The PAN card details you need to know
- You need PAN for all kinds of financial services – from tax filing to loan applications.
- You can retrieve your PAN details even if you misplace or lose the physical card.
- Call the toll-free helpline on the e-Filing portal or send emails to retrieve your PAN.
- Ensure you register on the e-Filing portal to access PAN details upon getting your PAN.
- You can check whether or not your PAN is active as well.
Your Permanent Account Number (PAN) is an industry-wide used document for taxpayers. This 10-digit alphanumeric identifier tracks your cash flow. It is used for all financial and tax purposes, including filing your income tax returns and refunds, communication from the Income Tax Department, etc. If you lose or misplace your PAN Card, you can easily retrieve the details without enduring the painstaking conventional processes and know your PAN number.
Download digibank Now
Know Your PAN Card Details by Name and Date of Birth
Instead of filing a PAN card application, you can follow these steps to Know your PAN.
- Call on the Income Tax Department toll-free helpline: 1800 180 1961
- Follow the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) instructions.
- Select 'PAN', and a customer service agent will attend to you.
- Complete the identity authentication process by providing your name, date of birth, Aadhaar-registered mobile number and the last 4-digits of your Aadhaar.
- Once the agent verifies the details, they will provide you with your PAN Card.
Know Your PAN Number via email
You can get your PAN details by emailing the respective PAN providers.
Know Your PAN Card Details from e-Filing Portal
Once you have your PAN card number, you can register on the Income Tax e-Filing portal to get access to your PAN details at all times.
- Visit the e-Filing official website and click on 'Register'.
- Select 'Register as Taxpayer', enter your PAN and click on 'Validate'.
- Provide your name, date of birth, contact and address details, mobile number and email ID.
- You will receive two separate OTPs, one on your mobile number and the other on your email ID.
- Enter the two OTPs and click on 'Continue'.
- The next page will display the filled in details. Verify the details and click on 'Confirm'.
- On the next page, you must set a password and click on 'Register'.
- Now, you can log in on the e-Filing portal, where your User ID is your PAN.
- Under 'My Profile', you can view your personal details and the last 4-digits of your Aadhaar card if it has been linked to the PAN.
Know Your PAN Card Status from the e-Filing Portal
Once you have your PAN, you can check its status.
- Visit the e-filing website and click on 'Verify Your PAN'.
- Enter your PAN, full name, date of birth and mobile number, and click on 'Continue'.
- Type in the OTP received on the mobile number.
The website will display your PAN Card status.
As is apparent, you can know your PAN details by following any of the above processes. You can also apply for a duplicate PAN card on the NSDL website. You will receive the duplicate PAN card within two to three weeks.
Are you looking for a smart mobile banking app? Download digibank by DBS and explore a world of banking facilities in a few swipes. Also, open your savings account with us.
Download digibank Now
*Disclaimer: This article is for information purposes only. We recommend you get in touch with your income tax advisor or CA for expert advice.