Activating your Dormant Account
1. What is a Dormant Account?
As per RBI regulations, if you don’t operate your account for 24 months or more, Banks are required to mark the account as ‘Dormant’ and freeze the account. The account can be re-activated by obtaining the customer’s KYC documents – latest photograph and copy of Officially Valid Document (OVD).
2. What do I need to do to re-activate my account?
All you need to do is submit a self-attested copy of the following KYC documents at the nearest DBS Branch:
- One (1) latest passport-size photograph
- One (1) of the following Official Valid Documents (OVD):
- Driving License
- Voters ID
To locate a DBS Branch near you, click here.
Once you submit the documents, you can simply activate your account by performing a Debit Card transaction.
3. What happens if I don’t submit the documents?
If you don’t submit the documents, your account will continue to be frozen. In such a scenario, you won’t be able to perform any transactions from your account or use your Debit Card for any purchases.