At a Glance
As a property owner in India, you are mandated to an annual tax on your property. The tax applies to all kinds of properties, including residential and commercial properties, office buildings, rented properties, etc. The municipality in your locality collects this tax. Instead of queuing up at tax collection centres, you can make online property tax payments via digibank by DBS' online banking platforms.
What is Property Tax?
A Property Tax is a tax that an individual or a corporation pays to the municipality or other government bodies for owning land in the area where the municipal body is located. The respective municipalities levy property tax for offering amenities in your residence area, such as cleaning of nearby roads, garbage collection, sewage maintenance, electricity checks, sanitation, waste management, to name a few. As a landowner, you must pay the property tax bi-annually or annually as applicable.
Online Property Tax Payment using digibank by DBS App
Follow these simple steps to complete the property tax payment process using your digibank by DBS mobile app:
- Log into your digibank by DBS mobile application by entering your username and password.
- Select the 'Pay Bills' option on the homepage.
- Tap on the 'Pay A New Bill' menu to see the various utility bill providers.
- Select the 'Tax' option from the menu.
- Scroll down to select your state-wise municipality board or type in your municipality board name and select it.
- Enter your 'Property Account Number' and choose the appropriate property type from the menu. You can also add an optional biller name for future reference.
- Your digibank Savings Account and chosen property tax will get auto-selected on the next page. At this point, you can also set up your state/city's municipality as a biller and set up standing instructions for future payments.
- Next, you need to click on the 'pay bills' tab and confirm your online property tax payment details. The app authenticates and completes the payment. You can now add your municipality to your list of billers.
By listing your municipality as a biller, you will not need to repeat the above steps to pay your property taxes in future. You can also ensure you never miss a payment by setting up standing instructions on the digibank app.
Make online property tax payments in minutes.
Do More, Live More with the Unbank
Open Instant digibank Savings Account in just a few minutes.
Fill your details and complete KYC.
Activate your digibank savings account
Frequently Asked Questions
Presently, digibank allows you to set up billers only on the digibank mobile banking app. However, once you set up the biller, you can make payments via both modes.
Yes, you can pay your property taxes even after the due date. While digibank does not charge any penalties for online property tax payments past the due date, you may have to pay penalties levied by your municipality.
My property tax online payment shows a payment error, but my money got debited from my account. How do I get a refund?
If funds are debited from your account due to an error, you do not have to worry. Typically, the beneficiary bank of the property tax collector reverses the amount into your source account, i.e., your digibank by DBS Savings Account, within 5 working days. You can consult your designated relationship manager for any assistance concerning incomplete or failed transactions.