Care In COVID-19, Simplified
What is Covered?
If the test for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) is found positive from any of the authorized centres of ICMR – National Institute of Virology, Pune, you will receive 100% of the Sum Insured.
If you are quarantined in a Govt. or Military hospital for at least 14 consecutive days, you will receive 50% lumpsum of the Sum Insured. This is applicable even if Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) is later negative as it covers the screening & treatment costs.
Premium starting at INR 499/-
Sum Insured Options ranging from: INR 25000 and INR 50,000.
DBS Bank India Limited (IRDA of India Registration Number: CA 0257) having the registered office at GF: Nos. 11 & 12, Capitol Point BKS Marg, Connaught Place, Delhi - 110001 is the Corporate Agent of Bharti Axa General Insurance Company Limited (IRDA of India Regn.No.139) CIN-U66030KA2007PLC043362 having its registered office at First Floor Hosto Centre, No. 43, Millers Road, Vasanth Nagar, Bangalore-560052. DBS Bank India Limited (Bank) does not underwrite the risk or act as an insurer. The Bharti AXA Group Health Assure brought by Bharti AXA General Insurance with UIN: BHAHLGP20021V011920 is underwritten by Bharti Axa General Insurance Company Ltd. The contract of insurance is between the insurer and the insured and not between the Bank and the insured. Bank does not give any warranty, as to the accuracy and completeness of the policies. Bank does not accept any liability or losses attributable to your contract of Insurance. Participation by the Bank’s customers in the insurance products is purely on a voluntary basis and is not linked to availment of any other facility from the bank. ISNP registration valid.
For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, exclusions, please read sales brochure of insurer and policy terms and conditions carefully before concluding a sale. Tax benefits are available as per the prevailing tax laws, which are subject to change.
Contact our 24-hour toll free customer service helpline number 1-800-209-4555 / 1-860-267-1234 or our overseas customer service number 91-44-66854555 or write to us at email@example.com. Visit us at: www.dbs.com/in
How to Apply
Frequently Asked Questions
- 50% of the Sum Insured shall be payable if the Insured has been quarantined in a Government/Military Facility for at least 14 days due to concern about a possible exposure to COVID-19.
- 100% of the Sum Insured shall be payable if the insured is tested positive for COVID-19 specified in virology report issued by Department of Health Research Indian Council of Medical Research Ministry of Health & Family Welfare testing Labs along with certification from registered medical certificate.
- Initial 30 days waiting period waived off.
- Less than 30 sec purchase experience including policy issuance. No documentation required.
- Original medical bills required.
This is product is purchased all customers of DBS Bank India Limited with age between 18 to 75 years.
The existing health insurance policy would only cover hospitalisation cost only, however under this policy one can claim even if the insured is not hospitalised but has been quarantined in a Government / Military Hospital / facility while undergoing COVID-19 treatment. This product works over and above the existing health insurance, no bills are required for claims.
This is an Individual Sum Insured policy. So if you select a Sum insured of Rs. 50,000 - it is applicable only to one person for whom the policy is bought.
If you are tested positive for COVID-19 from ICMR authorized centres along with certification from registered medical certificate – You're eligible for 100% of Sum Insured.
If you have been quarantined for at least 14 days in a Government / Military facility you will be eligible for 50% lumpsum.
Quarantine may be applied at an individual level or to a group or community of exposed persons in a Government / Military Hospital / Facility. It is the process of monitoring people who have been exposed to a contagious disease for signs and symptoms of that disease.
No, quarantine at home is not payable as per the terms and conditions of this policy.
Policy certificate will be received immediately through email after issuance of the policy.
No, this cover does not have any cash or surrender value.
Policy is renewable till such time the customer is associated with DBS Bank.
- Any Individual who have or had respiratory related symptoms like severe cough, respiratory diseases, breathlessness in the past 4 weeks or had a Pre-Existing condition of COVID-19 Infection.
- Individuals should not have travelled to China, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Mayalsia, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Italy and Iran since December 31st, 2019
- Individuals who have not suffered from any respiratory related symptoms like severe cough, respiratory diseases, breathlessness from last 4 weeks
This cover is applicable to domestic resident customers for hospitalisation in India for more than 24 hours.
This product can be only purchased by DBS Bank customer and their family members (a spouse and 2 children) only, no parents and parents-in-law. One can open digibank account instantly and purchase this product.