How to Unblock Debit Card
Learn different ways to unblock Debit Card to restore usage
- If your Debit Card is lost or stolen, immediately report it to your bank.
- Block your card online through Net Banking or call the customer care helpline of the bank.
- You can unblock your card by placing a request with your bank.
- If your card is hot listed, request your bank to issue you a new card.
- The bank may levy a charge to issue a new Debit Card.
Consider this – You decide to go to the mall for your festive season shopping. After a good day of retail therapy, you get back home only to realise that your Debit Card is not in your wallet. You then recollect that you may have probably left behind your Debit Card at the billing counter of the food court. After many frantic calls to the mall, you get to know that there is no way you will get your card back.
Scary thought? But do not fret. There are ways to block your card remotely in a few minutes temporarily. Learn about how to unblock Debit Card after blocking it.
How to Block Debit Card
- You can immediately call the customer care helpline of your bank from your registered mobile number or place a request through Net Banking to remotely block your ATM-cum-Debit Card.
- You can also block the card via SMS or by visiting the bank branch.
- After following the necessary steps, you will receive a ticket number after the successful blocking of your card. Make a note of this number for future reference.
How to Unblock Debit Card
Similar to the above case, your Debit Card could get blocked due to various other reasons. Nevertheless, there are ways to unblock the card and restore its normal functioning. Depending upon why your card was blocked, you can look at ways to unblock it to carry out merchant payments or cash withdrawals at ATM kiosks. Here are some ways:
When you enter the wrong PIN thrice, the bank blocks your Debit Card for 24 hours to avoid misuse. After 24 hours, it will unlock on its own.
Apply to The Bank to Unblock Your Card
If you have blocked the card due to suspicious activity or due to your negligence and now would like to unblock it, you will have to place a request at the nearest bank branch. You may have to provide your identity proof along with your account number so that the bank can unblock the card.
New card Issued by the bank
Your card usually comes with a validity of 3-5 years. If the card has been blocked due to its expiry, the bank will issue a fresh one with a new card number and PIN.
How to Remove Hot listing of Debit Card
A hotlist refers to a list of cards that have been reported stolen, cancelled, or compromised. This means you cannot use the card for any further transactions. Once your card is hot listed, you will have to request your bank to issue you a new card.
A lost, or stolen Debit Card could be used for fraudulent transactions. If you notice any unauthorised transaction on the card linked to your bank account, you should immediately alert the bank and follow the how to block Debit Card process mentioned above.
Happy shopping with the digibank by DBS Debit Card! Download the app to open your digiSavings account instantly and get your Debit Card!
*Disclaimer: This article is for information purposes only. We recommend you get in touch with your income tax advisor or CA for expert advice.