How to Recharge FASTag
Learn how to recharge your FASTag and enjoy seamless driving
- Paying Toll Tax at National and State Highways has become easier with FASTag.
- FASTag is an electronic encryption system through which you can pay your toll tax electronically.
- You can recharge your FASTag conveniently on the official FASTag customer portal through UPI digital wallets or banking portals.
- You should maintain a minimum balance of INR 200 in your FASTag e-wallet.
- You can recharge up to INR 100,000 at a time by opting for biometric KYC.
FASTag is a digital payment system to enable cashless payment at toll plazas on the Indian National Highways. It is a Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) tag that you must affix on the window screen of your vehicle. When you pass a toll plaza, the tag is scanned by the Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) booths and the toll tax is auto-deducted from a pre-paid account. The Government has made FASTag usage mandatory for all four and multi-axle vehicles in India. Find out how to recharge FASTag in this article.
How to Recharge FASTag
There are several different ways how to recharge FASTag immediately. They are as under
Recharge via FASTag Customer Portal
To recharge your FASTag account, you must first log in to the FASTag customer portal. The login credentials are shared in the Welcome Kit when you purchase the tag from certified banks. You may also call customer care at 1033 and ask them for assistance with your login details.
- Once you log into the customer portal, you need to enter your username and password and select recharge.
- Enter your FASTag details and the amount you want to recharge. Note that you can recharge up to INR 100,000 by opting for Biometric KYC, whereas the maximum amount you can recharge with OTP-based-KYC is INR 10,000. At any given time, the minimum balance in the FASTag wallet should be INR 200.
- Choose the payment method as ‘Pay by Online’ and continue to select your bank. Enter the login credentials of your bank and complete the payment.
Recharge via UPI
There is another way of how to recharge FASTag online, and that is via UPI
- Log into any UPI enabled app on your mobile device.
- Select to pay to UPI ID. The standard format of the UPI ID is ‘nets.<VehicleNumber>@<BankUpiHandle>’.
- Verify the VPA, enter the recharge amount and complete the payment.
Recharge via Banking Portal
You can also recharge your FASTag directly through the bank portal. Here are the steps
- Go to the FASTag portal of your bank and enter your login credentials.
- Select the option to recharge and enter the recharge amount.
- You may choose to make the payment via Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking.
- Select your preferred mode and complete your payment.
Banks and digital payment apps offer discounts and cashback if you recharge your FASTag through their respective portals.
Now that you know how to add money in FASTag, you can recharge your account anytime. Since FASTag is mandatory, you must ensure that you have sufficient balances in your pre-paid account. Failure to maintain adequate balances, especially while passing toll plazas, can result in your FASTag account getting blocked on the back-end. If your FASTag is blocked, you will be unable to pass through the ETC lane and would have to pay twice the toll fare. You can quickly recharge your account with your debit card, credit card, net banking or UPI.
Download digibank today to experience the benefits of a digital savings account.