- What is Unified Payments Interface (UPI)?
Unified Payments Interface (UPI) is an instant payments system developed by NPCI. It lets you make bank account-to-account transfers instantly with a single identifier ‘Virtual Payment address’. And you needn’t enter any additional bank account information.
- What can I do with UPI?
With UPI on the digibank app, there’s a lot you can do! You can make and receive payments using your Virtual Payment Address (VPA) instead of the account number. You can also use your digibank app to manage all your bank accounts held with other banks with UPI. This means that all you need for your daily banking needs is the digibank app! How cool is that?
- How is UPI different from IMPS or NEFT?
Like IMPS, UPI is also available 24x7 including Sundays and public/bank holidays. In the case of UPI, you needn’t remember any bank account information. You simply need the other individual or merchant’s Virtual Payment Address (VPA).
- What is a Virtual Payment Address (VPA)?
Virtual Payment Address (VPA) is an identifier that takes a form of abc@dbs where "abc" is a unique name that you can choose for yourself. @dbs is the handle that identifies the digibank app. This VPA is uniquely mapped to your bank account. Using the digibank app, you can create any number of virtual addresses linked to various bank accounts that you may hold.
- How do I generate a VPA for my digibank account on the digibank app?
Simply follow these steps to create your Virtual Payment Address (VPA) for your digibank account on the app.
- Click on the ‘Register for UPI’ button
- Select the identifier you want e.g. your name (we’ll even make a few suggestions)
- Simply click on ‘Go’ and voila, you’re done!
- Can I add my bank account with another bank on the digibank app?
Sure you can! You can add your account with any bank live on UPI using the digibank app. Just follow these steps.
- Click on ‘Manage Accounts’ on the dashboard
- Select ‘Link New A/c’
- Select your bank where your account is held from the list of banks
- All accounts linked to your mobile number will be displayed (with only the last 4 digits showing)
- Select the account you wish to add
- Set your VPA & confirm
- What do I need to register my non-DBS account on the digibank app?
Here’s what need to register your non-DBS account on the digibank app.
- An account with a bank live on UPI
- The mobile number registered with digibank needs to be the same as the mobile number registered with your bank.
- How is my mobile number registered while adding a non-DBS bank account on the digibank app?
To register your mobile number, there will be an SMS sent from your mobile number to digibank. Don’t worry, you won’t need to type out any SMS – you will simply need to grant us permission to send an SMS from your mobile number to digibank! The charges applicable for the registration SMS will be as per your tariff plan with the telecom service provider.
- Can I link more than one account to a single VPA?
Sorry, that’s not possible. With the digibank app, you can link a VPA to a single account.
- Can I pay from my non-DBS account linked on the digibank app?
Yes of course! All you need is funds in your account and your UPI PIN. And your all set to transfer from your linked account to another VPA or account number and IFSC code.
- How do I set the UPI PIN for my non-DBS account on digibank?
It’s all really simple on digibank! Here are some steps for you to follow
- Click on ‘Linked accounts’ on the dashboard
- Click on the account for which you wish to set the UPI PIN
- If this is the first time, you will see ‘Set UPI PIN’ on the screen. If you have set the UPI PIN earlier, click on Manage and then Reset UPI PIN
- You will be asked to enter the last 6 digits of your debit card and the expiry date
- On clicking Receive OTP, you will receive an OTP from the bank where your account is held
- Enter the OTP and select your UPI PIN and you’re done!
- How do I pay from my non-DBS a/c through the digibank app?
Absolutely! Your digibank app can be used to manage all your bank accounts. Simply follow these steps.
- Click on ‘Transfer’ on the home screen
- Enter the VPA to which you wish to transfer funds
- Enter the amount & confirm the transaction
- Once you confirm, you will be asked to enter the UPI PIN for the bank account you wish to use
- You will see the transaction success notification on the app screen
- Where can I see the balance in my linked accounts on the digibank app?
To check the balance in your non-DBS bank account, simple follow these steps.
- Log in to digibank
- Click on account (listed on the bottom of the home screen)
- Click on Update and then key in your UPI PIN
- You will be able to see the balance in your account on the screen
- How can I add money to my digiSavings account using UPI?
Adding money to your digiSavings account using UPI is quick and easy. Here’s what you need to do.
- Click on ‘Add Money’ on the home screen
- Select UPI as the funding option you wish to use
- Select the VPA using which you wish to fund the account (You may need to add a new VPA for this)
- Enter the amount you wish to fund
- Enter the UPI PIN for the account
- Voila! The funds are in your account!
- Is there a limit on the transaction amount?
With UPI, you can make payments up to INR 1 lakh, so long as you have funds in your account.
- Are there any charges to send money using UPI?
Nope. UPI transactions are completely FREE for those who are on digibank. So what are you waiting for? Try out the cool new way to pay.
- Can I transfer money to a wallet using UPI?
Currently, UPI enables you to transfer money from one bank account to another bank account. Wallets are currently not participating in UPI.
- I have a digibank e-wallet. Can I use UPI on my digibank app?
We’re sorry! UPI is available only for customers with a digisavings account. So what are you waiting for – upgrade today and start using UPI!
- Is UPI safe?
300%. UPI is one of the safest modes to pay as your account number is secure and only your VPA is shared. Additionally, all payments made through the digibank application using your digibank account are authenticated, first through your app log in and then by an in-built soft token on your device. For payments made through non-DBS accounts, you also enter the UPI PIN to authorise any transaction. So, it’s thrice as safe.