Forgot ATM PIN
A handy guide on the ATM PIN change process.
- If you forget your ATM PIN, you can reset it easily.
- Visit your bank’s ATM, and follow the instructions displayed on the ATM screen to change the PIN.
- You can also conduct ATM PIN change through your internet banking account.
- You will need your mobile number registered with the bank while changing your PIN.
- Enter the One-time Password sent on your Registered Mobile Number to complete the PIN changing process.
With cashless payments becoming the norm, withdrawing cash from Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) has become a rare event. But there are times when you cannot escape cash payments at all. With such moments being few and far between, you may forget your ATM PIN. When the system prompts you to enter your PIN at the ATM vestibule, you wonder I forgot my ATM PIN number’ – what can I do? Well, do not fret; there are simple ways to reset your PIN. Keep reading to know more.
Reset the PIN at the ATM
If you forgot ATM PIN while trying to withdraw cash at an ATM, you are in luck. You can conveniently reset your ATM PIN. It is best to choose your own bank ATM to reset the ATM pin. Here are the steps:
- Insert the ATM card in the ATM slot in the machine. Once the machine reads your card, The ATM screen will display several options. Select the ‘Forgot PIN’ option, ‘Reset PIN’ option or any other relevant option. The verbiage may differ from bank to bank.
- The machine will ask you to select your bank account type (savings account or current account) and enter your Registered Mobile Number (RMN) using the keypad.
- The bank then sends a One-time Password (OTP) on your RMN, which you must enter on the screen.
- Once you enter the OTP, the system prompts you to set a new 4-digit PIN, after which your PIN will be changed.
- Upon successful ATM PIN change, you will receive a notification from the bank.
Open Savings Account
in 3 easy steps
Aadhar Card + PAN Card + Video KYC
= Account opened!
Reset the PIN via Online Banking
While you can complete most online transactions with OTPs today, occasionally, you may have to provide your ATM PIN too. If you forgot the ATM PIN, you could easily reset it online via internet or mobile banking.
- Log in to the internet banking or mobile banking portals and go to the cards section.
- Select ‘Change PIN’ or ‘Reset PIN’ or ‘Instant PIN Generation’ any other relevant option to reset the PIN.
- Enter and reconfirm the 4-digit PIN of your choice and click on ‘submit’.
- Now enter the OTP sent on your RMN and enter it on the online portal to complete the process.
Traditional Ways Of Resetting ATM PIN
- At the Bank: Fill up a ‘PIN Reset’ form by visiting the bank branch.
- Via Customer Care: Call the customer care helpline and follow the IVR instructions to change the PIN.
- Via SMS: Send an SMS to a special bank-specified number for an ATM PIN change request.
As is apparent, if you forgot the ATM PIN, you can conveniently reset it. You must ensure that you register your mobile number at the time of account opening. To authenticate the ATM PIN reset process, banks send a One-time Password to the RMN to allow instant, hassle-free ATM PIN reset processes.
Happy shopping with the digibank by DBS debit card! Download the app to open your digital Savings account instantly.
*Disclaimer: This article is for information purposes only. We recommend you get in touch with your income tax advisor or CA for expert advice.