How to Link PAN With Aadhaar Card
Linking PAN with Aadhaar made easy with digibank by DBS
At a Glance
The Aadhaar Card is a widely-accepted identity and address proof document for all kinds of financial and non-financial services. Similarly, you also require your Permanent Account Number (PAN) to avail of most financial services. Per Government rules, you must link Aadhaar to PAN Card to enjoy seamless financial services.
PAN link with Aadhaar – The Rules
Per Government directives, all PAN and Aadhaar cardholders must complete the pan and Aadhaar link by 31 March 2022. Failure to link the documents within the stipulated timeline may result in your PAN being classified as “Inoperative”. The Government will further deem that you have not declared your PAN card detail.
We at digibank urge you to link PAN with Aadhaar at the earliest to enjoy seamless and uninterrupted financial services.
How To Link Pan With Aadhaar
Link Aadhaar to PAN Card on the e-filing portal.
If you have an active e-filing portal account, you can follow these steps to link PAN with Aadhaar.
- ‘Login’ on the Income Tax e-filing website.
- Enter your User ID, i.e., PAN, Aadhaar Number or other relevant ID and password.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ on the top right corner and select ‘Link Aadhaar’.
- Enter the relevant details, select the appropriate checkboxes and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
Your PAN and Aadhaar Link request will be sent to the UIDAI for validation.
You may link PAN with Aadhaar even if you do not have an active account on the e-filing portal by following these steps.
- Visit the Income Tax e-filing portal and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’ in the ‘Quick Links’ menu.
- Enter your PAN, Aadhaar Number, name, and mobile number in the designated slots.
- If only the birth year is mentioned on your Aadhaar Card, tick the check box ‘I have only year of birth in Aadhaar Card’.
- Tick the ‘I agree to validate my Aadhaar details’ box and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
- Enter the one-time password (OTP) sent to your registered mobile number and click on ‘Validate’.
Linking PAN with Aadhaar via SMS
You can set up the PAN and Aadhaar link by sending an SMS to 567678 or 56161 from your registered mobile number in the following format.
UIDPAN<SPACE><12-digit Aadhaar><Space><10-digit PAN>
Example: UIDPAN 123412341234 HPNQD9232G
To check your PAN link with Aadhaar Card status, click here.
Importance of Linking PAN with Aadhaar
- PAN Aadhaar link can reduce or thoroughly eliminate the risks associated with PAN card duplication and tax evasion.
- The PAN-Aadhaar link assists with OTP based e-KYC verification,
- It enables you to conveniently file returns, invest, obtain loans and avail of other financial services.
New to digibank?
Open your digibank savings account in just a few minutes.
Fill your details and complete KYC.
Activate your digibank savings account
Frequently Asked Questions
If you do not link your PAN Card to Aadhaar before the stipulated deadline, your PAN will be deemed inoperative and remain unusable for transactions where PAN is mandatory.
Here are the steps to reactive an inoperative PAN:
- Write a letter addressing the Assessing Officer (AO) for reactivating your inoperative PAN card.
- Attach a self-attested deactivated PAN Card copy.
- Attach the Indemnity Bond in favour of the Income Tax Department.
- Attach any Income Tax Returns filed using the inoperative PAN.
It takes up to 15 days to reactivate your inoperative PAN Card.
You must quote your 12-digit Aadhaar number or the 28-digit Aadhaar Enrolment number instead of PAN for ITR-filing.