Terms and Conditions for Branch Banking Customers
Terms and Conditions for use of the services over the “digibank by DBS app” by Branch Banking Customers.
These Terms & Conditions(T&Cs) govern and apply to the use of “digibank by DBS app” (hereinafter referred to as “digibank app”) as mentioned herein.
In these T&C "you" and "your" mean the Customer and authorized users of the collectively. "We", "our","us", digibank, DBS, DBS Bank refers to DBS Bank India Limited. (“the Bank”) and its successors, assigns and/or any Affiliate. You hereby confirm that the digibank services shall be used only by you or your authorised representative only.
These terms and conditions are applicable to the existing customers of the Bank, who are eligible to download the mobile banking application for use of mobile banking services through digibank app provided by us. This Service is currently available on iPhone with IOS version 5 and above, Android Phones with version 2.3 and above. There will be no obligation on the Bank to support all the versions of the Mobile Phone software.
You are requested to read these terms and conditions carefully before using digibank app. By accepting these terms and conditions you shall be deemed to have consented to the use of digibank app and will also be deemed to have accepted and will be bound by these terms and conditions as amended from time to time as displayed on Bank's website.
You agree that your use of digibank app is subject to these digibank app T&C. These digibank app T&C shall be read in addition to Terms and Conditions applicable to your Account(s):
- Branch Banking Terms and Conditions available at https://www.dbs.com/in/treasures/terms-and-conditions.page
- mbanking Terms and Conditions available at https://www.dbs.com/in/iwov-resources/pdf/deposits/terms-and-conditions-mBanking_011214.pdf
In this section the following words and phrases have the meaning set opposite them unless the context indicates otherwise:
Account(s): means and includes Term Deposit and any other saving account held from time to time.
Affiliate: means in relation to any person, any entity controlled, directly or indirectly, by the person, any entity that controls, directly or indirectly, the person or any entity directly or indirectly under common control with the person. For this purpose, "control" of any entity or person means ownership of a majority of the voting power of the entity or person.
Alert/Electronic Advice: means and includes in-app notification and/or SMS/email notification sent to you on your registered mobile number/digibank app/your registered email address.
Billing Organisations: means any Third Party billing organisation/s registered with digibank app/our partner organisations to which payments can be made using your Account.
Branch: means the branch of the Bank which is linked to the Account(s).
“Branch Banking Customers” means and includes customers who have opened their Account(s) after submitting physical application forms to the Bank.
Cellular Service Provider hereafter referred to as "CSP" refers to the GSM/GPRS/EDGE/WI-FI Service provider (for operation of Mobile Phones/Devices etc).
Channel: means and includes any platform used or which may be used for accessing digibank app Services.
Content: means and includes any information, images, links, sounds, graphics, video, software or other materials, including quotes, news and research data, made available through the digibank app.
Debit Card: means a physical debit card in the case of savings account and includes any replacement or renewed card issued by us to you at your request or otherwise. digibank app: means an application for a Mobile Device that can be downloaded by you from a designated location or application store.
digibank Services: means all banking services, transactions, offers and other value added services as may be made available from time to time, carried out or availed by you through digibank app and/or the Website.
Bill Payment: means a service provided through the digibank app for making payment from your Account to Billing Organisations.
NACH: means National Automated Clearing House funds clearing platform which facilitates interbank high volume, low value debit/credit transactions, which are repetitive in nature, electronically using the NPCI service and ‘NACH debit’ means mandate based debit service.
EDC: means "Electronic Data Capture". EDC machine is used to facilitate debit/credit card payments.
Electronic Instructions: means any communication, instruction, order, message, data, information or other materials received by us through the digibank app using Security Codes.
Electronic Statement/e-Statement: means a consolidated statement of accounts as per Bank's record for each Account available on the digibank app.
Group: means and includes DBS Group Holdings Ltd and its subsidiaries, direct or indirect.
GST: means taxes including any goods and services tax, or other tax that may replace it or be levied in addition to it, by whatever name called.
Mobile Phone/Device: means the handset with requisite accessories, equipment attachments and other software which maybe owned/possessed by you and/ CSP.
mVisa/Bharat QR: means mobile based payment facility enabling customers holding VISA/Bharat QR debit card to make merchant payments in India by scanning the Quick Response (QR) code and mvisa/Bharat QR merchant shall mean merchants accepting payment using mVisa/Bharat QR.
Notification: means an electronic alert sent to you on your registered mobile number/digibank app/your registered email address.
Password: means the unique six (6) digit sequence of alphabets and/or characters used to log in to the digibank app.
Personal Information: refers to the personal information provided by you to the Bank.
Point of Sale Transaction(s): means any payment initiated at a cash register or other payment interface that utilises either the chip or magnetic stripe of a physical Debit Card.
Providers: means and indicates any person or entity with whom DBS has a partnership for rendering digibank Services either directly through the digibank app or through third party sites or applications.
RBI: means the Reserve Bank of India.
Security Codes: means and includes Password, personal or log-on identification numbers, One-Time-Pin (OTP) and other codes and access procedures including short messaging service (SMS) for use in connection with access to and use of digibank Services extended by us from time to time.
Security Devices: means any smartcards, tokens, electronic devices, hardware or any other equipment given by us to you from time to time in order to enable you to access and/or use digibank Services.
Software Token ID or Soft Token ID: means computer generated unique device code which is assigned to the Mobile Phone/Device of each Customer.
Third Party Provider/Third Party: means and indicates any person or entity with whom DBS has a partnership for rendering digibank Services either directly through the digibank app or through third party sites or applications.
Transaction: means any transaction or operation made or performed, processed or effected through digibank Services by you or any person purporting to be you, or any person purportedly acting on your behalf, with or without your consent, including:
- Any payment or fund transfer from the Account; and
- Any administrative function including without limitation the request for issuance of new Security
- Any other banking transaction that may be made available through digibank app from time to time (including making bill payments); and
- Any banking transaction carried out through any Branch.
Transaction History: indicates details of all the Transactions entered into or performed using the digibank app and includes Transactions carried out in any Branch.
UPI Terms: means terms and conditions specified in Section 9 of these Terms and Conditions.
User ID: means an identification through which you can access the digibank app and the products and services offered by digibank.
VISA Tap to Pay: refers to the facility that allows you to execute debit card transactions either by tapping or waving your Card against Visa Tap to Pay readers installed at merchant locations without requiring any signature, PIN or other authentication on your part.
Website: refers to the website owned, established and maintained by the Bank located at https://www.dbs.com/in/personal/default.page
2. Applicability of Terms and Conditions:
The Terms and Conditions contained herein form a contract between You and the Bank. You will be deemed to have unconditionally accepted these Terms and Conditions and accepted the onus of ensuring compliance with the relevant RBI Regulations, Exchange Control regulations of RBI , Foreign Exchange Management Act 1999 as may be amended or replaced from time to time and all the rules and regulations framed there under.
3. Digibank app:
The Bank shall endeavour to provide to the you through digibank app, such Services as the Bank may decide from time to time.
- The Bank reserves the right to decide the type of Services which a category of client may be offered on each account and may differ from category to category. Bank's decision in this regard shall be final and binding. The Bank may also make additions/deletions to the digibank app offered at its sole discretion.
- Only those Customers having savings account(s) opened with the Bank will be permitted to access digibank app at the Banks sole discretion.
- The digibank app also includes:
- Registration with Debit Card and Debit Card PIN to create username and password.
- View all the accounts and product holdings on dashboard and account details.
- Manage Debit Card.
- Opening of Fixed Deposit.
- Customer can raise transaction query within the app by selecting relevant transaction. This is on best effort basis and if customer is not able to raise a request customer should write to digitalbankIN.
4. Statements of Account:
A monthly Electronic Statement will be available on digibank app as per the Bank's record. The Electronic Statement will be available for download on a frequency as determined by the Bank. Unless disputed by you within 14 (fourteen) days of the Electronic Statement being made available for download, the same will be deemed to be correct. Bank reserves the right to rectify discrepancies, if any, at any point in time. If you delay in examining the Electronic Statement or in reporting a discrepancy or problem, it may affect our ability to rectify the discrepancy or resolve the problem, and you will be liable for the losses that may occur. You further confirm/declare that any lapse, omission, or negligence on your part to notify us about any such doubtful debit/withdrawal in time, will not render us liable for any consequences resulting therefrom. You authorise us to engage and utilise the services of Third Parties/Vendors for generation of Electronic Statements and/or other documents/material.
In addition, we reserve the right, without prior notice to you, to add and/or alter the entries in the Electronic Statement and transaction advices, deposit advices and records.
Without prejudice to the foregoing, at our discretion, we may, upon your request, allow you to receive an Electronic Advice in respect of Content provided by us from time to time. An Electronic Advice maybe be delivered by email, through Mobile Devices and/or other electronic means subject to the relevant terms and charges of your or any Third Party's network, telecommunication or Mobile Phone service provider(s).
You agree and acknowledge that an Electronic Advice may be delayed or prevented by factors affecting the service providers and other relevant entities and we do not guarantee the delivery, time lines or accuracy of the Electronic Advice or Content.
You also acknowledge that Electronic Advice may be subject to certain time lags and/or delays.
We reserve the right to vary the features of any Electronic Advice and to suspend or terminate an Electronic Advice service at any time. We will not be liable to you or anyone else for losses, damages or expenses arising from (a) non-delivery, delayed delivery or wrong delivery of an Electronic Advice; (b) inaccurate or inadequate content; or (c) use or reliance by you or any third party on the contents of an Electronic Advice for any purpose, including investment and business purposes. No warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, adequacy, currency or reliability is given in respect of the Content. We further do not warrant the security of any information transmitted to you through Electronic Advice. You acknowledge and accept the risk of the Electronic Advice being accessed by unauthorised third parties.
The data or information relating to Accounts provided by us (statements of account etc.) via digibank app may not be conclusive as to the latest current balance as certain transactions may have been made without the relevant entry being made in time when the data or information was provided. The data or information provided is therefore not binding except where expressly stated. Further, the information provided to you through digibank app is not updated continuously but at regular intervals. Consequently, any information supplied through digibank app will pertain to the last downloaded Electronic Statement. Monthly statements of account for the last 10 years will be available through digibank app; however, this duration is subject to discretion of the Bank.
At our discretion, we may, upon your request, allow you to receive specific and timely prompts (collectively, the "Alerts") in respect of certain Content provided by us from time to time. Each Alert may be notified by email, pop-up screen in your browser and/or Mobile Devices subject to the relevant terms and charges of your network or Mobile Phone service provider(s). You agree and acknowledge that an Alert may be delayed or prevented by factors affecting the service providers and other relevant entities and we do not guarantee the delivery, timeliness or accuracy of the Alert. You also acknowledge that the information in respect of any Alert may be subject to certain time lags and/or delays. We reserve the right to vary the features of any Alert and/or to terminate any request for any Alert at any time.
We will not be liable to you or anyone else for losses, damages or expenses arising from
- Non-delivery, delayed delivery or wrong delivery of an Alert;
- Inaccurate or incomplete content of an Alert; or
- Use or reliance by you on the contents of an Alert for any purpose, including investment and business purposes.
- Funds transfer via IMPS, NEFT, RGTS, and UPI
5. Fund Transfer Through digibank app:
When the fund transfer facility is made available to you, it may be used for transfer of funds from your account to other accounts/prepaid payment instruments belonging to third parties maintained at bank and/or at any other bank or third party in India. In the event such transfer of funds is from account to accounts belonging to third parties maintained at any other bank, which falls under the network of Reserve Bank of India's Electronic Fund Transfer system, then the same will be governed by the Terms and Conditions applicable to National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT)/Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS)/Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) of RBI as provided on the Website. You will be responsible for keying in the correct account number, Mobile Money Identifier (MMID) and Indian Financial System Code ("IFSC") and other details, as required, for the fund transfer request.
In no case will Bank be held liable for any erroneous transactions incurred arising out of or relating to your entering the wrong account number and/or IFSC Code. Bank will endeavour to effect funds transfer transactions received through digibank app subject to availability of sufficient funds in the account. DBS will specify from time to time the limit for carrying out various kinds of funds transfer or any other services through digibank app/Website. This facility will be provided in accordance with the arrangement between Bank, its Affiliates and Providers and as per conditions specified by Bank from time to time.
6. Terms and Conditions Governing National Electronic Funds Transfer ("NEFT")/Real Time Gross Settlement ("RTGS"):
Bank will provide the NEFT Facility, RTGS and Immediate Payment Service ("IMPS") as a part of Bank's electronic payment services in accordance with the guidelines as stipulated by RBI and subject to the Terms and Conditions specified herein:
6.1 Definitions (applicable to this section)
- "Customer" means the applicant/remitter using the NEFT/RTGS service.
- "NEFT Facility" means the Electronic Funds Transfer Facility through RBI NEFT System.
- "RTGS Facility" means the Electronic Funds Transfer Facility through RBI RTGS System. Words or expressions used in this document, but not specifically defined herein will have the respective meanings assigned to them in RBI NEFT Regulations, 2005.
6.2 Scope of the Arrangement
- This arrangement will govern every payment order issued by you.
- You understand and agree that nothing in this arrangement will be construed as creating any contractual or other right against RBI or any participant in the NEFT System/RTGS/IMPS other than the Bank.
6.3 Your Rights and obligations
- You will be entitled, subject to other Terms and Conditions of this arrangement, to issue payment orders for execution by us.
- Payment orders will be issued by you in the form and manner set out, complete in all particulars. You will be responsible for the accuracy of the particulars given in the payment order issued by you and will be liable to compensate us for any loss arising on account of any error in the payment order.
- You will be bound by any payment instruction executed by us if DBS Bank had executed the payment instruction in good faith and in compliance with security procedures, provided that you will not be bound by any payment instruction executed by us, if it is proved that the same was not issued by you and that it was caused either by negligence or a fraudulent act of any employee of DBS Bank.
- You will ensure availability of funds in your account properly applicable to the payment order before the execution of the payment order by Bank. However, if we execute the payment order without properly applicable funds being available in your account, you will be bound to pay us the amount debited to your account for which an NEFT/RTGS/IMPS was executed by Bank pursuant to its payment order, together with the charges including interest payable to Bank.
- You hereby authorise us to debit your account any liability incurred by Bank for execution by us of any payment order issued by you.
- You agree that the payment order will become irrevocable when it is executed by us.
- You agree that you will not be entitled to make any claim against any party in RBI NEFT System/RTGS/IMPS except Bank.
- You agree that no special circumstances will be attached to any payment order executed under the NEFT Facility/RTGS Facility.
7. Terms and Conditions applicable to UPI Facility
This Section (“UPI Terms”) applies to and regulates the provision of UPI fund transfer and fund collection facility provided by DBS Bank India Limited. DBS shall provide to the Customer, UPI facility in accordance with the UPI rules, regulations, circulars and/or guidelines issued by the National Payments Corporation of India, RBI, DBS’ policies specified from time to time (collectively referred to as “Guidelines”). UPI Facility shall be subject to the Terms and Conditions herein specified.
By applying for, accessing and/or availing the UPI Facility, you hereby accept these UPI Terms, which shall govern the provision of the UPI Facility by Bank. These UPI Terms shall be in addition to and not in derogation of the Terms and Conditions applicable to your Account/s.
You hereby understand and agree that nothing in these UPI Terms shall be construed as creating any contractual or other rights against NPCI or any participant in the UPI System other than DBS.
7.1 Definitions and Interpretations
For the purposes of this Section, unless otherwise set out, the following terms will have the meaning as set out hereunder.
“Merchant/s” shall mean and include persons/entities/body of individuals who provide goods and services against payment through UPI.
“NPCI” means National Payments Corporation of India.
“Payment Order” means an unconditional instruction issued by the Customer electronically to DBS (either through DBS’ internet banking facility or short message service (SMS) or unstructured supplementary service data (USSD) or interactive voice recording (IVR) services provided by DBS or digibank app or DBS ATMs or through such other means, as may be made available by DBS from time to time) to effect a fund transfer for a certain sum of money expressed in Indian rupees, to the beneficiary account of a beneficiary by debiting Customer’s UPI Linked Account/s.
“PSP or Payment Service Provider” refers to banks which are allowed to acquire customers and provide payment (credit/debit) services to Customers.
“UPI Linked Account(s)” refers to the account bank account and includes resident savings/current bank account held with any bank in India participating in the UPI System, to be used for operations through the UPI Facility.
“UPI Unified Payment Interface” service provided by NPCI to transfer and collect funds electronically through UPI System.
“UPI Facility” means the Unified Payments Interface service based electronic fund transfer and fund collection facility extended by DBS to its Customer/s through the UPI System as per the Guidelines.
“UPI System” means UPI services offered by NPCI, in collaboration with its member banks, through NPCI owned and managed software and systems.
Words or expressions used in this form, but not specifically defined herein shall have the respective meanings assigned to them by NPCI as per the Guidelines.
7.2 UPI Facility
- You understand that UPI Facility provides anytime electronic fund transfer or fund collection service to the customers of UPI member banks who extend UPI Facility to its customer. You have the option to send funds, receive funds or respond to funds collection from digibank app in a secure manner including for any of your UPI Linked Account/s. You can even add funds to your account. You understand that the UPI facility is not available for non-resident accounts.
- As a PSP, DBS will provide UPI Facility in the existing digibank app which will use the NPCI’s UPI libraries to facilitate payment services.
- In case you are desirous of availing the UPI Facility, you shall by way of a registration on digibank app, in such form, manner and substance as DBS may require, apply for UPI Facility. DBS shall be entitled, at its sole discretion, to accept or reject such application/s. On digibank app, you will be required to set a Virtual Payment Address (“VPA”) with your account with DBS for the purpose of availing UPI Facility and before commencing first transaction. You can link other UPI enabled bank account/s through a one-time registration process prescribed by NPCI before transacting from the other UPI Linked Account/s.
- You hereby agree that in the event there are insufficient funds in your UPI Linked Account, DBS may decline Payment Order/s. You hereby authorize DBS to debit the DBS account or UPI Linked Account with DBS for any liability incurred by DBS on your behalf for execution of the instruction/Payment Order issued by you or your authorised representative. You hereby understand and agree that once a fund collection request is approved, the funds will be credited in the respective UPI Linked Account from which the fund collection request was initiated. You hereby understand and agree that such amounts once credited to the UPI Linked Account cannot be reversed by you or your authorised representative.
- You hereby acknowledge the risks involved in the electronic instruction and processing of transactions. DBS, its affiliates and shall not be liable for any unauthorized persons accessing the records or UPI Linked Account(s) or information through the use of UPI Facility. You hereby agree to not hold DBS liable for unavailability of UPI Facility due to any downtime.
- You hereby agree that the UPI Facility is being extended by DBS in accordance with the RBI guidelines on mobile banking and the same are subject to change.
- You will have an option to delete VPA in digibank app. The VPA once deleted cannot be re-issued to any person for next two (2) years or such other period as may be prescribed under the Guidelines. Any funds received at the deleted VPA will be rejected.
- DBS may refuse to comply with the instructions without assigning any reason and shall not be under any duty to assess the prudence of any instruction. All instructions, requests, directives, orders, directions, entered by you or your authorised representative are based upon your decisions and are the sole responsibility of yourself or your authorised representative
- You hereby agree not to make any claim against RBI and/or NPCI in respect of the UPI Facility.
- All the records of DBS generated by the transactions arising out of the use of the UPI Facility, including the time the transaction is recorded shall be conclusive proof of the genuineness and accuracy of the transaction.
7.3 Rights and Obligations of the Customer
- As the Customer of the Bank you can link UPI enabled bank account in digibank app. Every such UPI enabled bank account shall have distinct VPA.
- You can issue Payment Orders from any UPI Linked Account/s, for execution by DBS. The Payment Order shall be issued by you or your authorised representative, in the form as prescribed by DBS, which is complete in all particulars. You shall provide correct beneficiary details to DBS at the time of availing the UPI Facility.
- You shall be bound by Payment Orders executed by DBS in good faith and in compliance with your instructions.
- You shall be solely responsible for accuracy and authenticity of the instructions given and/or entries made in digibank app while using UPI Facility. You shall ensure that all the instructions/Payment Orders are in the form and manner specified by DBS. Any liability arising out of incorrect entry/ies shall rest solely with yourself. You shall be liable to and agree to indemnify DBS for losses arising due to error in the Payment Order.
- As our Customer you hereby authorize DBS to act as a PSP and debit UPI Linked Account(s) with DBS as per Payment Orders/Your instructions.
- You shall ensure availability of funds in your UPI Linked Account(s) towards the fulfilment of the Payment Order before or at the time of the issuing Payment Order. You shall not give any debit instructions in excess of funds available in the relevant UPI Linked Account. If DBS at its own discretion processes the transaction instruction, in spite of insufficient funds in the UPI Linked Account/s with DBS, then you shall be liable to immediately pay to DBS the amount paid by DBS to process the Payment Order/s.
- You hereby agree that the Payment Order shall become irrevocable when it is issued.
- You have the right to delete your VPA from digibank app at any time. You hereby agree that once the VPA is deleted, you cannot perform any transaction linked to the relevant VPA.
- You hereby agree to pay such fees and charges as may be specified by DBS from time to time for availing UPI Facility.
- Illegal or improper use of the UPI Facility shall render you liable for payment of financial charges as may be specified by DBS including suspension of UPI Facility by DBS.
7.4 Rights and obligations of DBS
- DBS shall execute a Payment Order issued and duly authorised by you or your authorised representative unless: (a) the funds available in the UPI Linked Account(s) of yours are not adequate or funds are not properly applicable/available to comply with the Payment Order (b) the Payment Order is incomplete/ambiguous or it is not issued in the agreed form, (d) DBS has reason to believe that the Payment Order is issued to carry out an unlawful transaction (e) the Payment Order cannot be executed under the UPI System or (f) certain documents/information requested from you are pending to be received.
- No Payment Order issued by you shall be binding on DBS until DBS has accepted it.
- DBS shall, for execution of every Payment Order, be entitled to debit your Account(s) with the amount of the funds to be transferred together with applicable charges payable thereon.
- DBS shall make available a record of last 100 transactions done using the UPI Facility in digibank app for reference.
- DBS for providing the UPI Facility to you shall follow the Guidelines and more specifically process prescribed by NPCI in this regard including but not limited to process for settling of timed out transactions within the time limit prescribed by NPCI.
- DBS shall have the right of set-off and lien, irrespective of any other lien or charge, present as well as future on the deposits held in the Account(s) or any other account with DBS, to the extent of all outstanding dues, whatsoever, arising as a result of the UPI Facility extended to and/or used by you as the Customer of the Bank.
- DBS reserves the right to seek such documents or information from you as deemed fit, before acting on your instruction(s).
- If you wish to discontinue the use of UPI Facility, you have the option to delete the VPA/s created.
- DBS may at any time, with or without prior notice, partially or entirely withdraw/suspend/terminate the provision of UPI Facility. DBS shall endeavour to intimate such action to you as soon practicable.
- DBS has the right to suspend the transaction/s with respect to the UPI Facility if it has reason to believe that your instruction/s is/are erroneous, improper, incomplete or will lead to or expose to direct or indirect loss to DBS.
7.6 General Terms
- Consent: You hereby authorise DBS to access all your Account(s) and records for the purpose of providing the UPI Facility.
- Limitation of Liability: DBS will not be liable for delay in the completion of fund transfer instruction except where there is gross negligence attributable to its omission by DBS, or lack of due care, or fraud on the part of any employee of DBS. While DBS shall endeavour to promptly execute and process the transactions as proposed to be made by you, DBS shall not be responsible for any non-response or delay in responding due to any reason whatsoever, including due to failure of operational systems or any requirement of law. You hereby understand and acknowledge that DBS does not represent, warrant, guarantee or assume any responsibility for the quality, sufficiency or delivery of any goods/services provided by any Merchant pursuant to Payment Order and DBS shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused arising from goods purchased or services availed by you from the Merchant/s. You hereby agree to liaise with relevant Merchant for all grievances. DBS shall not be liable if it does not or is unable to stop or prevent the implementation of any erroneous instruction issued by you as the Customer of the Bank.
- Indemnity: You hereby agree to indemnify and hold DBS, its affiliates, directors and officers harmless and indemnified against any action, suit, proceeding initiated against it or any loss, cost or damage incurred by DBS as a result of (a) incorrect entries/Payment order by you or your authorised representative (b) violation of these UPI Terms by you or your authorised representative or (c) Insufficient balance in your Account for processing the instruction.
8. mVisa/Bharat QR:
8.1 You understand and acknowledge that only those websites/merchants accepting payments through mVisa/Bharat QR or who offer a 3D secure or 2nd factor authentication will allow transactions done through the Visa Debit Card. You also understand and agree that the shared networks may provide different functionalities and service offerings that may require you to provide certain additional details to complete the online transaction.
8.2 You can use your Visa Debit Card for making payments to mVisa/Bharat QR merchants in India using mVisa/Bharat QR facility. You acknowledge that for using mVisa/Bharat QR facility you will have to scan the QR code of the relevant merchant, to whom you wish to make payment, and authorize payment after verifying the payment details. You agree that on completion of the mVisa/Bharat QR transaction, the amount for which you make payment to merchants will be debited from the Account/s linked to your Debit Card.
9. Bill Payment
You may make a bill payment/s from your digibank app to certain Billing Organisations.
The Bill Payment facility is subject to the following:
- You acknowledge and recognise that DBS is merely providing a platform for Bill Payment facility at your request.
- DBS reserves the right to add or remove a Billing Organisation in digibank app at any time.
- In order to make a bill payment, you will be required to enter the identification details, relevant consumer reference number and such other details as may be required by each Bill Payment transaction and you will be responsible for the accuracy of the details provided.
- You also agree to inform DBS of any change in identification details as registered with the Billing Organisation through digibank app.
- You consent to the Billing Organisation disclosing your billing details to DBS.
- While DBS will take all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the billing details, it will not be liable for bill payments with incorrect details including late payment charges, loss, duplicate or incorrect payments made from your Account. You will not hold DBS responsible for any loss, damages, etc. that may be incurred/suffered by you if the information provided by you or the Provider turns out to be inaccurate/incorrect and for the biller rejecting the bill amount because of incorrect or incomplete entries.
- You agree that any disputes on bill details will be settled directly with the Billing Organisation and DBS's responsibility is limited to provision of information received from the Providers.
- You agree that the record of the instructions given and Transactions with DBS will be conclusive proof and binding for all purposes and can be used as evidence in any proceeding
- You agree that we are at liberty to withdraw at any time the Bill Payment facility, or any services provided there under, in respect of any or all account(s) without assigning any reason whatsoever, without giving you any notice.
10. Termination or withdrawal of digibank app
Digibank app may not be available to you for security and/ or technical reasons and for which we may not give you prior notice or reason.
You may terminate digibank app Services by giving us seven (7) days prior written notice. Termination will not affect any rights or obligations accrued prior to the effective date of termination.
11. Security Codes & Security Devices
Use of digibank app will require the use of Security Codes. Security Codes for you or your Authorised Users will be issued directly to you or your Authorised User and such issuance will be subject to these terms and conditions as applicable to you and the Authorised User in their personal capacity.
You are responsible for the confidentiality and use of your Security Codes.
It is vital that you take steps to prevent disclosure or discovery of the Security Codes provided to you as you are liable for financial loss incurred or Transactions carried out in connection with any unauthorised use of the Security Codes and you may not claim against us in respect of any such use or purported use.
You must notify us immediately if you have knowledge or have reason for suspecting that the confidentiality of the Security Codes have been compromised or if there has been any unauthorised use of the Security Codes (such as where you notice any unauthorised transactions or unauthorised access to your Accounts) or your Security Code has got disabled after a number of incorrect password attempts up to such number as maybe intimated by us to you from time to time.
You acknowledge and confirm that any person(such as a mandate holder/Authorised Users) that you have authorised to access and/or use digibank app in relation to your Account(all such persons to be collectively referred to as the "Authorised Users"), are severally empowered and authorised to give orders or instructions through digibank app on your behalf and shall act, without prejudice to any other capacity which such person may be transacting under, as your agent when accessing and/or using digibank app, in relation to your Account.
All use and/or access of digibank app by the Authorised Users shall be deemed your use.
Section 3 of the information Technology Act 2000 prescribes the procedure for authentication of electronic records which states that a subscriber may authenticate an electronic record by affixing his digital signature and section 5 provides legal recognition to digital signature for authentication of electronic records. However, we have adopted the mode of authentication by means of verification of the Security Code or through any other mode of verification as maybe stipulated at our discretion, which are not recognized under the Information Technology Act 2000for authentication of electronic records. Therefore, you are solely responsible to maintain the secrecy and confidentiality of the Security Code without any liability on us in this regard.
12. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions are governed by Indian law. You irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Mumbai, India.