A Bike Insurance by Royal Sundaram
Two Wheeler Insurance from Royal Sundaram policy is a package cover designed to offer wide protection for the insured vehicle against loss or damage to the vehicle and liability caused by road accidents. Convenient and easy to understand, with easy documentation and hassle-free claims and customer service.
Two wheeler policy by Royal Sundaram has the following:
For a long-term insurance for 3 years. Option for 1 year and 2 years also available
Not to face the hassles of renewing your policy each year
Protection of No claim bonus
In case of one claim during the tenure of the policy
Protection from inflation
No need to pay any extra premium even if there is an increase in third party premium during the course of the policy period
Easy to keep record
Only one policy document will be issued for the entire policy period of 2/3 year
Key features of the coverage
- Damage to your two wheeler
- Legal Liability to Third Parties
- Personal Accident Cover to Owner Driver
- PA cover can be availed for pillion
Features and Benefits
Section 1: Own Damage
Plan will cover the accidental loss or damage to your two wheeler caused by any of the following:
Fire, explosion, self-ignition, lightening, burglary housebreaking or theft, riot and strike, earthquake (fire and shock damage), flood, typhoon, hurricane, storm, tempest, inundation, cyclone, hailstorm, frost, accidental external means, malicious act, terrorist activity, whilst in transit by road rail inland-waterway lift elevator or air, landslide or rockslide.
Section 2: Liability to Third Parties
Provides cover for any legal liability arising out of the use of the vehicle for:
- Death of or bodily injury to any person including occupants carried in the insured vehicle (provided such occupants are not carried for hire or reward) but except so far as it is necessary to meet the requirements of Motor Vehicles Act, the Company shall not be liable where such death or injury arises out of and in the course of the employment of such person by the Insured.
- Damage to property other than property belonging to the Insured or held in trust or in the custody or control of the Insured.
Section 3: Personal Accident Cover
In the unfortunate event of death and or permanent total disability of owner-driver arising out of an accident while traveling on your two wheeler, we will pay the specified Sum Insured to you/ your legal heir. You can also opt for a personal accident cover for passengers as well as paid drivers. Secure yourself with a personal accident cover.
- Any loss or damage caused outside the geographical area.
- Any loss or damage arising out of your two wheeler
- Not being used as per the limitations to use.
- Being driven by any person other than a driver as stated in the driver’s clause.
- Any consequential loss, depreciation, wear and tear, mechanical or electrical breakdown failures or breakages.
- Any accidental loss or damage suffered whilst the Insured or any person driving the vehicle with the knowledge and consent of the Insured is under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs.
- Any loss or damage to accessories unless speciality covered in the policy.
- Other exclusions as listed in the policy wordings.
Eligibility and Fees
Plan applicable for roll-over two wheelers.
How to Apply
DBS Bank India Limited (IRDA of India Registration Number: CA 0257) having the registered office at GF: Nos. 11 & 12, Capitol Point BKS Marg, Connaught Place, Delhi - 110001 is the Corporate Agent of Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company Limited (IRDA of India Regn.No.102) CIN: U67200TN2000PLC045611 having the Registered office address at No.21, Patullos Road, Chennai - 600002. DBS Bank India Limited (Bank) does not underwrite the risk or act as an insurer. The Two wheeler insurance by Royal Sundaram with UIN: IRDA102P00002V01201617 is underwritten by Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company Limited. The contract of insurance is between the insurer and the insured and not between the Bank and the insured. Bank does not give any warranty, as to the accuracy and completeness of the policies. Bank does not accept any liability or losses attributable to your contract of Insurance. Participation by the Bank’s customers in the insurance products is purely on a voluntary basis and is not linked to availment of any other facility from the bank. ISNP registration valid.
For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, exclusions, please read sales brochure of insurer and policy terms and conditions carefully before concluding a sale. Tax benefits are available as per the prevailing tax laws, which are subject to change.
Contact our 24-hour toll free customer service helpline number 1-800-209-4555 / 1-860-267-1234 or our overseas customer service number 91-44-66854555 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit us at: www.dbs.com/in