Unified Payments Interface (UPI)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Click on the ‘Register for UPI’ button
- Select the identifier you want e.g. your name (we’ll even make a few suggestions)
- Simply click on ‘Go’ and voila, you’re done!
Note: For the successful creation of VPA for your digibank account, please ensure that you use mobile data instead of Wi-Fi, of the registered mobile number used at the time of onboarding.
- Click on ‘Manage Accounts’ on the dashboard
- Select ‘Link New A/c’
- Select your bank where your account is held from the list of banks
- All accounts linked to your mobile number will be displayed (with only the last 4 digits showing)
- Select the account you wish to add
- Set your VPA & confirm
- Click on ‘UPI Linked accounts’ on the dashboard
- Click on the account for which you wish to set the UPI PIN
- If this is the first time, you will see ‘Set UPI PIN’ on the screen. If you have set the UPI PIN earlier, click on Manage and then Reset UPI PIN
- You will be asked to enter the last 6 digits of your debit card and the expiry date
- On clicking Receive OTP, you will receive an OTP from the bank where your account is held
- Enter the OTP and select your UPI PIN and you’re done!
- Click on ‘Transfer’ on the home screen
- Enter the VPA to which you wish to transfer funds
- Select the debit account
- Enter the amount & confirm the transaction
- Once you confirm, you will be asked to enter the UPI PIN for the bank account you wish to use
- You will see the transaction success notification on the app screen
- Log in to digibank
- Click on 'UPI Linked accounts' on the dashboard
- Click on 'Check Balance' under the acount for which you want to check the balane and then key in your UPI PIN
- You will be able to see the balance in your account on the screen
- Click on ‘Add Money’ on the home screen
- Click on 'Pull Money' from your other Bank accounts (Via UPI)
- Select the VPA using which you wish to fund the account (You may need to add a new VPA for this)
- Enter the amount you wish to fund
- Enter the UPI PIN for the account
- Voila! The funds are in your account!
To make payments, simply enable payments by UPI autopay from the payment settings of the merchant App/website.
To Create a Mandate
- Go to the Merchant App’s/Web Payments page
- Select “Pay By UPI” (Make sure that you select the UPI Id linked to your DBS Bank Account or which ends with @dbs, and is enabled for UPI Autopay)
- Enter mandate (select the Auto renew option)
- Accept Payee Initiated Mandates
- A notification will be sent to your Autopay enabled UPI app
- Click on the notification. Under mandates you will be able to see the request from your merchant app
- Approve and your UPI auto-payment is set
- Go to your digibank app
- Scan the mandate QR & approve
To Accept Payer Initiated Mandates
- A notification will be sent to your Autopay enabled UPI merchant
- Post approval by merchant UPI auto-payment will be enabled
Autopay can be used for all your recurring transactions with value less than INR 5000.
For values above INR 5000, a UPI PIN approval prompt will be sent to the user to approve the transaction every time.
No, there will be no extra fees/charges levied by third party platforms/banks.
Yes, UPI Auto payments are regulated by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
Yes, you can discontinue the UPI Autopay service, anytime you wish to.
Simply disable “Autopay” from the settings, on the respective platform/app where it was enabled or delete the mandate from the UPI app in which it was created.