Credit Card Payment by Debit Card
Learn how to pay credit card bill using debit card
- Paying Credit Card bills with Debit Cards is cost-effective and time-saving.
- You can use online payment portals to pay the Credit Card bill online.
- You can also pay the bill offline using debit cards at ATM centres.
- Enjoy multiple offers on making Credit Card payments by Debit Cards.
- Most banks allow Credit card payments via Debit Cards of other banks.
The demand for Credit Cards is on the rise, as it allows you to buy things now and pay for them later. Paying your Credit Card on time is highly crucial for your credit health. Otherwise, it could adversely affect your credit score. Therefore, the financial sector offers numerous mediums to pay your Credit Card dues, one of which is through Debit Cards. Keep reading to know how to pay Credit Card bills using Debit Card.
Credit Card Payment by Debit Card
Using your Debit Card to pay the Credit Card bills is one of the most convenient means to pay off your outstanding dues. Cardholders can choose online or offline modes of Credit Card Bill Payment with Debit Card.
Below are the steps on how to pay Credit Card bill through Debit Card online.
- Log in to any online channel or payment portal that allows Debit Card payments.
- Select the ‘add your Credit Card’ option and enter your name and Credit Card number.
- Select the added Credit Card from the payee list and enter the bill amount.
- Choose from several payment options on the payment page.
- Select the ‘Debit Card’ option, enter the relevant card details, and complete the payment.
You can make offline Credit Card payments at bank ATMs only if both Credit Card and Debit Card are of the same bank. The steps to make offline Credit Card payment by Debit Card at ATM centres are as under:
- Visit the nearest ATM of your bank.
- Insert your Debit Card and select the option to pay your Credit Card.
- Enter your ATM PIN for the amount to be deducted from your Savings Account.
Credit Card Bill Payment with Other Bank Debit Cards
The facility to pay your Credit Card bills using Debit Cards of different banks is limited to a few banks. You can utilise this payment online. ATM Kiosks of one bank will not allow you to make Credit Card bill payments with Debit Cards of other banks.
Benefits of Credit Card Payment by Debit Card
- Paying Credit Card bills using a Debit Card is convenient and time-saving since the transaction is completed within seconds, whether offline or online.
- You do not have to pay additional charges for making Debit Card payments by Debit Card.
- The online method allows you to pay your bills from anywhere, anytime, 24x7.
- The extensive presence of ATMs makes bill payments.
- Creditors provide cashback, discounts, and other offers on paying Credit Card bills through Debit Cards.
Now that you know how to pay Credit Card bill using Debit Card, you can conveniently use this facility. Both online and offline options are available round-the-clock. You can also call your bank for assistance on credit card bill payment using debit cards. So, ensure you do not miss a payment and clear your dues before the due date to avoid penalties.
Happy shopping with the digibank by DBS Debit Card! Download the app to open your digital savings account instantly and get your Debit Card!
*Disclaimer: This article is for information only. We recommend you get in touch with your income tax advisor or CA for expert advice.