Health Insurance on the fly.
When a medical emergency strikes you should be thinking about your loved ones, not worrying about the costs. Wouldn’t it be great to have peace of mind and leave your savings untouched?
Now you can, with affordable health insurance on digibank. The policy covers a wide range of treatments and allows you to make tax savings of up to ₹25,000 in a financial year1. There are no medical tests, so you can get instant low-cost cover for yourself and your family right now on the digibank app.
With no medical tests required
Or get reimbursed for expenses
Pre-existing conditions covered
After three years
Available on 1860 425 0000
1. Subject to current tax laws. Under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, those who purchase a health insurance policy for themselves or their family can claim a tax deduction of up to ₹25,000.
Benefits of Health Insurance
- You’re covered for fees and expenses : 100% cover for surgeon and doctor fees; 30 days pre-hospitalisation expenses and 60 days post-hospitalisation expenses; ambulance charges up to ₹3000
- No need for overnight hospitalisation : certain day care treatments are covered
- Maternity coverage of ₹40,000 : after two years of continuous coverage (only available under a floater policy)
- The sum insured increases each year : 20% for every year without a claim (subject to a maximum increase of 50%)
How to Apply for Health Insurance
For digibank users
- Using the digibank mobile app
- Launch the app on your smartphone
- Log in and tap “Insurance” in the navigation menu
New to digibank?
- Download the digibank mobile app on your smartphone
- Launch the app and sign up for a full digiSavings account
- Log in and select “Insurance” in the navigation menu
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the Sum Insured amounts available
- Rs 2 Lac
- Rs 3 Lac
- Rs 5 Lac
- Rs 7 Lac
- Rs 10 Lac
- Cashless hospitalisation in approximately 4000 hospitals across India
- Cover from the date and time of premium payment
- Cover for accidents without any waiting period
- 100% cover for surgeon and doctor Fees
- Cover for day care procedures which do not require 24 hours hospitalisation
- 30 days pre-hospitalisation expenses
- 60 days post-hospitalisation expenses
- 30 days waiting period for diseases contracted during first 30 days of cover
- One year waiting period for treatment of cataract, benign prostatic hypertrophy, hysterectomy for menorrhagia or fibromyoma, hernia, hydrocele, fistula in anus, piles, sinusitis and related disorders
- 3 year waiting period for treatment of pre-existing diseases & complications
While the majority of your hospital expenses will be covered, this policy has permanent exclusions (which are applicable forever). These include:
- Pregnancy and its complications for an individual policy
- Outpatient treatment charges
- Dental treatments (unless hospitalisation is required)
- Cosmetic or weight management treatments or surgeries
- Injuries resulting from nuclear, biological, or chemical terrorism
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Alternative medical treatments that are not considered part of modern medicine , such as homeopathy
- Any hospitalisation arising from hazardous occupations or activities
- Treatment received outside of India
- Treatment for alcoholism or drug addiction
- Along with your Certificate of Insurance a plastic TPA card will be given to you
- The unique identification number of the policy and the TPA’s (Third Party Administrator) phone number will be printed on the card
- In the event of hospitalisation, please call the TPA and ask which nearby network hospital can provide cashless treatment
- In case of planned treatment, approach the hospital at least 72 hours before admission and show your TPA card, your identification details & doctor’s advice. In the unfortunate event of an emergency admission ensure you present the hospital with your TPA card within 48 hours of admission.
- If the medical condition for which treatment is proposed does not fall under any waiting period or permanent exclusion, then the TPA will send pre-authorisation to the hospital.
- Cashless treatment can then proceed.
- If the chosen hospital is not under the TPA network, all hospital bills must be settled by the insured and presented to Royal Sundaram at the below address along with a completed claim form and other relevant documents.
- Accident & Health Claims DepartmentRoyal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited,6th Floor, Vishranthi Melaram Towers, 2/319,Rajiv Gandhi Salai (OMR), Karapakkam,Chennai – 600 097
- In this scenario, please inform Royal Sundaram within 7 days from date of discharge
- If the medical condition for which treatment is proposed does not fall under any waiting period or permanent exclusion, then Royal Sundaram will process the claim and send a cheque in settlement.
- The claim documents for reimbursement should be submitted within 30 days from date of discharge from hospital.
View Terms and Conditions
Health Insurance in Digibank is a Group Health Policy underwritten and issued by Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited. Claims will be settled by Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited as per the respective terms and conditions of each of the policy. For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please refer to the policy annexure of the respective insurance plan and specific details applicable to each insurance plan. Your participation in this insurance product is purely on a voluntary basis. We advise you to take your own professional advice before you participate. The Group Health Policy of Royal Sundaram are approved by IRDAI vide UIN - IRDAI/NL-HLT/RSAI/P-H/V.I/184/13-14.
DBS Bank India Limited (IRDA of India Registration Number: CA 0257) having the Registered office at GF: Nos. 11 & 12 & FF - Nos.110 to 115, Capitol Point BKS Marg, Connaught Place, Delhi- 110001 is the Composite Corporate Agent of Tata AIA Life Insurance Company Limited (IRDA of India Regn. No.110) CIN: U66010MH2000PLC128403 having the Registered office/principal place of business at 14th Floor, Tower A, Peninsula Business Park, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai - 400013, Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance Company Limited (IRDA of India Regn.No.109) CIN: U99999MH2000PLC128110 having the Registered office address at One India bulls Centre, Tower 1, 16th Floor, Jupiter Mill Compound, 841, Senapati Bapat Marg, Elphinstone Road, Mumbai - 400013, Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company Limited (IRDA of India Regn.No.102) CIN: U67200TN2000PLC045611 having the Registered office address at No.21, Patullos Road, Chennai - 600002, Bharti Axa General Insurance Company Ltd. having the Registered office address at First Floor Hosto Centre, No. 43, Millers Road, Vasanth Nagar, Bangalore - 560052 and Go Digit General Insurance Limited and having its corporate office at Atlantis, 95, 4th B Cross Road, Koramangala Industrial Layout, 5th Block, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560095. ISNP Registration valid.
Participation by the Bank's client in the Insurance products is purely on a voluntary basis. Insurance products are underwritten and issued by Insurance companies. DBS Bank India Limited does not underwrite the risk or act as an insurer.