CIBIL Score Check Online by PAN Card
Find out how to conduct online CIBIL Score check by PAN Card
- The Credit Information Bureau India Limited, also known as CIBIL, is one of the most renowned credit companies that determines credit scores.
- CIBIL is a part of the American TransUnion.
- A good CIBIL Score increases your chances of securing a loan.
- You can check CIBIL Score by PAN Card on the CIBIL website.
- Your PAN Number is unique and, therefore, cannot be used for duplicate loan applications.
Have you finally decided to buy the car or house of your dreams? Do you need huge sums of money to fund the purchase? Now you can take out Personal, Auto and Home Loans and fulfil every life goal. However, to ensure you have the capacity to repay the loan, your lender will be checking your credit history, which they can learn about through your CIBIL score. Keep reading to know how you can check CIBIL score by PAN Card.
What is a CIBIL Score?
Short for Credit Information Bureau India Limited (CIBIL) is a credit information company licensed by the RBI. CIBIL assigns a numeric value ranging from 300 to 900 to measure your credit history. The score assigned is known as the CIBIL or credit score, which is determined by the uniformity of your repayment of loans and credit card debt. CIBIL informs banks and lenders about your score, which, in turn, enables the lender to determine whether you are creditworthy.
How to Check CIBIL Score by Pan Card Online
Follow these steps to check CIBIL Score free by PAN Card
- Visit the CIBIL website at www.cibil.com and click on ‘Get Your Free CIBIL Score’.
- An online form will pop up where you must fill in details like your email ID and mobile number.
- Enter your email ID and type in a password.
- Under ‘ID Type’, select ‘Income Tax ID Number (PAN)’.
- Type in your PAN Number in the ‘ID Number’ field.
- Read the Terms and Conditions before proceeding.
- Enter the One-Time Password received on your email ID and complete the CIBIL authentication process.
- Select ‘Member Login’ and log in using your credentials, i.e., email ID and password.
- On the Dashboard, you can view your CIBIL score for free.
- You can also view your credit summary, score history, etc., by subscribing to monthly, half-yearly or yearly paid plans.
Importance of PAN Card to Check CIBIL Score
Your PAN Card is linked to all your financial and non-financial accounts, and your credit history is mapped to your PAN Card. Therefore, credit bureaus find it easier to access your credit history. Since your PAN Card number is a unique alpha-numeric combination, it prevents fraudulent uses to avail loans.
What is a Good Credit Score?
When applying for a loan, your CIBIL report helps the lender decide whether you have the loan repayment capability based on your previous credit behaviour. Financial institutions may not consider a loan application with a low CIBIL Score, whereas borrowers with high CIBIL scores can get instant loan approvals. Usually, a score above 600 is regarded as a good credit score, whereas a score of 750+ is ideal for loans with low interest rates. Ensure you run an online CIBIL Score check by PAN number and improve your credit scores before applying for a loan.
Download the digibank mobile app on your smartphone. Launch the app and click on the "Get Personal Loan" link on the login page.
*Disclaimer: This article is for information purposes only. We recommend you get in touch with your income tax advisor or CA for expert advice.