Step-by-step guide to apply for PAN card online
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) is an identity proof document, especially for taxpayers.
- You can apply online for a PAN Card from the comfort of your home.
- Visit the NSDL website and fill in the online form 49A for Resident Indians or 49AA for foreign nationals.
- Make sure you link your mobile number to the Aadhaar Card.
- Your application is complete after you validate your Aadhar details via e-KYC.
The Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a 10-character alphanumeric identifier assigned to taxpayers by the Income Tax Department of India. A single PAN comprises all tax-related data of an individual or entity. Therefore, no two tax-paying individuals or companies can have the same PAN. Since foreign nationals can possess a PAN Card as well, it does not serve as citizenship proof. Find out how to get PAN card online.
Open a DBS Bank Account Now
Who can apply for PAN card – Eligibility Criteria
- Indian Citizens
- Non-Resident Indians
- Companies or Foreign Nationals
- Investors paying taxes in India
How to Apply for PAN Card Online – The Steps
- Visit the National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) website for applications for PAN Card online and locate the online application form.
- Select the application type and category from the dropdown menus.
- Enter your name, date of birth (date of formation in case of companies), email ID and mobile number.
- Agree to the terms and conditions, enter the captcha, and click submit.
- On the next page, you will get a Token ID, which will also be sent to your email ID and mobile number. The Token ID is valid for a month and allows you to check the status of your PAN card online application.
- Click on ‘Continue with PAN Application Form’.
- Select ‘Submit digitally through e-KYC& e-sign (Paperless)’. Here, you must link your Aadhaar number to your mobile number to receive the One-Time Password (OTP) for authentication.
- Tick the box to get the physical PAN Card delivered to your address.
- As an individual applicant, you must enter the last 4 digits of your Aadhaar number in the ‘Aadhar Number’ field.
- Enter the pending personal details, parents’ details, etc.
- Enter the relevant income details and address for communication on the following pages.
- The next page is for entering your Assessing Officer (AO) code details. Select the appropriate ‘State’ and ‘City’. The AO details get automatically filled in.
- Fill the declaration form on the next page and click on submit.
- Enter the first 8 digits of your Aadhaar number and review your application up to this point to make any necessary changes.
- After verifying all details, click on ‘Proceed’ and continue to apply for PAN card online.
- Select your preferred payment option, check all the fees & charges, and complete the payment.
- The next step in the how to apply for PAN card online process is to authenticate your identity with e-KYC.
- Enter the OTP sent on your mobile number and click on ‘Continue with e-sign’.
- Authorise the NSDL to use your Aadhaar to obtain your e-signature
- Enter your Aadhar Card number, verify the OTP one more time, and complete your PAN Card online application.
You no longer need to stand in queues to apply for a PAN Card. Apply for PAN Card online with your Aadhaar card linked mobile number and conveniently complete your e-KYC process within minutes.
Download the digibank by DBS app to get started and open your savings account with us.
Open a DBS Bank Account Now
*Disclaimer: This article is for information purposes only. We recommend you get in touch with your income tax advisor or CA for expert advice.