Linking PAN with Aadhaar
As per Government directives, it is mandatory to link your PAN with Aadhaar by 31st March 2021. If you do not complete the same within stipulated timelines, your PAN shall be classified as “Inoperative” & it would be deemed as if you have not declared the PAN.
Hence, we urge you to ensure your PAN is linked to your Aadhaar before 31st March 2021.
Two simple ways to link your PAN with Aadhaar
Send SMS to 56161 from your any mobile number in the given format
UIDPAN <12-Digit Aadhaar> <10 digit PAN>
Example: UIDPAN 123456789045 ABCPA1234A
Step 1: Visit the Income Tax e-filing portal.
Step 2: Enter your PAN, Aadhaar number and Name as per Aadhaar.
Step 3: Click on Link Aadhaar.
Click here to check the status of your linking request.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is inoperative PAN?
PAN will be deemed inoperative if it is not linked with Aadhaar by 31st March 2021.
- What are the implications of inoperative PAN?
An inoperative PAN will be considered as absence of a valid PAN. This may lead to many challenges such as:
- Difficulties in opening accounts, or applying for loans or credit cards, etc.
- Restriction in financial transactions where quoting PAN is mandatory
- Higher TDS rate on cash withdrawals and interest income
- How do I check if my PAN is already linked to Aadhaar?
You can click here to check if your PAN is linked with Aadhaar.