Terms and Conditions for Visa Debit Card
Terms and Conditions for Visa Virtual Debit Card and Visa International Debit Card
1. Debit Card Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are applicable to your Debit Card. Please read them carefully before you sign or use the Debit Card. When you read these Terms and Conditions bear in mind that "you", "your" and "Card Member" mean the person holding the digibank e-wallet Account or digiSavings. The words "we", "our", "us" and "Bank" refer to DBS Bank India Limited and its successors and assigns.
2. Applicability of Terms
The Terms and Conditions contained herein form a contract between You and DBS Bank India Limited. You will be deemed to have unconditionally accepted these Terms and Conditions and accepted the onus of ensuring compliance with the relevant RBI Regulations, Exchange Control regulations of Reserve Bank of India ("RBI"), Foreign Exchange Management Act 1999 as may be amended or replaced from time to time and all the rules and regulations framed there under, by opening a digibank e-wallet Account or digiSavings.
These Terms and Conditions will be in addition to and not in derogation of the Terms and Conditions relating to digibank e-wallet or digiSavings. You, while making use of any services/facilities relating to the Debit Card will at all times continue to be bound by the Terms and Conditions stipulated by DBS Bank India Limited from time to time for such services/facilities.
Unless otherwise set out, the following terms will have the meaning as set out hereunder. Words denoting the singular include the plural and vice versa; words denoting the masculine gender include the feminine or neuter gender and vice versa; references to persons are to be construed as references to an individual, company or trust as the context requires and vice versa. Clause and other similar headings are for ease of reference and will not affect the interpretation of any provision herein. In this agreement, unless otherwise required:
- "Account" means and includes both digibank e-wallet and digiSavings or any of them.
- "ATM" means an automated teller machine or card operated machine or device whether belonging to us or of any other bank on a shared network, you can use your Visa International Debit Card to access your funds in your Account/s held with us.
- "ATM Limit" means the maximum permissible limit prescribed by the Bank for all cash withdrawals and/or any other Transaction which you may effect through an ATM in any one day or per transaction.
- "Card Transaction" means any payment made or any amount charged for any goods, services and/or other benefits by, through or from the use of the Debit Card in signature or the PIN or in any other manner, regardless whether a sales draft or other voucher or form is signed by you and whether authorisation has been sought by us.
- "Card-Not-Present Transaction" means a Transaction effected in a merchant environment where the Card Member and the Card are not physically present at the time of usage. Typical Card-Not-Present transactions include but are not limited to internet-based transactions, mail, telephone or facsimile orders or reservations or recurring payments. All transaction for the Visa Virtual Debit Card will be Card-not-present Transactions.
- "digiSavings" refers to a savings account designated by us to be an eligible account for operation through the use of the Debit Card and/or accessed by you through Electronic Services.
- "digibank app" means an application for Mobile Devices that can be downloaded by you from a designated location or application store.
- "digibank e-wallet or digibank e-wallet Account" means a product offered by digibank through the digibank app and is a semi closed prepaid payment instrument (non-interest bearing) that may be used by you as a wallet on your Mobile Phone or any other permitted device.
- "Electronic Services" means any banking and other services or facilities which we and/or any Participant may make available to you from time to time and offered via electronic means, including any card, electronic computerised or telecommunication devices or modes of operating accounts in or outside India, and where the context requires, also means any PIN and/or Card used to access Electronic Services.
- "GST" means any goods and services tax, including any tax of a similar nature that may replace it or be levied in addition to it, by whatever name called.
- "Information" means information regarding the money or other relevant particulars relating to you, or any User, or the Account or any Transaction.
- "International Transactions" refers to the transactions performed by you through the Debit Card outside India, Nepal and Bhutan.
- "Merchant" means any person, firm or corporation which enters into an agreement with the Bank, or any member or licensee of Master Card International, Visa International, or any other electronic service provider relating to the use and/or acceptance of a Card in payment to such person whether for goods, services or charges provided or incurred.
- "Participant" means any person, firm, company or organisation in India or otherwise which, from time to time, participates or is involved, directly or indirectly, in providing Electronic Services or any goods and services in relation to the Card.
- "PIN" means a PIN generated by the user in the digibank app in relation to the use of the Card and/or access of Electronic Services.
- "Point of Sale/POS" transactions means transactions initiated at Merchants' point of sale terminals.
- "Spending Limit" means the maximum permissible limit prescribed by us in respect of total Card transactions effected in a day.
- "Terms and Conditions" mean these Terms and Conditions as amended or supplemented by us.
- "Transaction" means any transaction or instruction effected or issued, or purported to be effected or issued, by you through the Card and/or Electronic Services.
- "User" means you.
4. Terms and Conditions for Usage of the Visa Virtual Debit Card on the Internet
- You agree and accept the services that are being provided by us at your request to carry out online transactions through Visa Virtual Debit Card instructions on your digibank e-wallet or digiSavings account, as given by you. You hereby undertake that you will take all necessary precautions to prevent unauthorised and illegal use of the Debit Card and unauthorised access to your digibank e-wallet or digiSavings account/s.
- You have no objection whatsoever, that your billing details are provided to us by merchants to whom you make payment using digibank Services.
- The Visa Virtual Debit Card can be used by you (unless otherwise specified by DBS Bank) at all internet websites in India which display the logos of the Bank/Visa/MasterCard/ and/or any other shared networks and/or agencies as may be recognised by DBS Bank from time to time and which have the facility of offering goods or services for purchase through internet websites in India.
- You agree that a valid Visa Virtual Debit Card will mean a Debit Card which is currently active on the system and not blocked or hot listed. If a Debit Card is hot listed or blocked, you will not be able to carry out any transactions with immediate effect.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the availability of the balance and accuracy of the amount and payment details.
- You agree that you will make payments as required by the merchant. You will not hold us responsible for the merchant rejecting the payment amount because of incorrect or incomplete entries or for any other reasons whatsoever. You agree that the record of the instructions given and transactions with us will be conclusive proof and binding for all purposes and can be used as conclusive evidence in any proceeding.
- You understand and acknowledge that only those websites/merchants accepting payments through mVisa/Bharat QR or who offer a 3D secure or 2nd factor authentication will allow transactions done through the Visa Virtual Debit Card. You also understand and agree that the shared networks may provide different functionalities and service offerings that may require you to provide certain additional details to complete the online transaction.
- You agree that the said functionalities and service offerings by the shared networks will be advertised on the Internet Website of the merchant by displaying an additional logo/trademark/symbol.
- You agree that for the purpose of using the Visa Virtual Debit Card for an internet purchase, you will provide the card number, Card Verification Value (CVV) security digits, expiry date of the Debit Card, and a One Time Pin (OTP) which will be sent to your registered mobile number with us. You agree that for the purpose of using the Visa Virtual Debit Card to make payment to your merchant using mVisa/Bharat QR, you will login to your digibank app, scan the relevant Quick Response (QR) code and authenticate using your Soft Token ID.
- You agree that unless (i) you enter the complete and correct data/information in the verification field/s in the internet website or (ii) you properly scan the QR code of your merchant, you will not be able to make payment using your Visa Virtual Debit Card.
- In case you wish to cancel a completed transaction due to an error or on account of agreed merchandise return, the earlier transaction must be cancelled with the merchant and a confirmation of the cancelled receipt must be retained in your possession.
- Reversal/refund of debits due to such transactions will be processed manually and the confirmation of the cancelled receipt needs to be produced by you, if called for.
- You agree that all refunds due to non-delivery of goods or services/rejection of the goods or services will be done at the request of the relevant merchant only. In case of refunds, we will not refund payment processing charges levied, if any, on you for processing of the transaction.
- You agree that without prejudice to anything contained anywhere in these Terms and Conditions, we will be under no liability, whatsoever, to you , in respect of any loss or damage arising, directly or indirectly, out of (i) any defect in any goods or services supplied; (ii) the refusal of any merchant to honour or accept the payment through Visa Virtual Debit Card; (iii) the malfunction of any computer terminal, any delay/technical failures; (iv) sharing of access details of your account by you or any third party to any unauthorised person; (v) Any misstatement, misrepresentation, error or omission in any details disclosed to us by you; or (vi) Any discrepancy between the amount required to be paid by the respective merchant(s) and the instructions given by you; or (vii) inability of your Mobile Device to scan the QR code; or (viii) failure of the merchant to raise cancellation/refund request.
- You agree that we will not be responsible for any dealings that you may have through internet websites, including but not limited to the supply of goods and services. It must be distinctly understood by you that this Debit Card facility is purely a facility for you to purchase goods and/or make use of services, and we hold out no warranty or make no representation about the quality, delivery or otherwise of the merchandise.
- You agree that for reasons that the internet website is not capable of accepting all the details required by us and/or the shared networks to complete the online transaction, the said transaction will not be treated as complete and in which case we will not be held liable for any incomplete/unprocessed/rejected transactions.
- You agree that on completion of the online purchase transaction, the amount for which you make an online purchase will be debited from the digibank e-wallet or digiSavings account (as the case may be) linked to the Debit Card immediately.
- You agree that we will not be held responsible for the delivery of any item purchased by you or the condition of the item when it is delivered. Our role is restricted to provision of information and payment services only. All disputes regarding delivery/condition of goods are to be taken up directly with the concerned merchant. We will not, in any way, be responsible for merchandise, merchandise warranty or services purchased, or availed of by you from Merchant Establishments, including on account of delay in delivery, non-delivery, non-receipt of goods or receipt of defective goods by you.
- You agree that will you have any complaints concerning any transaction placed through internet website, the matter will be resolved by you with the concerned merchant and failure to do so will not relieve you from any obligations to us. We accept no responsibility for any surcharge levied by any internet website and the same being debited to your Account with the transaction amount. You will at all times take all appropriate steps, including those as mentioned herein, to maintain the security of the Card, ATM PIN and other details pertaining to your Debit Card.
- You agree that any dispute or claim regarding the merchandise must be resolved by you with the merchant. The existence of any claim or dispute will not relieve you of your obligation to pay all the charges and you agree to pay promptly such charges, notwithstanding any dispute or claim, whatsoever.
- In case of any dispute, we reserve the right to suspend any merchant/master merchant either temporarily or permanently. During this period, the Debit Card facility will not work for all such suspended merchants.
- We reserve the right to change, at any time, these Terms and Conditions, features and benefits offered to you including, without limitation to, changes which affect existing balances, interest charges or rates and methods of calculation. You agree that charges, if any, for the Debit Card facility and related services will be at our sole discretion and will be at the liberty to vary the same from time to time. We will communicate all the amended Terms and Conditions by hosting the same on our website, www.dbs.com/digibank/in/terms-and-conditions.html, or in any other manner as decided by the Bank. You will be liable for all charges incurred and all other obligations under these revised Terms. You will be responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms and Conditions including amendments thereto as may be posted on the website and will be deemed to have accepted the amended Terms and Conditions by continuing to use the direct debit facility.
- We may, at our sole discretion, utilise the services of external service provider/s or agent/s and on such terms as required or necessary, in relation to the products/services made available by us.
- You agree that we will at our own discretion withdraw at anytime the Debit Card facility, or any services provided hereunder, in respect of any or all the account(s) without assigning any reason whatsoever, without giving you any notice.
- You agree that you will not use the Visa Virtual Debit Card facility/services for any mail order/phone order purchases and any such usage will be considered as unauthorised and you will be solely responsible.
5. Electronic Services
The Visa Virtual Debit Card can only facilitate electronic transactions through websites in India.
6. Use of Visa Virtual Debit Card
This Visa Virtual Debit Card can only be used to carry out only domestic transactions. It is clarified that card not present transactions like merchant payments using mVisa/Bharat QR and payments on domestic websites can only be carried out.
7. Spending Limit
7.1 Domestic Spending Limit
digibank e-wallet account:
Subject to availability of balance in your digibank e-wallet Account, in case of Visa Virtual Debit Card a per day spending limit of Rs. 10,000/- and a monthly spending limit of Rs. 10,000/- or such amount as may be determined by the Bank from time to time will be set for usage of your Debit Card for domestic transactions. The limit in case of Visa Virtual Debit Card on your digibank e-wallet account is Rs. 10,000 per transaction. The Spending Limit will apply to all Card Not Present transactions (including internet purchases) and/or for utilising other Electronic Services, if and when introduced.
digiSavings account opened using OTP-based eKYC process OR biometric authentication:
Subject to availability of balance in your digiSavings account opened using OTP-based eKYC process or biometric authentication, a per day spending limit of Rs. 1,00,000, or such amount as may be determined by the Bank from time to time, will be set for usage of your Debit Card. The Spending Limit will apply to all Point of Sale and/or Card Not Present transactions (including internet purchases) and/or for utilizing other Electronic services, if and when introduced. We may allow setting different spending limits for different customers.
If you hold a Visa Virtual Debit Card on your digiSavings account, you can use your card only for domestic Card Not Present Transactions (including internet purchases). The limit in case of Visa Virtual Debit Card on your digiSavings account opened using OTP-based eKYC process is Rs. 1,00,000 per day.
If you hold a physical Visa International Debit Card on your digiSavings account, you will be allowed to withdraw cash subject to the availability of balance in your account up to the ATM Limit. You must not use or attempt to use your Debit Card to effect any cash withdrawal or any other transactions if the ATM Limit or available balance will be exceeded. The onus of ensuring adequate balances in your digiSavings is entirely on you. The limits on cash withdrawal at ATMs and for purchase of goods and services are assigned to you based on your card type.
The limits for Online, POS and Contactless will be a cumulative limit and not an individual limit. The transaction limits (within the overall card limit) for all types of transactions can be set/modified using your digibank app.
The physical debit card by default will have the contactless option, however, basis your preference, the same can be enabled / disabled using your digibank app.
7.2 International Spending Limit
You can use your physical Visa International Debit Card outside India (except in Nepal and Bhutan).
The limits on cash withdrawal at ATMs and for purchase of goods and services are assigned to you based on your card type.
The limits for Online, POS and Contactless will be a cumulative limit and not an individual limit. The international transaction limits (within the overall card limit) for all types of transactions can be set/modified using your digibank app.
7.3 Charges Not To Exceed Spending Limit
You may perform a Visa Virtual Debit Card Transaction only if there are sufficient funds in your digibank e-wallet or digiSavings Account to cover such transactions and the total charges incurred will not exceed the Spending Limit. You will not effect or attempt to perform any Visa Virtual Debit Card Transaction that will result in your Spending Limit being exceeded. We may also refuse to authorize any transaction that you wish to effect even if such transaction will not cause your Spending Limit to be exceeded.
8. Duty to Notify Us
You must notify us immediately if (a) the Debit Card is used by any other person or (b) any other event occurs which will, under these Terms and Conditions, allow us to suspend or cancel the use of Debit Card or the Electronic Services.
You may notify us of the loss/theft of mobile or unauthorised use by hotlisting the Debit Card from the digibank app or call our 24 hour Customer Service Hotline at 18602103456 or by notifying us in writing by visiting the DBS Bank branch nearest to you during the working hours on working days of the Branch or such other modes as may be acceptable to the Bank.
9. Terms and Conditions ("Terms and Conditions") for Usage of Visa International Debit Card for digiSavings
9.1 Know your Debit Card
Your Visa International Debit Card is a physical debit card. Once you request for a Debit Card in the digibank app, you will have an option to choose between your current address on our records or provide an alternate address for the delivery of your Debit Card. The address you choose for delivery of your Debit Card shall be within any of the cities were DBS Branches are located. You will ensure that the same is received in a sealed envelope. We are not liable for any loss or damage which you may suffer if you fail to receive the Debit Card.
The Debit Card shall be valid only for transaction options, as permitted by DBS from time to time in India and abroad, or at DBS Bank India ATMs, ATMs of other banks, which are members of the MasterCard/Visa/Rupay ATM network and Master Card/Visa/Rupay Point-of-Sale swipe terminals at merchant establishments.
The Debit Card is not transferrable or assignable by you under any circumstance.
You must sign the Debit Card immediately upon receipt. You must not permit any other person to use it and should safeguard the Debit Card from misuse by retaining the Debit Card under your personal control at all time.
To activate Visa International Debit Card, you will have to generate a Personal Identification Number (PIN) on the digibank app. This PIN will enable access to your DBS Bank International Debit Card at ATMs and POS. For security reasons, Debit Card is being sent as ‘inactive' for usage across channels. You understand that activation of your Visa International Debit Card is required for confirmation of the Debit Card delivery address provided by you. You should activate your Visa International Debit Card within ninety (90) days of request of your Visa International Debit Card, failing which the Bank may block your digiSavings Account disallowing debit and credit transaction. You acknowledge and agree that You cannot perform any transaction in the digiSavings Account until You activate your Visa International Debit Card.
The Personal Identification Number (PIN) issued to you with the Debit Card or any othernumber chosen by you as a PIN, should be known only to you and are for your personal use and are non- transferable and strictly confidential. A written record of the PINshould not be kept in any form, place or manner that may facilitate its use by a third party. The PIN should not be disclosed to any third party, either to staff of the Bank or to merchant establishments, under any circumstance or by any means whether voluntary or otherwise. DBS shall issue the PIN to you and you are under obligation to keep the same strictly confidential.
After activation of your Visa International Debit Card, the Visa Virtual Debit Card will cease to exist.
9.3 Usage Guidelines
Your Debit Card is extremely versatile and simple to use. It works similar to a credit card while making purchase transactions at Merchant Outlets, the key difference being that the transaction amount is directly debited from your Account with DBS Bank. The Debit Card also doubles up as an ATM Card, thus saving you the need of carrying separate ATM Card. You can use the card for ATM and POS transactions outside India.
In the event of technical breakdown of the payment system (such as ATM Machines, POS Machines, etc.) if the breakdown of the system was cognizable for you by a message on the display of the device, you shall not use the debit card after such display / message and DBS shall not be responsible for any consequent loss.
9.4 Visa International Debit Card
You acknowledge, represent and warrant that the PIN selected by you provides access to your digiSavings and that you accept the sole responsibility for use, confidentiality and protection of the PIN, as well as for all orders, information and charges entered in to the digiSavings(s) using such PIN. You will at all times take all appropriate steps as mentioned herein to maintain the security of the PIN.
DBS Bank may, following the occurrence of any event (Loss/stolen Debit Card) or otherwise in its absolute discretion issue a new PIN on the existing physical Debit Card and charge a replacement fee. Subject to the RBI guidelines and internal policy of the Bank with regard to unauthorised electronic transactions, you will not hold DBS Bank liable in case of any improper/fraudulent/unauthorised/duplicate/erroneous use of the Debit Card and/or the PIN. DBS Bank will also not be liable for any consequences connected with the use/misuse of the Debit Card by any third party due to the Debit Card falling in the hands of any third party or the PIN coming to the knowledge of any third party. If any third parties gain access to the services, including the digiSavings, due to your negligence you will be responsible and will indemnify DBS Bank against any liability, costs or damages arising out of such misuse/use by third parties based upon or relating to such access and use or otherwise.
9.5 ATM Usage
You can use your Debit Card as a regular ATM Card to withdraw cash and undertake other transactions at any DBS Bank or Visa ATM, displaying the Visa logo in India and overseas. Visa has the widest network of over 43,000 ATMs in India and over 1,000,000 worldwide, enabling convenient 24-hour access to any of the accounts linked to your DBS Bank International Debit Card. For a comprehensive list of all Visa ATMs in India and across the world, please visit the Visa website at www.visa.com.
Subject to availability of balance in your Account, a per day cash withdrawal limit through the ATM will be determined by the Bank from time to time and will be available in the digibank app for reference.
In case you are unable to withdraw cash from any Visa ATM, try keying in a lower amount (as some ATMs have a cash disbursement limit) or try after a few minutes (as the network server may be down).
No charges shall be levied for failed transaction, if it is failed due to any technical reason like hardware, software, communication issues; non-availability of currency notes in the ATM; and other declines ascribable directly / wholly to us / service provider (appointed by us); invalid PIN / validations; etc., All such failed transaction shall not be counted as valid ATM transactions.
Non-cash withdrawal transactions (such as balance enquiry, cheque book request, payment of taxes, funds transfer, etc.), which constitute ‘on-us’ transactions (i.e., when a debit card is used at an ATM of the bank which has issued the debit card) shall also not be part of the number of free ATM transactions.
9.6 At DBS Bank ATMs
At any DBS Bank ATM in India you can (assuming you have a digiSavings linked to your Debit Card.):
- Complete a cash withdrawal from your digiSavings.
- Check the account balance of your digiSavings.
- Get a mini account statement.
- Make a cash/cheque deposit to the digiSavings.
- Transfer funds between accounts linked to your Debit Card maintained with the Bank.
- Transfer funds to third party accounts within the DBS Bank India network.
- Change your PIN.
- Presently, all transactions at DBS Bank ATMs in India are complimentary.
Note: Please note that funds transfers to non-resident accounts are not permitted.
9.7 At Non-DBS Bank ATMs
You can only undertake cash withdrawal and balance inquiry transactions of your digiSavings at Visa ATMs. Do note that all transactions (at Non DBS Bank ATMs) after first 3 free transactions for Metro and first 5 free transactions for Non Metro (per month) will be subjected to a transaction charge/fee as per the Rates and Fees. All withdrawals from Non DBS Bank ATMs in India will be subject to availability of balance in your Debit Card Account and limits as may be determined by the Bank from time to time. Please note that not all ATMs have a balance enquiry option.
10. Debit Card features:
10.1 Point of Sale (POS) Transactions
Using your Visa International Debit Card for shopping at any of the Visa Electron merchant outlets in India and more than 24 million worldwide could not be easier. Follow these simple, convenient steps to make your shopping experience truly enjoyable.
- Look for a Visa/Visa Tap to Pay sign at the Point-of-Sale merchant establishment. The merchant must have an Electron Point-of-Sale card swiping terminal/ Visa Tap to Pay enabled terminal.
- Present your Debit Card after making your purchase.
- The Debit Card will be swiped by the merchant on a Visa Electron Data Capture Terminal for authorisation. In case of Visa Tap to Pay transaction the Debit Card will be held/waved by the Customer close to merchant Tap to Pay enabled reader/terminal.
- In case of VISA Tap to Pay Debit Card transactions up to INR 5,000 or such other amount as may be permitted, made on Tap to Pay enabled terminals, you will not require any PIN for authorization. In case of any other POS transactions you need to enter your ATM PIN for authorization.
- You may use your Debit Card to effect any number of card transactions on Visa Tap to Pay readers provided that the value of each Visa Tap to Pay transaction does not exceed INR 5,000 or such other amount as may be determined by us from time to time at our sole and absolute discretion without notice to you.
- After a successful authorisation, a hold for the transacted amount will first be placed on your digiSavings. Your digiSavings will subsequently be debited for the transacted amount.
- A sales slip will be generated.
- Check and sign the sales slip, if required by the Merchant. Your signature must match with that on the reverse of the Card.
- Ensure your Debit Card is returned to you.
- Preserve your copy of the sales slip for future reference.
- Subject to availability of balance in your digiSavings, a per day limit of such amount as may be determined by the Bank from time to time, will be set for usage of your Debit Card at merchant outlets. When the Debit Card is used at a merchant establishment, the purchase amount will always be debited from the digiSavings.
- Do note that since signature/PIN verification is required for Debit Card transactions, you need to be physically present along with your Debit Card at the time of purchase. Debit Card cannot be used for mail order and telephone order transactions.
Visa International Debit Card is accepted only at all Visa supported Point-of-Sale terminals at merchant establishments in India and overseas, which display the Visa logo. You must sign the sales slip and retain your copy of the sales slip whenever the Debit Card is used at merchant establishments on Point of Sale terminals. We will not furnish copies of the sales slip. Any sales slip not personally signed by you but which can be proven, as being authorised by you will be deemed to be your liability.
We will not accept any responsibility for any dealings the merchant may have with you, including but not limited to the supply of goods and services so availed or offered. Should you have any complaint relating to any Visa supported Card merchant establishment, you will resolve the matter with the merchant establishment and failure to do so will not relieve you from any obligations to us. If you decide to cancel your purchase and not accept the goods after the Debit Card is swiped, ensure that the merchant cancels the transaction immediately and the cancellation slip is handed over to you. Any cancellation thereafter will be routed as a 'chargeback' on the merchant through the acquiring bank and will take the time required to complete the process. There can be no guarantee of full/partial return of the amount.
We accept no responsibility for any charges levied by any merchant establishment over and above the value/cost of transactions and debited to your Account along with the transaction amount.
A purchase and a subsequent credit for cancellation of goods/services are two separate transactions. The refund will only be credited to your digiSavings (less cancellation charges) as and when it is received from the merchant. If the credit is not posted to your digiSavings within 30 days from the date of cancellation, you must notify us, along with a copy of the cancellation slip from the merchant.
Debit Card should not be used for any mail order/phone purchases and any such usage will be considered as unauthorised and you will be liable for all cost and consequences arising or relating thereto.
10.2 Contactless Payment Systems
Your Debit Card is enabled for contactless payments. It is a fast and convenient way to pay for every day purchases. It is a secure, contactless chip technology designed to help you spend less time at the cash register and give you the freedom to do the things that matter most to you.
Simple & Easy steps to use the Contactless Debit Card:
- Step 1: Look for the contactless logo () at the point of sale.
- Step 2: The cashier enters your purchase amount into the POS terminal which is equipped with contactless payment technology . This amount will be displayed on the contactless reader.
- Step 3: Hold your card over the reader or at the POS at close range (less than 4 cm from where the contactless logo appears).
- Step 4: Four green indicator lights or a beep sound will indicate when the transaction is complete. A message will also be displayed on the screen indicating the transaction is complete. No PIN is required for amounts less than Rs. 5,000 w.e.f. January 1, 2021.
Please note that in India, payment through contactless mode is allowed for a maximum of Rs. 5,000/- w.e.f January 1, 2021 for a single transaction where you are not asked to input your Debit Card PIN.
10.3 Manage Card Security
You can enable or disable transaction channels for your debit card, as per your needs and usage from digibank app.
Using debit card settings on your digibank app, you can enable/disable domestic and international transactions across different channels such as ATM, POS, EPOS and Tap & Pay (contactless payment). You will not be able to transact on a particular channel if it is disabled as per your card settings on digibank app.
10.4 mVisa/Bharat QR
You can use your Visa Virtual Debit Card and Visa International Debit Card for making payments to mVisa/Bharat QR merchants in India using mVisa/Bharat QR facility. You acknowledge that for using mVisa/Bharat QR facility you will have to scan the QR code of the relevant merchant, to whom you wish to make payment, and authorize payment after verifying the payment details. You agree that on completion of the mVisa/Bharat QR transaction, the amount for which you make payment to merchants will be debited from the digibank e-wallet or digiSavings account (as the case may be) linked to your Debit Card. In case a transaction is disputed by the customer, the Bank will follow the standard procedure of raising a chargeback with merchant acquirer bank in accordance with the dispute resolution guidelines and can take minimum of 45 days for the disputed amount to be credited in the customers Account.
11. International Usage
Your Debit Card is accepted at DBS Bank ATMs and at Visa ATMs in India and abroad. Your Debit Card is not valid for payment in foreign exchange in Nepal and Bhutan.
Please Note: In case of international cash withdrawal transactions, the applicable exchange rates and fees will be levied.
Utilisation of the Debit Card must be in strict accordance with the Exchange Control Regulations of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) prevailing from time to time. In the event of your failure to do so, you will be liable for action under the Foreign Exchange Management Act 1999 (FEMA) as may be amended or replaced from time to time and may be debarred from holding a Debit Card either at the instance of the Bank or RBI. You will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any/all consequences arising from you not complying with Exchange Control regulations. At the time of cash withdrawal at Visa ATMs while abroad the screen will display 3 options for account selection - 1) Savings 2) Checking 3) Credit. Please choose the "Checking" option, as this option hits the Visa network. In some countries you may have to choose the "Credit"option.
At a few Merchant establishments abroad (especially in the United States of America), you may have to ask the cashier to swipe your Debit Card as a credit card. This is because in some countries "Debit" is connected only to the local network and the transaction may be declined, as it will not reach the Visa network. Your Debit Card will continue to function as a Debit Card.
12. Advantages of Your Debit Card
The Visa Classic Debit Card comes with a lost card liability cover. Please see the details in clause 12.1.1 below.
For Visa Signature Debit Card - The zero lost card liability/purchase protection/personal accident coverage is provided to you by New India Assurance Company Limited (or any other general insurance company as may be identified by DBS Bank India from time to time). All the terms and conditions, of the policy are applicable and DBS shall not held liable for any defect in the policy. You acknowledge that the insurance benefit provided on the Debit Card will be available to you as per the terms of the relevant insurance policy in force and only so long as you remain an active customer of DBS and your Account conduct being deemed satisfactory by DBS and if the Debit Card and/or the Account linked with the Debit Card being terminated for whatever reason, the benefit of such insurance cover shall automatically and ipso facto cease to be available from the date of termination. All the claims have to be intimated to the insurance company within 30 days of the occurrence of the event. Claims shall not be admissible after this period.
Please refer to www.newindia.co.in for contact details. We do not hold any warranty and/or make any representation about quality, delivery of the cover, claims processing or settlement of the claim by the New India Assurance Company in any manner whatsoever. All decisions relating to insurance shall be solely taken by New India Assurance Company Limited and the same shall be binding on you and we shall not be responsible or liable for same (including delayed settlement). You may be asked to submit additional documents which New India Assurance Company may require from time to time either for issuance of the policy or for settlement of claim. We reserve the right to discontinue /change the insurance facility so offered at any time. In such an event you shall be informed about the cut-off date. Our decision in this case shall be final.
12.1.1 Lost Card Liability Cover
You are protected against fraudulent purchase transactions in case your DBS Bank International Debit Card gets lost or stolen. This cover will be applicable for nine (9) days and will cover two (2) days prior to the day on which the report of loss or theft of the card to DBS Bank in India (call our DBS Bank Customer Service Number 18602103456 ) or to the Visa Global Assistance Helpline (if overseas) has been made. You may notify us of the loss/theft or unauthorised use by calling our 24 hour Customer Service Hotline at 18602103456 or by notifying us in writing subsequently by visiting the branch nearest to you during the working hours on working days. Please refer to the Visa International Debit Card Agreement for further details.
Scope of Cover: All fraudulent utilisation of lost or stolen DBS Bank International Debit Card including due to counterfeit/lost in transit/ATM transactions/internet Banking transactions, point of sale and merchant establishments transactions and Pre-Delivery.
For the purpose of the policy: ATM Fraud means and includes fraudulent cash withdrawal and fraudulent Transactions using stolen/lost cards. Internet Banking Fraud is defined as fraudulent transactions made on the internet by use of lost/stolen cards. ATM related transactions covered provided that it is not done by the Card Member/authorised person.
Please note that all PIN or Soft Token ID authenticated or PIN verified transactions will not be covered. You will file the First Investigation Report (FIR) with the respective Police authority of the competent jurisdiction within 3 days from loss/when the card was stolen and submit the copy of the same to the Bank within 3 days.
Lost Card Liability:
- Reporting Period - 2 days pre-reporting and 7 days post reporting cover.
- All fraudulent utilisation of lost or stolen covered Debit Cards including due to counterfeit/lost in transit/ATM transactions/internet Banking transactions, point of sale and merchant establishment transactions are covered.
- ATM Fraud defined as fraudulent cash withdrawal and fraudulent transactions from stolen/lost cards.
- ATM related transactions are covered provided that it is not done by the Card Member/authorised person.
- Any PIN based transactions (like ATM, Internet and telephone etc.) are covered provided the PIN is acquired under duress by unauthorised person.
- All losses arising from break of 2nd level authorisations are not covered. Warranted that all the cards are chip and pin based.
- Internet Banking Fraud is defined as fraudulent transactions made on the internet by use of lost/stolen cards.
- Pre-delivery fraud is not covered.
- It is mandatory to submit an FIR in case of a lost card.
12.2 Counterfeit Cards
- Skimming - Any Fraudulent Use of a Bank Card(s) where property, labour or services are sold and delivered by a merchant to an individual purporting to be the Card Member using telephone, fax machines, postal services or a computer based system or network.
- Losses arising out of duplicate or counterfeit cards as issued by the Bank created without the Card Member's knowledge.
- The Insured must cancel the Card as soon as practicable, but in any event not more than 7 days, after receipt of notification of the unauthorised access or theft.
- Reporting Period - 2 days pre-reporting and 7 days post reporting cover.
- Claim has to be reported by You within 15 days from the date of issue of statement containing the disputed counterfeit transaction.
12.3 Online Fraud Protection
- Phishing/account takeover - Any fraudulent loss or damage arising due to Information obtained by unauthorised access to sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and any card details by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication which is not owned, operated or contracted by the Insured or the Insured's Bank Card processor.
- The policy covers all online fraudulent utilisation of debit Cards using the authorised CVV (Card Verification Value Code) issued to You by the Bank.
- Covers Liability arising out of any loss or damage of Card transactions using the authorised PIN issued to You by the Bank.
- Reporting Period - 2 days pre-reporting and 7 days post reporting
- Security Code/Password based transactions are not covered.
- The Company will not make any payment for any claim directly or indirectly arising from, or occasioned by, or due to
- Loss incurred by You because of misuse of debit card at any site not having authorised VeriSign Security status or any other equivalent security status at any point in time for the entire period of the insurance.
- Any failed/duplicate/declined transactions by host website/authorised bank
- Any errors made by the host website/authorised bank. Internet Banking Frauds is defined as fraudulent transactions being made on the internet by use of lost/stolen cards.
13. Global Customer Assistance Service (GCAS)
This is a chargeable service provided by Visa. Card Members can receive assistance from Visa Global Customer Assistance Service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. GCAS can be used for lost/stolen card reporting, emergency cash assistance or miscellaneous information that you may require overseas. Please refer to the website www.visa-asia.com for the GCAS toll free numbers.
Please note that the services are presently charged as Miscellaneous Customer Service Inquiries: US $5 per Inquiry and Lost/Stolen Card reporting: Free. Please also note that these charges may vary from time to time.
14. Taking Care of Your Debit Card
Following these simple guidelines will ensure that using your Debit Card is a pleasant experience.
- Treat your Debit Card in the same way you treat cash. Keep it with you at all times and never leave it unattended.
- Your Debit Card is for your exclusive use only. It should never be surrendered to anyone other than a designated bank officer at a DBS Bank branch (India) and only after cutting it into several pieces through the magnetic strip.
- Never reveal or surrender your personal identification number (PIN) to anyone. Please destroy all evidence of the PIN after memorizing it. Do not write it on the Debit Card and never keep a written copy of it in close proximity to your Debit Card. We recommend that you change the PIN to a number of your choice as soon as possible and thereafter at regular intervals. Please note that your PIN can be changed on the digibank app as well as at a DBS Bank ATM.
- In case your Debit Card is lost/stolen or if you suspect that your card has been used fraudulently, as a first measure – block the card in the digibank app. In case you cannot access the app, call the Customer Service Number at 18602103456 (for domestic) and 044-49021180 (while travelling outside India, immediately to report the loss).
- In case you need your physical Debit Card to be reissued or terminated, kindly log in to the digibank app for blocking or requesting reissuance of your physical Debit Card.
- If you have a digiSavings account opened using OTP based eKYC process and are currently holding a physical Debit Card, you will be issued a Virtual Debit Card when you request for reissuance of your existing physical Debit Card. This is a one-time, non-reversible conversion.
- A replacement your physical Debit Card will be provided to you within indicated time lines and at applicable tariffs. Upon the expiry of your physical Debit Card or closure of your digiSavings, please cut your physical Debit Card into several pieces through the magnetic strip.
- Always ensure that the physical Debit Card is used in your presence when transacting at merchant establishments. Never sign an incomplete charge slip.
- It is imperative that you read the Debit Card Terms and Conditions before using your Debit Card. Please refer to the schedule of service charges for details of applicable charges and fees.
- Please do not leave your physical Debit Card on a television or on any other electronic device which has continuous magnetic field.
- You will have to log in to the digibank app for reissuance of your physical Debit Card, and manual request for reissuance is not available.
15. Replacement of Pin
Following the occurrence of any lost or stolen physical Debit Card, you may request a new physical Debit Card and generate a new PIN on the digibank app. We reserve the right to charge a replacement fee as applicable in case of re-issuance of physical Debit Card from time to time.Please refer to our Rates and Fees page on our website for applicable charges.
16. Use of Visa International Debit Card Outside India
Transactions in foreign currency will be converted to Indian rupees on the date of conversion based on the rates decided by the Bank/Visa. The rate used for conversion may be different from the rate in effect on the date of the transaction due to market fluctuation. All transactions in foreign currency are subject to a charge imposed by the Visa association, either as a reimbursement charge representing the charge imposed on us or as a direct charge to you. An administrative fee as applicable at the time of charging of the foreign currency transaction amount for services provided or actions taken by us in relation to such foreign currency transactions will be payable by you and debited to your digiSavings.
16.1 Tax Collected at Source (TCS)
As per the amendment under section 206C of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (Act) effective from Oct 1, 2020, an authorized dealer who receives an amount, for remittance under the Liberalized Remittance Scheme (LRS) shall be liable to collect income-tax at source (‘TCS’) on such remittances under LRS.
TCS is applicable on all LRS transactions including international debit card transactions.
Please ensure the account is sufficiently funded to cover the remittance amount, TCS amount, remittance charges, correspondent bank charges and other taxes/charges as applicable. In case of insufficient balances, transactions will not be processed.
TCS will not be reversed once debited. Remitter can approach for refund from tax authority through ITR or consult with tax advisor for refund/adjustment.
17. Hold on Debit Card Account
We may set aside or place a hold on your digiSavings in respect of any transaction on the day such transaction is presented to us for payment or on the day we receive notice of such transaction. Such an amount set aside or held is only an estimated sum of the actual transaction and may not be identical to the actual transaction. Should we set aside or hold any amount, the available balance in your digiSavings will be reduced by such amounts that we set aside. You may not stop payment on such transactions nor use any sum set aside or held by us. Where applicable, we may set aside or hold such sums for up to 10 days after which we will debit your digiSavings for the full amount of the actual transaction.
18. Regulations of RBI
Debit Card is not valid for foreign currency transactions in Nepal and Bhutan (i.e. in any currency that is not the local currency or the Indian Rupee).
We will be under no liability whatsoever and will be deemed to be indemnified in respect of a loss or damage arising directly or indirectly out of the decline of a charge caused by you having exceeded the foreign exchange entitlements as prescribed by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) as issued from time to time, on us becoming aware of your exceeding the entitlements.
The multi-lingual Visa Emergency Assistance Services Programme offers worldwide emergency referral assistance to Visa Card Members when travelling overseas. These include a wide range of legal, medical and other services. The communications and arrangements of services of the emergency assistance programme are provided by a third-party service provider and are paid for by Visa International and you are responsible for the cost of any/all medical, legal or other services used. Assistance is provided on best effort and may not be available due to problems of time, distance or locations. The medical and/or legal professionals suggested and/or designated by Visa International are not employees of Visa International and therefore, they are not responsible for the availability, use, acts, omissions or results of any medical, legal or transportation services. The Bank does not accept any responsibility for the arrangement or the use of such services.
19. Duty to Prevent Loss/Theft/Fraud
Your Debit Card remains our property at all times and the Visa International Debit Card must be destroyed by you on our request or on cancellation or termination of the Debit Card and/or Account. You must keep your Debit Card securely and ensure that your Account number and PIN are not disclosed to any other person. The Debit Card is to be used solely by you and must not be transferred or pledged as security in any way.
20. Recovery of Lost/Stolen physical Debit Card
If you recover the lost or stolen physical Debit Card, you must immediately return the said physical Debit Card to us cut in half through the magnetic strip without using it.
21. Replacement of physical Debit Card
Following the occurrence of any event mentioned above, we may at our discretion make available the ‘Request a new physical Debit Card' option available in the digibank app.
22. Operating your Account
Applicable to all Account/s, Visa International Debit Card and Virtual Debit Card.
22.1 Liability for Transactions
The monthly Electronic Statement is generated after the end of every month and is available within the digibank app. The statement lists all transactions undertaken by you on the Account in the previous month.
22.2 Earmarking Of Account Balances
Even if we have agreed otherwise in any other agreement relating to the Account either with you alone or with any other person(s); we will be entitled to retain the balance on any/all your Account/s for up to seven (7) days after the date when your Account is closed or terminated (whether by you or by us). Our rights under this Agreement will not cease after the termination of the Account/s; and we have the right to continue debiting your Account/s with overdraft charges (if any) and/or Debit Card transactions effected before or after the closure or termination of the Account. Your liability (and the liability of all other persons, if any, in whose name the Account is maintained) to us under this Agreement for any balance due to us will continue.
23. Charges and Fees
23.1 Cash Withdrawal/Balance Inquiry Fee
Please refer to the "Rates and Fees" page as available on www.dbs.com/digibank/in/rates-and-fees.html for details of existing charges, as may be applicable.
We may debit your digiSavings with a fee for each cash withdrawal transaction/balance inquiry, if applicable at the time of posting the cash withdrawal. We may choose to waive such fees or change it with prior notice to you.
23.2 Annual Charges
The annual fees, if any, for the Debit Card will be debited from Account linked to the Debit Card on application/renewal at the Bank's prevailing rate. These fees are non-refundable.
23.3 Reissue Charges
The Bank reserves the right at any time to charge you for the issue or reissue of a physical Debit Card.
23.4 Statutory/Regulatory Charges or Fees
Any government charges, duty or debits, or tax payable as a result of the use of the Debit Card will be your responsibility and if imposed upon the Bank (either directly or indirectly) or in respect of any amount required to be paid under this Agreement, the Bank will debit such charges, duty or tax from the Account.
23.5 Other Charges
In addition to the above, we may also debit your Account and/or any Account you maintain with us where applicable for the following charges including but not limited to:
- Administrative fees for production of documents, for any replacement of physical Debit Card or documents relating to your Debit Card.
- Cancellation fees for "no show reservations", a charge for cancelling or failing to fulfil an airline or hotel reservation secured through your Visa International Debit Card.
- Service charge/administration fees for any action taken by us in carrying out any of your instructions and/or requests relating to your digiSavings, whether such service or action is referred to or contemplated in these Terms and Conditions or otherwise.
- Charges, fees, withdrawals and payments for the provision and/or use (authorised or unauthorised) of Electronic Services and any other liabilities to, and loss suffered by, us as a result of the provision and/or use of Electronic Services.
- In addition, operators of shared networks may impose an additional charge for each use of their ATM/POS Terminal/other device, and any such charge along with other applicable fees/charges will be deducted from the Account. There may be separate service charges levied for such facilities as may be announced by the Bank from time to time and deducted from the Account.
- You also authorise the Bank to deduct from your Account, and indemnify the Bank against any expenses it may incur in collecting money owed to it by you in connection with the Debit Card (including without limitation reasonable legal fees). In addition to the minimum balance stipulation the digibank may levy service and other charges for use of the Debit Card, which will be notified to you from time to time.
- In the case of Transactions entered into by you outside India through the Debit Card, the equivalent in the currency in which the Debit Card holder's Account is held, along with processing charges, conversion charges, fees if any charged as per Visa regulations, any other service charges for such transactions will be debited to the Account held with DBS Bank in India.
23.6 Right to Vary Charges
We may at our discretion vary the rate or amount of any charge, fee or overdraft rate payable under this Agreement by prior communication to you. A period will be specified after which you will be deemed to have accepted the change and the revised charges/fees will become applicable. Details of the applicable fees and charges as stipulated by the Bank will be displayed on the Website and/or at the branches. Please refer to the Rates and Fees page on the Website for details on the tariffs applicable.
23.7 Levy and Recovery of Charges
The Bank reserves the right to charge and recover from you, service charges for providing and utilising the Visa International Debit Card. You hereby authorise the Bank to recover the service charges by debiting the Account or any other account/s you may hold. Your failure to do so will result in recovery of the service charges by the Bank in a manner that the Bank may deem fit along with applicable interest, and/or suspension of Visa International Debit Card, without any liability to the Bank.
24. Termination of Use of Debit Card and Account
24.1 Our Right to Terminate
We may suspend or terminate your Debit Card or Account or your usage of Electronic Services at any time with/without having to give any reasons or notice. Upon termination, you will not use or attempt to use the Debit Card. Any such use will be fraudulent. If the use of the Debit Card is terminated by us for any reason, you must disable (in case of the Visa Virtual Debit Card) or return the Visa International Debit Card to us cut in half through the magnetic strip. There will be no refund of any fees payable upon the termination of the Debit Card for any reason.
24.2 Your Right to Terminate
You may terminate your Debit Card or your use of Electronic Services at any time by giving us written notice and returning to us (if applicable) the physical Debit Card cut in half through the magnetic strip or by disabling the virtual Debit Card (in case of Visa Virtual Debit Card). You may also terminate this Agreement by giving us written notice and (if applicable) surrendering/disabling the Debit Card, as the case may be. Upon termination, you will not use or attempt to use the PIN and/or Debit Card. Any such use will be considered fraudulent.
24.3 Obligations Upon Termination
Upon the termination of your Account for whatever reason, you will not continue to use your Debit Card. Your obligations under this Agreement will continue and we will remain entitled to debit the Account you maintain with us for any Transactions that are carried out before or after the termination of your Account. Until such transactions and any overdraft charges that may be imposed in the manner stipulated in Section 25.2 above are paid in full, you (and any other person, if any, in whose name the Account is maintained) will remain liable to us.
24.4 Liability of Debit Card Member
You will be liable for, and will pay, us, on demand, the balance due to us on your Account, including all charges debited to your Account in accordance with this Agreement or any other agreement between you (whether alone or jointly with any other person or persons) and us.
25. Exclusions and Exceptions
25.1 Non-Acceptance of Debit Card
We are not liable in any way:
- should your Debit Card(s) or PIN(s) be rejected by a merchant or any terminal used to process Debit Card transactions or if we refuse for any reason to authorise any Debit Card transaction;
- for any malfunction, defect or error in any terminal used to process Debit Card transactions, or other machines or system of authorisation whether operated by us or other persons;
- for any delay or inability on our part to perform any of our obligations under this Agreement or otherwise if such delay or inability arises from a failure of, or any unauthorised and/or unlawful access to any machine, data processing system, transmission link or arising from any electronic, mechanical system, data processing or telecommunication defect or failure, power and electricity failure, act of God, civil disturbance, war or warlike hostilities, civil commotions, riots, blockades, embargoes, sabotage, strikes, lockouts, fire, flood, shortage of material or labour, delay in deliveries from sub-contractors or any event outside our control or the control of any of our agents or contractors or any fraud or forgery or;
- for any damage to or loss or inability to retrieve any data or information that may be stored in your Debit Card or any microchip or circuit or device in your Debit Card;
- for our compliance with any instruction given or purported to be given by you relating to Electronic Services, notwithstanding that the integrity of the information comprised in such instruction may have been compromised or impaired during transmission, provided that such compromise or impairment will not have been apparent to a reasonable person receiving such instruction;
- if you are deprived of the use of any Electronic Services as a consequence of any action by us and/or any Participant; or
- any Electronic Service not being available due to system maintenance or breakdown/non availability of any network; or
- for any equipment or software providers, any service provider, any network providers (including but not limited to telecommunications providers, Internet browser providers and Internet access providers), any Participant, or any agent or subcontractor of any of the foregoing.
In any event, we are not liable for anything done or omitted to be done except in the case of our gross negligence or wilful default.
25.2 Problems with Goods and Services
We are not liable in any way should you encounter any problems with the goods and services that you obtain through the use of your Debit Card or Electronic Services nor are we responsible for any benefits, discounts or programmes of any merchant that we make available to you. Notwithstanding the non-delivery or non-performance or defects in any such goods and services, we will be entitled to debit your Account you maintain with us for the full amount pursuant to that Debit Card Transaction. You will settle any dispute directly with the provider of the goods and services.
25.3 No Liability for Consequential Loss
Neither we nor any Participant will be responsible in any way for any direct, indirect, special or consequential, economic or other damages arising in any way from the provision and/or use of Electronic Services or your usage of the Debit Card.
25.4 No Liability for Debit Card-Not-Present Transactions
We may, in our discretion and without giving prior notice approve or authorise such Card-Not-Present transactions in which event you will be liable for all Card-Not-Present transactions effected through the use of your Debit Card for any reason. We will not be liable to you in any way for any authorisation done in connection with Card-Not-Present transactions.
25.5 Conclusiveness of Documents and Certificates
Any of our records relating to Debit Card Transactions with your signature or authorised by your PIN are conclusive evidence of their accuracy and authenticity and will be binding on you for all purposes. You will also notify us if you discover any errors or inaccuracies in any digiSavings/s statement. Unless disputed by you within 14 (fourteen) days of the Electronic Statement being made available for download, the same will be deemed to be correct.
25.6 Electronic Services
You may use your Debit Card and/or PIN for effecting authorised transactions, including Visa International Debit Card transactions through the ATM and/or Card Not Present transactions made by using Visa Virtual Debit Card (domestic internet purchase transactions), and/or for utilising other Electronic Services. No other person is allowed to use the Debit Card and/or PIN to make any transactions. We may determine at our sole discretion the facilities that you may utilise using your PIN. Should we decide to, we may also modify any such facilities at our sole discretion.
You will not record the PIN in any form so as to avoid the possibility of the PIN becoming known to a third party. You grant express authority to DBS Bank for carrying out transactions and instructions authenticated by the PIN and will not revoke the same. DBS Bank has no obligation to verify the authenticity of the transaction instruction sent or purported to have been sent from you other than by means of verification of the PIN.
25.7 Use of Debit Card
You undertake not to use the Debit Card for making payment for any illegal purchases i.e. purchases of items/services not permitted by law and RBI as per extant regulations.
You agree to hold us harmless if any other person obtains possession of the PIN. You will safeguard any PIN generated by you and follow every procedural, security and other requirement and notice of ours and/or the relevant Participant regarding their use, or, as the case may be, you will comply with the provisions of this clause regarding any PIN. You will notify us immediately if:
- Any DBS PIN is disclosed to any person.
- Any Debit Card is used by any other person.
- Any other event occurs which will, under the terms of this Agreement, allow us to suspend or cancel the use of Electronic Services. After receipt of any such notice purporting to come from you, we may suspend or cancel your use of Electronic Services at any time.
You will notify us immediately (through the digibank app or any other mode as may be available) if any other event occurs which will, under the terms of this Agreement, allow us to suspend or cancel the use of Electronic Services. After receipt of any such notice purporting to come from you, we may suspend or cancel your use of Electronic Services at any time.
26.1 Changes to the Terms and Conditions
We may change the contents of this Agreement and/or create new Terms and Conditions at any time by notifying you of the changes. The changes will take effect on the date specified in the notice. Should you continue to keep or use the Debit Card and/or the Electronic Services after the specified date, you will be deemed to have accepted the changes without reservation. If you do not accept the changes, you must stop using the Debit Card and/or Electronic Services and terminate this Agreement.
26.2 Publication of Changes
We may notify you of any changes to these Terms and Conditions by publishing such changes on our Website or by displaying them at our branches. We may however choose to inform you by other means of communication.
27. Disclosure of Information
27.1 Parties to Whom Disclosure May Be Made
You authorise us to disclose any particulars of your Account/s and/or your use of the Debit Card to:
- any person or organisation participating in the provision of electronic or, without limitation, other services in connection with banking services or usage or loyalty benefits made available or utilised by you, whether in India or outside India for the purpose of the operation of the said services, including but not limited to investigating discrepancies, errors or claims;
- banks, credit or charge card companies or merchants in credit or charge card enquiries; outsourced agents appointed by us for the purpose of making printing, mailing, storing microfilming and/or filing personalised cheques, statements of digiSavings, Debit Card, labels, mailers or any other documents or items on which your name and/or other particulars appear, or any data or records or any documents whatsoever
- any information garnering or processing organisation or department or consultant conducting survey(s) or analyses or developing system applications on our behalf;
- any person or organisation for the purpose of marketing or promoting any services or products whether our own or tied up by us;
- Visa International, MasterCard International or American Express International;
- any of our related corporations for risk management purposes, for monitoring credit exposures across the DBS Group to you and for cross-selling purposes. "DBS Group" means any of our subsidiaries, our holding company and any subsidiaries of our holding company;
- any government agency or authority or courts of the jurisdiction where any of our overseas branches are situated; or
- any person or organisation for the purpose of collecting or recovering on our behalf, or securing for your benefit or repaying on your behalf, any sums of money owed to us by you;
- any Participant or third party which has a legitimate business purpose for obtaining such information, including offering your products or services in connection with or to facilitate the use of Electronic Services; to any person using the Electronic Services purporting to be you; where such disclosure is necessary to complete any Transaction.
You acknowledge that:
- to ensure your interest, we may record on camera or on videotape, at our own discretion the access to and the presence of any person while availing the use of the Debit Card. All records maintained by us, in electronic or documentary form of the instructions from you and such other details (including but not limited to payments made or received), and all camera/video recordings made as mentioned above will as against you, be deemed to be conclusive evidence of such instructions and such other details.
27.3 No Liability for Disclosure Permitted Under Terms and Conditions
Neither we nor any of our officials will be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you or as a result of any disclosure of any Information which you have consented to us and/or any of our officials disclosing.
27.4 Provision of Information
You will provide us with any information or documentation that we may reasonably request relating to your use of Debit Card or the Electronic Services and will cooperate with us in any related investigation or litigation. If the information is not provided or if information provided is incorrect, we may at our discretion refuse renewal or reissuance of Debit Card or cancel the Debit Card forthwith.
27.5 Consent Clause
You hereby expressly authorise the Bank to disclose at any time and for any purpose any information whatsoever relating to my/our particulars, Account, deposit, transactions, or dealings with the Bank, to any court of competent jurisdiction, quasi judiciary authority, law enforcement agency, relevant wing of state government, RBI, Income tax authorities, statutory authorities, financial institutions, credit bureaus/agents/vendors or any company which is an affiliate or associate or subsidiary or a group company of the Bank.
28. Communication and Service of Documents
We may send Debit Card related notices, Account statements or any other communication to you by in-app messages, facsimile transmission, short message system (SMS), electronic mail, ordinary prepaid post or personal delivery to your registered current address in our records. Communication and notices sent by in-app messages/facsimile/SMS/email will be considered to have been sent and received by you on the same day irrespective of carrier delays. Communication and notices sent by pre-paid mail will be considered to have been delivered on the day immediately after the date of posting if sent by post in India, and considered delivered five (5) days after the date of posting if sent outside of India. As of now, communication will be available within the digibank app to which Debit Card is linked.
28.2 Service of Documents
We may serve you with a writ of summons, statement of claim or any other legal process or document requiring personal service by delivering it personally, sending it by ordinary post or by leaving it at your last known address (whether a post office address or private residence or business residence or otherwise). You will be considered to have been properly served on the date of delivery if we deliver the documents personally to you, or served on the next day after the date of posting if the documents are posted to you. In addition to these two (2) methods of service, we may serve you in any other method permitted by law.
29.1 Recovery of Costs
Any costs, fees or expenses (including legal costs) that are incurred by us as a result of your breach of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement or arising out of our enforcement of any of our rights will be recoverable by us from you on a full indemnity basis.
29.2 Transactions Involving Foreign Currency
If the currency of any card transaction is different from that in which your digiSavings is maintained, we will be entitled to convert such transactions into the currency of your Account or any other currency at such rate(s) of exchange as we may determine; and debit your digiSavings with the amount of the Debit Card transaction. We may debit, as applicable, all sums payable to us under these Terms and Conditions to your Account and for this purpose convert credits and charges incurred into the currency of your Account at such rate(s) of exchange as we may determine.
29.3 Instructions from You
All requests or instructions from you must be made through the digibank app. In case that is not possible, it may be submitted in writing to your nearest DBS Bank branch. We may choose to accept any instruction from you made through electronic mail, and in the case of the telephone, such instruction that we believe is given by you even if you had not actually given such instructions.
You will indemnify us against any liability, loss, damage, including solicitor and client costs and expenses (legal or otherwise) which we may sustain or incur, directly or indirectly, by reason of our having made available the Debit Card or the Electronic Services or having entered into this Agreement with you or enforcement of our rights under this Agreement or in acting upon any instructions which you may give in relation to the Debit Card or the Electronic Services or any negligence, fraud and/or misconduct on your part or on the part of any agents or representatives of yours or your breach of this Agreement, fraudulent/unauthorised/duplicate/erroneous use/misuse of the Debit Card and/or PIN.
29.5 Terms and Conditions
In addition to this Agreement, the use of the Debit Card and/or Electronic Services is also subject to our prevailing Terms and Conditions governing Accounts. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between this Agreement and the Terms and Conditions governing Accounts, it will be at the discretion of the Bank to decide whether terms of either Agreement will prevail.
If any term of this Agreement is unlawful or unenforceable under any applicable law, it will, to the extent permitted by such law, be severed from this Agreement and rendered ineffective where possible without modifying the other terms of this Agreement.
29.7 No Waiver
No failure to exercise, nor any delay in exercising, on our part any right or remedy under this Agreement will operate as a waiver thereof, nor will any single or partial exercise of any right or remedy prevent any further or other exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right or remedy. Our rights and remedies in this Agreement are cumulative and not exclusive of any other rights or remedies provided by law.
29.8 Terms And Conditions Governing Electronic Transactions/Debit Card
At your request, we may issue you a physical Debit Card which may, at your risk, be sent to you by any means. As of now, the PIN can be generated within the digibank app.
Following the occurrence of any event referred above, we may at our discretion issue a replacement PIN and/or physical Debit Card on the prevailing Terms and Conditions for Electronic Services and charge a replacement fee. At this time, the PIN can be generated from within the digibank app.
29.9 Use of Electronic Services
We and/or the Participants may at any time without notice to you
- determine and vary the frequency and manner of use of Electronic Services, transaction limits, operating hours, types of facilities and services available through Electronic Services or
- add or delete any Participant. You will be responsible for all transactions made by the use or purported use of the Electronic Services by any person, with or without your authority, knowledge or consent, and may not claim against us in respect of any such use or purported use.
We and/or the Participants may at any time, without notice to you and without assigning any reason therefore, and without liability for any inconvenience, loss, damage or injury suffered by you or any third party:
- limit, suspend or terminate any or all of the Electronic Services; or
- disallow any Transaction or allow a Transaction subject to such conditions as we see fit; or
- revoke or suspend your, or any User's, right and authority to use Electronic Services; or
- retain or reject any Debit Card and/or PIN.
Any claims against or disputes with a Participant are to be settled between you and the Participant. You will not claim against us in this respect.
In case of Visa Virtual International Debit Card/digiSavings, Cash and proceeds of cheques (including house cheques) deposited through the Electronic Services cannot be withdrawn until collected and verified by us. Our determination of the amount deposited will be conclusive against and binding on you.
29.10 Payments, Charges, Fees, Costs, and Taxes
You will pay such charges and fees for the provision of Electronic Services as we may prescribe from time to time, whether or not you in fact make use of such Electronic Services. We are authorised to debit your Account for all charges, fees, withdrawals and payments for the provision and/or use (authorised or unauthorised) of Electronic Services and any other liabilities to, and loss suffered by, us as a result of the provision and/or use of Electronic Services. If the Account has insufficient available funds to meet any request for payment of monies or to satisfy any liability, we may (but are not bound to) grant you credit to meet such payment or liability. You undertake to pay interest and charges at such rates or amounts as determined by us. Where a Transaction, or the debiting or crediting of any Account in connection with a Transaction, requires the conversion of one currency into another, we are authorised to effect such conversions at the rate determined by us and/or Participants. If GST is charged on any payment, you will pay such GST in addition to all sums payable and indemnify us against any payment we are required by law to collect and make in respect of such GST. We may debit the Account for such GST, including default interest payable in the same manner as may be provided in this Agreement or in any related agreement for credit facilities, and/or any other charges, as we may prescribe from time to time, even if such debiting results in the Account becoming overdrawn.
We will not be liable for any loss suffered by you or any third party arising from and in connection with the use of the Electronic Services except where such loss is attributable to our negligence or wilful default. Neither we nor the Participants will be liable for any inconvenience, loss, damage or injury suffered by you or any third party arising from or caused by:
- Our compliance with any instruction given or purported to be given by you or a User relating to Electronic Services, notwithstanding that the integrity of the information comprised in such instruction may have been compromised or impaired during transmission, provided that such compromise or impairment will not have been apparent to a reasonable person receiving such instruction.
- Your being deprived of the use of any Electronic Service as a consequence of any action by us and/or the Participants; or
- Any Electronic Service not being available due to system maintenance or breakdown/no availability of any network; or
- Any failure by us and/or any Participant to perform any obligation or observe any term of this Agreement if such failure arises from a failure of, or any unauthorised and/or unlawful access to, any machine, data processing system or transmission link or any act of force majeure such as acts of God, war or warlike hostilities, civil commotions, riots, blockades, embargoes, sabotage, strikes, lock-outs, fire, flood, shortage of material or labour, delay in deliveries from sub-contractors, or any event outside our control; or
- Any equipment or software providers, any service provider, any network providers (including but not limited to telecommunications providers, Internet browser providers and Internet access providers), any Participant, or any agent or subcontractor of any of the foregoing.
- Non-availability of ATM services in a country other than in which the Debit Card was issued. This will be governed by local regulations in force in the said country.
- Any downloading of data from any Electronic Service is done solely at your risk, and we will not be liable for the integrity or use of any data downloaded in any way.
- Neither we nor any Participant will be responsible in any way for any direct, indirect, special or consequential, economic or other damages arising in any way from the provision and/or use of Electronic Services.
29.12 Records of Transactions
The records of transactions of us and Participants will be conclusive against and binding on you except in the case of computation and/or manifest error.
29.13 Reversal of Entries
If any payment has been made by us as a result of your use or purported use of Electronic Services:
- And the Account was consequently debited, but the debit was reversed in error or the Account was not debited at all; or
- After any payment instruction was given on the Account but before such payment instruction has been honoured,
Then we will be entitled to correct the Account by debiting the Account with the amount paid by us.
29.14 Instructions from You
All requests or instructions can be placed within the digibank app. We may choose to accept any instruction from you made through electronic mail, and in the case of the telephone, such instruction that we believe is given by you even if you had not actually given such instructions. Any non-written instructions will be given to us at your risk and we will not be responsible for any loss or damage that you may suffer.
29.15 Provisions of these Terms and Conditions to Prevail
The provisions of these Terms and Conditions will supplement and not replace the provisions of any agreement you may have with us with respect to any Account(s) or the Electronic Services, any other agreement(s) between us and you or any of our rights arising under any such agreement(s). Should the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and the provisions of any such other agreement on the subject covered under these Terms and Conditions conflict, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
29.16 Additional Benefits, Services or Programmes
We may provide at our sole discretion, additional services, benefits or programmes in connection with the use of your Debit Card. Such additional services where provided, do not form part of our legal relationship with you and we may withdraw or change these services at any time without notice to you. These additional services benefit or programmes may be subject to their own Terms and Conditions.
29.17 Visa Lounge Access Program
Customers who are holding valid and unexpired Visa Signature Debit card are eligible for visa lounge access program.
The terms and conditions applicable on visa lounge access program are available on https://www.visa.co.in/en_in/visa-offers-and-perks/visa-airport-lounge-access-program/114566
29.18 Delay or Failure to Exercise Rights
Any delay or failure by us to exercise our rights and/or remedies under this Agreement does not represent a waiver of any of our rights. We will be considered to have waived our rights only if we specifically notify you of such a waiver in writing.
29.19 Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions are subject to Indian law and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Mumbai in India.