Find out the requirements and procedure to apply for a marriage loan.
- Banks offer personal loans for wedding.
- Wedding Loans range from INR 50,000 to INR 4,00,000
- Tenure for repayment of the loan amount is up to 5 years.
- Pre-approved customers can avail loans almost instantly.
- You can use the Personal Loan EMI Calculator to gauge the EMI amount.
She said YES! You and your partner are celebrating this joyous decision to spend your lives together. After the feeling sinks in, your mind becomes preoccupied with the many things you have to plan. You need to decide your wedding venue, prepare your guest list, book a caterer, shop for your wedding trousseau featuring that couture outfit by your favourite designer – there is so much to do. All these decisions also make you realise that you will need to spend a lump sum of cash on one event. So, where do you get that cash? Why, through a marriage loan, of course!
What is a Marriage Loan?
As is apparent from the term, a Marriage Loan is a type of personal loan that can help you fund the wedding of your dreams. You can apply for this loan online or by visiting your bank. You can determine the loan amount you need after estimating the costs associated with the wedding. Based on your income and repayment capacity, banks may offer you anywhere from INR 50,000 to INR 4,000,000, to fund your wedding. You can repay the loan in monthly EMIs, over tenures lasting up to 5 years.
Wedding Loan Application Process
The process of applying for a wedding loan is similar to that of a personal loan.
You can apply for the loan online by downloading, filling, and submitting the loan application form on the website of the lending bank. For online applications, you need to submit a soft copy of your ID, address, and income proof, along with a copy of your CIBIL score.
You can also visit your nearest bank, obtain a loan application form from a bank representative, fill it and submit it with copies of your ID, address and employment proof documents, and CIBIL score.
Wedding Loans Eligibility Criteria and Documents Required
- Age: You should be over 21 years old and up to 60 years old at the time of final EMI repayment.
- Citizenship: You should be a citizen of India.
- Employment: You can be a salaried employee or a self-employed individual.
- Income: You should draw a minimum net monthly income of INR 25,000.
- Proof of Identity: PAN Card, Voter's ID, Passport, Driving License, etc.
- Proof of Address: Aadhaar Card, Passport, Electricity Bill, Rental Agreement, etc.
- Latest 3 months bank statement
- Salary slips for the last 2 months
Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your and your partner's life. You can make this day memorable with the help of a personal wedding loan. This loan will cover most of the costs associated with the wedding, and you can repay it at competitive interest rates, in pocket-friendly EMIs, over a flexible repayment tenure.
Download the digibank mobile app on your smartphone. Launch the app and click on the "Get Personal Loan" link on the login page.
*Disclaimer: This article is for information only. We recommend you get in touch with your income tax advisor or CA for expert advice.