digibank Internet Banking
Terms and Conditions
These digibank iBanking Terms & Conditions (digibank iBanking T&C or digi internet banking T&C) govern and apply to the use of the services over the digibank internet banking Channel.
In these digibank iBanking T&C "you" and "your" mean the Customer. "We", "our" and "us" refers to DBS Bank India Limited. (“the Bank”) and its successors, assigns and/or any Affiliate.
In these digibank iBanking T&C:
“Account” means and includes digibank e-wallet, digiSavings, Term Deposit and any other saving account held from time to time.
“Branch Banking Customers” means and includes customers who have opened their Account(s) after submitting physical application forms to the Bank.
digibank app: means an application for a Mobile Device that can be downloaded by you from a designated location or application store.
By clicking on the ‘Log In’ button, you confirm to have read, understood and accepted these digibank iBanking T&C. If you do not agree to these digibank iBanking T&Cs, do not click on the ‘Log In’ button.
You agree that your use of digibank iBanking Channel is subject to these digibank iBanking T&C. These digibank iBanking T&C shall be read in addition to Terms and Conditions applicable to your Account(s):
Following links apply to relevant customers:
- In case of digibank e-Wallets and Digisavings:
a. General digibank Terms and Conditions available at https://www.dbs.com/digibank/in/terms-and-conditions.page
b. Mutual fund Terms and Conditions available at https://www.dbs.com/digibank/in/files/digi-mutual-funds-terms-and-conditions.pdf and
- In case of Branch Banking Customers:
c. Branch Banking Terms and Conditions available at https://www.dbs.com/in/treasures/terms-and-conditions.page
A. Terms and Conditions applicable to digibank e-Wallets and Digisavings
digibank iBanking Channel cannot be accessed by digibank e-Wallet customers. As part of the digibank services, digibank iBanking Channel affords digiSavings accountholders an opportunity to access their digiSavings over desktop using digibank app login credentials.
- Currently, digibank iBanking comes with limited services. Following features are not available over digibank iBanking Channel. You can perform all the transactions as available in the digibank app except the following:
- Account Opening: Opening of digiSavings account can be done by individuals on the digibank app only and subject to the individual complying with KYC (including e-KYC) guidelines issued by RBI/IBA from time to time and as per the specifications of the Bank.
- Addition of Payee/Billers: Addition of new payee/billers can be done on digibank app only. You can pay/transfer funds to existing payee/billers through digibank app and digibank iBanking Channel. You cannot add new payee/billers through digibank iBanking Channel.
- Debit Card: Request for new or replacement of Debit Card can be done on digibank app only. However you can block or manage Debit Card through digibank iBanking Channel.
B. Terms and Conditions applicable to Branch Banking Customers:
- digibank iBanking Channel affords Branch Banking Customers an opportunity to access their Account/s over desktop using their login credentials.
- The Bank will provide the NEFT Facility, RTGS and Immediate Payment Service ("IMPS") as a part of Bank's electronic payment services in accordance with the guidelines as stipulated by RBI and subject to the Terms and Conditions specified herein. You agree that if funds transfer is made available to you, it may be used for transfer of funds from Account to other accounts belonging to third parties maintained at the Bank and/or at any other bank. In the event such transfer of funds is from the Account to accounts belonging to third parties maintained at any other bank, which falls under the network of Reserve Bank of India's Electronic Fund Transfer system, then the same shall be governed by the Terms and Conditions applicable to National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) / Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) and Immediate Payment Service ("IMPS") of the Reserve Bank of India as provided on our website. You shall be responsible for keying in the correct account number and IFSC Code for the fund transfer request. In no case the Bank will be held liable for any erroneous transactions incurred arising out of or relating to your entering wrong account number and/or IFSC Code. The Bank will endeavour to affect funds transfer transaction received through iBanking subject to availability of sufficient funds in the Account and confirmation of payee registration by you (i.e. confirmation to whom you will transfer funds). The Bank shall specify from time to time the limit for carrying out various kinds of funds transfer or any other services through digibank iBanking Channel. This facility will be provided in accordance with the arrangement between the Bank, its Affiliates and Providers and as per conditions specified by DBS Bank India Limited from time to time.
- Terms and Conditions applicable to UPI Facility:
For the purposes of this Section, unless otherwise set out, the following terms will have the meaning as set out hereunder.
“Merchant/s” shall mean and include persons/entities/body of individuals who provide goods and services against payment through UPI.
“NPCI” means National Payments Corporation of India.
“Payment Order” means an unconditional instruction issued by the Customer electronically to Bank (either through Bank’s internet banking facility or short message service (SMS) or unstructured supplementary service data (USSD) or interactive voice recording (IVR) services provided by Bank or digibank app or Banks ATMs or through such other means, as may be made available by Bank from time to time) to effect a fund transfer for a certain sum of money expressed in Indian rupees, to the beneficiary account of a beneficiary by debiting Customer’s UPI Linked Account/s.
“PSP or Payment Service Provider” refers to banks which are allowed to acquire customers and provide payment (credit/debit) services to Customers.
“UPI Linked Account(s)” refers to the bank account and includes resident savings/current bank account held with any bank in India participating in the UPI System, to be used for operations through the UPI Facility.
“UPI Unified Payment Interface” service provided by NPCI to transfer and collect funds electronically through UPI System.
“UPI Facility” means the Unified Payments Interface service based electronic fund transfer and fund collection facility extended by the Bank to its Customer/s through the UPI System as per the Guidelines.
“UPI System” means UPI services offered by NPCI, in collaboration with its member banks, through NPCI owned and managed software and systems.
Interpretation Words or expressions used in this form, but not specifically defined herein shall have the respective meanings assigned to them by NPCI as per the Guidelines.
3.1 UPI Facility
- You understand that UPI Facility provides anytime electronic fund transfer or fund collection service to the customers of UPI member banks who extend UPI Facility to its customer. Customers have the option to send funds, receive funds or respond to funds collection in a secure manner including for any of their UPI Linked Account/s. Customer can even add funds to their Account. You understand that the UPI facility is not available for non-resident accounts.
- As a PSP, the Bank will provide UPI Facility which will use the NPCI’s UPI libraries to facilitate payment services.
- The Customer/s desirous of availing the UPI Facility, shall by way of a registration on the digibank app, in such form, manner and substance as the Bank may require, apply for UPI Facility. The Bank shall be entitled, at its sole discretion, to accept or reject such application/s. On digibank app, Customer will be required to set a Virtual Payment Address (“VPA”) with Customer’s Account with Bank for the purpose of availing UPI Facility and before commencing first transaction. Customer can link other UPI enabled bank account/s through a one-time registration process prescribed by NPCI before transacting from the other UPI Linked Account/s.
- The Customer agrees that in the event there are insufficient funds in the UPI Linked Account, the Bank may decline Payment Order/s. The Customer authorizes the Bank to debit the Account or UPI Linked Account with the Bank for any liability incurred by the Bank on behalf of the Customer for execution of the instruction/Payment Order issued by the Customer. The Customer understands and agrees that once a fund collection request is approved, the funds will be credited in the respective UPI Linked Account from which the fund collection request was initiated. The Customer understands and agrees that such amounts once credited to the UPI Linked Account cannot be reversed by the Customer.
- The Customer acknowledges the risks involved in the electronic instruction and processing of transactions. The Bank, its affiliates and shall not be liable for any unauthorized persons accessing the records or UPI Linked Account(s) or information through the use of UPI Facility. The Customers agrees to not hold the Bank liable for unavailability of UPI Facility due to any downtime.
- The Customer agrees that the UPI Facility is being extended by the Bank in accordance with the RBI guidelines on mobile banking and the same are subject to change.
- The Customer will have an option to delete VPA in the Account. The VPA once deleted cannot be re-issued to any person for next two (2) years or such other period as may be prescribed under the Guidelines. Any funds received at the deleted VPA will be rejected.
- The Bank may refuse to comply with the instructions without assigning any reason and shall not be under any duty to assess the prudence of any instruction. All instructions, requests, directives, orders, directions, entered by the Customer, are based upon the Customer’s decisions and are the sole responsibility of the Customer.
- The Customer agrees not to make any claim against RBI and/or NPCI in respect of the UPI Facility.
- All the records of the Bank generated by the transactions arising out of the use of the UPI Facility, including the time the transaction is recorded shall be conclusive proof of the genuineness and accuracy of the transaction.
3.2 Rights and Obligations of the Customer
- The Customer can link UPI enabled bank account in the digibank app. Every such UPI enabled bank account shall have distinct VPA.
- The Customer can issue Payment Orders from any UPI Linked Account/s, for execution by Bank. The Payment Order shall be issued by the Customer, in the form as prescribed by Bank, which is complete in all particulars. The Customer shall provide correct beneficiary details to Bank at the time of availing the UPI Facility. The Customer shall be bound by Payment Orders executed by Bank in good faith and in compliance with Customer instructions.
- The Customer shall be solely responsible for accuracy and authenticity of the instructions given and/or entries made in the digibank app while using UPI Facility. The Customer shall ensure that all the instructions/Payment Orders are in the form and manner specified by Bank. Any liability arising out of incorrect entry/ies shall rest solely with the Customer. The Customer shall be liable to and agrees to indemnify Bank for losses arising due to error in the Payment Order.
- The Customer authorizes Bank to act as a PSP and debit UPI Linked Account(s) with Bank as per Payment Orders/Customer instructions.
- The Customer shall ensure availability of funds in Customer’s UPI Linked Account(s) towards the fulfilment of the Payment Order before or at the time of the issuing Payment Order. The Customer shall not give any debit instructions in excess of funds available in the relevant UPI Linked Account. If Bank at its own discretion processes the transaction instruction, inspite of insufficient funds in the UPI Linked Account/s with Bank, then, the Customer shall be liable to immediately pay to Bank the amount paid by Bank to process the Payment Order/s.
- The Customer agrees that the Payment Order shall become irrevocable when it is issued.
- The Customer has the right to delete his VPA from the digibank app at any time. The Customer agrees that once the VPA is deleted, the customers cannot perform any transaction linked to the relevant VPA.
- The Customer agrees to pay such fees and charges as may be specified by Bank from time to time for availing UPI Facility.
- Illegal or improper use of the UPI Facility shall render the Customer liable for payment of financial charges as may be specified by Bank including suspension of UPI Facility by Bank.
3.3 Rights and obligations of Bank
- Bank shall execute a Payment Order issued and duly authorised by the Customer, unless: (a) the funds available in the UPI Linked Account(s) of the Customer are not adequate or funds are not properly applicable/available to comply with the Payment Order (b) the Payment Order is incomplete/ambiguous or it is not issued in the agreed form, (d) Bank has reason to believe that the Payment Order is issued to carry out an unlawful transaction (e) the Payment Order cannot be executed under the UPI System or (f) certain documents/information requested from the Customer are pending to be received.
- No Payment Order issued by the Customer shall be binding on Bank until Bank has accepted it.
- Bank shall, for execution of every Payment Order, be entitled to debit the Account(s) of the Customer, with the amount of the funds to be transferred together with applicable charges payable thereon.
- Bank shall make available a record of last 100 transactions done using the UPI Facility in the digibank app for reference.
- Bank for providing the UPI Facility to the Customer shall follow the Guidelines and more specifically process prescribed by NPCI in this regard including but not limited to process for settling of timed out transactions within the time limit prescribed by NPCI.
- Bank shall have the right of set-off and lien, irrespective of any other lien or charge, present as well as future on the deposits held in the Account(s) or any other account with Bank, to the extent of all outstanding dues, whatsoever, arising as a result of the UPI Facility extended to and/or used by the Customer.
- Bank reserves the right to seek such documents or information from the Customer as deemed fit, before acting on any instruction of the Customer.
- If a Customer wishes to discontinue the use of UPI Facility, the Customer has the option to delete the VPA/s created.
- Bank may at any time, with or without prior notice, partially or entirely withdraw/suspend/terminate the provision of UPI Facility. Bank shall endeavour to intimate such action to the Customers as soon practicable.
- Bank has the right to suspend the transaction/s with respect to the UPI Facility if it has reason to believe that the Customer’s instruction/s is/are erroneous, improper, incomplete or will lead to or expose to direct or indirect loss to Bank.
3.5 General Terms
- Consent: The Customer authorises Bank to access all the Customer’s Account(s) and records for the purpose of providing the UPI Facility.
- Limitation of Liability: Bank will not be liable for delay in the completion of fund transfer instruction except where there is gross negligence attributable to its omission by Bank, or lack of due care, or fraud on the part of any employee of Bank. While Bank shall endeavour to promptly execute and process the transactions as proposed to be made by the Customer, Bank shall not be responsible for any non-response or delay in responding due to any reason whatsoever, including due to failure of operational systems or any requirement of law. The Customer understands and acknowledges that Bank does not represent, warrant, guarantee or assume any responsibility for the quality, sufficiency or delivery of any goods/services provided by any Merchant pursuant to Payment Order and Bank shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused arising from goods purchased or services availed by Customer/s from the Merchant/s. The Customer agrees to liaise with relevant Merchant for all grievances. Bank shall not be liable if it does not or is unable to stop or prevent the implementation of any erroneous instruction issued by the Customer. Indemnity: The Customer hereby agrees to indemnify and hold Bank, its affiliates, directors and officers harmless and indemnified against any action, suit, proceeding initiated against it or any loss, cost or damage incurred by Bank as a result of (a) incorrect entries/Payment order by the Customer (b) violation of these UPI Terms by the Customer or (c) failure of the Customer to ensure sufficient balance in the Account for processing the instruction.
4. Remittances Fees and Charges
Please note below charges for online outward remittance / overseas transfer for following currency and country combinations.
|Currency and Country||Bank Fee||Agent Fees||GST#|
| ||Free||Not applicable||As applicable from time to time, will also be applied to your transaction|
|Any other currency / country combination||INR 500||Agent fees, if applicable, will be charged*|
*Please note that there may be additional charges levied by intermediary or correspondent bank in some cases.
#GST (Goods & Service Tax) will be levied on the converted gross INR amount. This charge would be deducted from the amount to be paid to the beneficiary. Please find below slab wise GST structure and GST calculation for reference.
|Gross amount of currency exchanged||Derived Value on which GST will be charged||GST on derived Value (for rate@ 18% w.e.f July 1, 2017)|
|Up to INR 100,000||1% of gross amount exchanged, subject to minimum amount of INR 250||INR 180 (For exchange amount of INR 1,00,000)|
|From INR 100,001 to INR 10,00,000||INR 1,000 for Exchange amount of INR 1,00,000 plus 0.5% on remaining amount exchanged||INR 990 (For exchange amount of INR 10,00,000)|
|Above INR 10,00,000||INR 5,500 for Exchange amount of INR 10,00,000 plus 0.1% on remaining amount exchanged, subject to maximum of INR 60,000||INR 1,170 (For exchange amount of INR 20,00,000)|
In case a payment is returned / rejected by the beneficiary bank, the return charges including correspondent banking charges, as applicable, will be levied and amount, net of these charges, will be credited back to your account at prevailing exchange rate.
Other charges - Some banks may apply a Tracer fees. If payment tracer is requested by the customer, applicable charges, will be applied by the intermediary or correspondent Bank / partner.
C. Common terms applicable to all Accounts
- Account Access:
- You agree that you cannot access your Account on digibank iBanking Channel and digibank app at the same time for security reasons.
- You agree that certain transactions on digibank iBanking Channel may require you to key in OTP sent by the Bank.
- Intellectual Property: No part or parts of the digibank iBanking Channel may be reproduced, distributed, republished, displayed, broadcast, hyperlinked, transmitted, adapted, modified to create derivative works or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner or by any means or stored in an information retrieval system without our prior written permission. You may view, print or use the Content for personal, non-commercial use only, provided further that you do not modify the Content and that you retain all copyright notices and other proprietary notices contained in the Content. The trademarks, service marks, and logo ("Trade Marks") used and displayed in or through the digibank app/digibank iBanking are registered or unregistered Trade Marks of Bank/others. Nothing on the digibank iBanking Channel will be construed as granting, by implication, estoppels, or otherwise, any license or right to use any intellectual property displayed in or through the Channel, without our written permission.
- No Warranty: The information and materials contained on the digibank iBanking Channel are provided on “as is," "as available" basis. The Bank does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of this information and materials and expressly disclaim liability for errors or omissions in this information and materials. No warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from computer virus, is given in conjunction with the information and materials.
- Limitation of Liability: In no event will the Bank be liable for any damages, including without limitation direct or indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with use of the digibank iBanking Channel or inability to use by any party, or in connection with any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or line or system failure, even if the Bank, or representatives thereof, are advised of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses. Hyperlinks to other internet resources are at your own risk; the content, accuracy, opinions expressed, and other links provided by these resources are not investigated, verified, monitored, or endorsed by the Bank.
- Submissions: All information submitted to the Bank over digibank iBanking Channel shall be deemed and remain the property of the Bank shall be free to use, for any purpose, any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in information a visitor to this website provides to the Bank through this Channel.
- Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures: The Bank shall take reasonable steps and measures to protect the security of the customer’s personal information from misuse and loss, un-authorized access, modification or disclosure. The Bank maintains its security systems to ensure that your personal information is appropriately protected and follows the extant standard encryption norms followed for the transmission of information.
- Security Issues and Disclosures of Risks: You shall be responsible for obtaining and using the necessary software and / or device, hardware and / or equipment necessary to obtain access to the digibank iBanking Channel at your own risk and expense. You acknowledge the following internet-related risks:
- Insufficient technical knowledge and lack of safety precautions can make it easier for unauthorised third parties to access your systems or devices (for example, insufficiently protected storage of data on the hard disk, file transfers and monitor emissions), and it is your responsibility to take the necessary security precautions.
- Your usage patterns may be monitored by third parties.
- Third parties could gain unnoticed access to your computer system and detect your access to the digibank iBanking services and your communications with us.
- Viruses and other malicious code may interfere with the digibank iBanking Channel, the web browser or any relevant telecommunication device or computer systems.
- Discontinuation/Suspension: digibank iBanking Channel may not be available to you for security and technical reasons. The digibank iBanking Channel may be withdrawn/suspended for security and/ or technical reasons without giving you any reason or notice. We will endeavor to keep you notified as may be practicable. In case of planned downtime we will endeavor to give you prior notice.
- Indemnification: You agree and undertake to fully indemnify us, our Affiliates, service providers, subcontractors, and agents, and to hold each of the aforementioned parties harmless, from and against all liabilities (including settlement sums), losses, charges and expenses (including legal fees and disbursements on a solicitor-client basis), claims, demands, actions and proceedings which we, our Affiliates, service providers, subcontractors and agents may incur, suffer or sustain directly or indirectly from or by reason of or in relation to the use, misuse or purported use or misuse of the digibank iBanking Channel.
- Inconsistency: If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these digibank iBanking T&C and digibank Terms and Conditions, these digibank iBanking Channel will prevail to the extent of the inconsistency or conflict.
- Amendment: The Bank may at any time amend these digibank iBanking T&C and such amended terms shall be binding on you.
- Governing Law & Jurisdiction: These digibank iBanking T&Cs will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India and you irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Mumbai courts.