Personal Loan in Chennai
Chennai is the city that gave us Vishwanathan Anand, A.R. Rahman, Kamal Haasan, Ilayaraja, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, Mani Ratnam, and filter coffee. Often called the soul of south India, the city is home to the world’s second-longest beach and some of the oldest temples and churches not just in the country but in the world.
So if you’re a resident of this grand old city and need a bit of financial assistance, be it for your daughter’s dance classes or for that personal pilgrimage you’ve been postponing for years, digibank is happy to help. Our smooth, quick personal loans in Chennai start from Rs. 20,000 and go all the way up to Rs. 15 lakh.
To apply for a digibank by DBS personal loan, all you need is a smartphone and an Internet connection. Here are the features of our personal loans:
- A 100% digital process
- Get an instant loan if you’re pre-approved
- Since we don’t offer a part-disbursement facility, the full loan is credited to your digiSavings account after deduction of processing fee and applicable taxes
These are the benefits of taking a personal loan in Chennai through digibank:
- Know your estimated EMI within minutes through our online EMI calculator
- Get a loan for anywhere between Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 15 lakh
- Avail competitive interest rates, starting from 10.99% and up to 34% depending on eligibility and tenure
- Choose a flexible tenure, which can range from 12 to 60 months
Documents Required for a Personal Loan in Chennai
digibank by DBS offers completely paperless loans, however, you will need to provide certain information on the app. Here's what you'll have to provide:
- Download the digibank app and get started
- Enter the correct details
- If your requirement is over the approved limit, however, you'll need to upload your bank details or statements (other than digibank by DBS)
- That's it. We'll never ask you for salary slips, IT returns or any other proof of income
- Once you've used our simple EMI calculator and selected the plan that suits you the best, all you need to do is download our app, fill in the details and you are good to go
- The entire process takes just a few minutes
How to Apply for a Personal loan in Chennai
This is how you can apply for a digibank personal loan:
- Download and launch the digibank by DBS app on your smartphone
- Log in and follow the instructions to open a digiSavings account
- If you already have a digiSavings account access it
- Click on 'Loans' and get started
- Once you complete the digital loan application form, we will conduct a biometric verification. This verification takes two days
- Get the loan amount directly in your savings account once you're verified
Do More, Live More with the Unbank
Open Instant digibank Savings Account in just a few minutes.
Fill your details and complete KYC.
Activate your digibank savings account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are our eligibility criteria to avail a digibank personal loan:
- You need to be at least 22 years old, and no older than 60 at the time your loan matures
- You can be salaried or self-employed
- You need to have an income of at least Rs. 30,000 per month
Here are our fees and charges if apply for a digibank personal loan:
- Processing fee: 1% to 3% of the loan amount + GST as applicable
- Foreclosure charges: You can foreclose 12 months from the date of disbursement. Charges are collected on the principal outstanding + GST as applicable. Costs for various tenures are as follows:
- 2-24 months: 4.50%
- 25 to 36 months: 2.5%
- 36 months or more: 2%
The same rates apply to part prepayment charges. You can start prepaying only after 12 months from the disbursal date. The number of times you can prepay in a year is limited to twice.
- Charges of Rs. 600 (+ GST), and penal interest at 24% per annum will apply in case you default
- EMI for loans disbursed between 1st and 19th of the month will start from 6th of the next month, while those paid after the 20th of the month will begin from 10th of the following month
Loan cancellation can be only be done during the two-day 'free look' period after the disbursal of the loan. There are no cancellation charges, but the processing fee and applicable taxes collected will not be refunded.
**All loans will be given out at the sole discretion of DBS Bank India Limited.
View Terms and Conditions