How to Change UPI PIN in PhonePe
A step-by-step guide on how to change PhonePe UPI PIN
- You can make cashless transactions via the PhonePe digital payment app.
- PhonePe fund transfers are supported by the United Payment Interface or UPI system.
- You need your debit card to change or reset PhonePe PIN.
- You must select the bank account for which you wish to change the PIN.
- You should change the PIN frequently for security reasons.
Today, most Indians of all age groups have the purchasing power to own internet-enabled smartphones. We are also familiar with the United Payment Interface or UPI – India's official online and cashless payment system that allows us to initiate cashless transactions via various bank and third-party payment apps. Of India's many payment apps, the PhonePe UPI App is one of the most popular. It allows you to transfer funds in seconds simply by entering a 4 or 6-digit PIN. But what happens if you forget your PhonePe PIN? Here, we discuss the PhonePe UPI App and how to change UPI PIN in PhonePe.
The PhonePe UPI App
PhonePe is a digital payment method based on the United Payments Interface (UPI) system. A third-party payment app, PhonePe allows us to make all kinds of online payments using our internet-enabled smartphones. We can transfer money, pay our utility bills, make payment for online shopping purchases, recharge your mobile and DTH connections, etc., via PhonePe. The app is available in over 10 Indian languages, which has led to its nationwide popularity. Let us now learn how to reset UPI PIN in PhonePe.
How to Change PhonePe UPI PIN
You can change your PhonePe UPI PIN in eight easy steps, as mentioned below.
- Launch the PhonePe App on your internet-enabled smartphone powered by Andorid, iOS or Windows.
- Click on the App's menu icon, represented by three dots on the top right corner of your phone's screen.
- Select "Bank Accounts" under the menu. Here, you will find all your bank accounts linked to the PhonePe UPI Payment App.
- Now you need to select the bank account for which you wish to change or reset the UPI Pin.
- Once you select the bank account, you will see the "SET" and "Reset" options. You would have used the former while setting up your account. However, since you need to change your PhonePe PIN, you must select the "Reset" option.
- The next step in how to reset UPI PIN in PhonePe is to enter your debit card's last 6 digits and the card's expiry date in MM/YY format. Account holders with virtual debit cards that do not have an expiry date embossed on them can enter the standard PhonePe code, i.e., 00/49, as the expiry date.
- PhonePe will send you a One-Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number, which you must enter to set up your new PhonePe UPI PIN.
- Tap on submit after entering the OTP, set your new PIN and confirm it by entering it again.
Now that you know how to change PhonePe UPI PIN, you can change or reset it easily. You may reset the PIN for security purposes. You may also follow these same steps in case you forget the PIN and wish to reset it. Ensure you never share or disclose your PIN since your PhonePe App is linked to your bank accounts.
Get started with seamless money transfer with digibank. Download the app now and send money to your family from anywhere! Also, open your savings account with us.
*Disclaimer: This article is for information purposes only. We recommend you get in touch with your income tax advisor or CA for expert advice.