured shall be payable if the insured is tested positive for COVID-19 specified in virology report issued by Department of Health Research Indian Council of Medical Research Ministry of Health & Family Welfare testing Labs along with certification from registered medical certificate.
- Initial 30 days waiting period waived off.
- Less than 30 sec purchase experience including policy issuance. No documentation required.
- Original medical bills required.
This is product is purchased all customers of DBS Bank India Limited with age between 18 to 75 years.
The existing health insurance policy would only cover hospitalisation cost only, however under this policy one can claim even if the insured is not hospitalised but has been quarantined in a Government / Military Hospital / facility while undergoing COVID-19 treatment. This product works over and above the existing health insurance, no bills are required for claims.
This is an Individual Sum Insured policy. So if you select a Sum insured of Rs. 50,000 - it is applicable only to one person for whom the policy is bought.
If you are tested positive for COVID-19 from ICMR authorized centres along with certification from registered medical certificate – You're eligible for 100% of Sum Insured.
If you have been quarantined for at least 14 days in a Government / Military facility you will be eligible for 50% lumpsum.
Quarantine may be applied at an individual level or to a group or community of exposed persons in a Government / Military Hospital / Facility. It is the process of monitoring people who have been exposed to a contagious disease for signs and symptoms of that disease.
No, quarantine at home is not payable as per the terms and conditions of this policy.
Policy certificate will be received immediately through email after issuance of the policy.
No, this cover does not have any cash or surrender value.
Policy is renewable till such time the customer is associated with DBS Bank.
- Any Individual who have or had respiratory related symptoms like severe cough, respiratory diseases, breathlessness in the past 4 weeks or had a Pre-Existing condition of COVID-19 Infection.
- Individuals should not have travelled to China, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Mayalsia, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Italy and Iran since December 31st, 2019
- Individuals who have not suffered from any respiratory related symptoms like severe cough, respiratory diseases, breathlessness from last 4 weeks
This cover is applicable to domestic resident customers for hospitalisation in India for more than 24 hours.
This product can be only purchased by DBS Bank customer and their family members (a spouse and 2 children) only, no parents and parents-in-law. One can open digibank account instantly and purchase this product.