At a Glance
Mobile Banking is a free of cost service provided by the bank which enables you to make financial transactions on your mobile device. With digitalisation, banks are developing first-class mobile apps, and almost everyone holding an internet-enabled smartphone can avail of mobile banking facilities. The highly robust Mobile banking application security features eliminate fraudulent activities, thus making mobile banking a safe mode of transactions.
Features and Benefits of Mobile Banking
- With mobile banking applications, you can conduct basic transactions like fund transfers, checking statements, applying for a new cheque book, debit and/or credit card, etc., from the comfort of your home.
- You can transfer money, pay bills, invest in mutual funds etc., regardless of the time and location.
- Banks do not levy any additional costs or service charges for providing the Mobile Banking facility. You can freely download online banking apps from the application store.
- You can access your accounts and monitor all your transactions regularly.
Mobile Banking Registration Process
There are several ways to register for Mobile Banking or sometimes referred to as M Banking by some banks. The common factor is your mobile number since this is where you will receive OTPs and notifications.
ATM: Swipe your Debit or ATM Card in your nearest bank ATM and look for 'Mobile Banking Registration'. Follow the steps to register your mobile number.
- Download mobile banking app from the Google Play or iOS app store.
- The app will automatically detect your mobile number, and the next step is to log in.
- Enter your net banking user Id and password or set up a PIN by verifying your debit card details.
You can access online mobile banking by using the web browser on your phone.
Mobile Banking Safety Measures
- Ensure that you have SMS notifications turned on your phone to monitor and detect any suspicious transactions.
- You must not save your debit card or credit card details, CVV or PINs on your mobile device.
- In case of a lost mobile or change in the mobile number, call the customer care helpline, and inform your bank about the loss, so that it can block any inappropriate activities on your account.
- Ignore text messages or links you may receive in your messaging inbox, other than the official messages from your bank.
- Log in to the mobile banking apps only through secure servers like your home Wi-Fi. Avoid connecting your phone to unsecured public Wi-Fi networks.
- Ensure you download the mobile banking applications from authorised sources only.
- Clear your browsing history, temporary files, and cache regularly for both the website and your mobile.
- Lastly, do not forget to sign off after you finish using the mobile banking app and mobile net banking platform.
Mobile Banking Services offered in digibank by DBS Application
digibank by DBS is a digital bank you can squeeze into your phone. Unlike traditional bank accounts that involve unending paperwork, digibank by DBS activates your bank account within minutes and gives you access to a world of facilities.
- digibank by DBS has tied up with several brands to provide customers with discounts and cashback on their various spends. You can get special discount codes across fashion, wellness, entertainment, travel brands.
- digibank by DBS offers paperless and instant local and international fund transfers. You can send funds to foreign countries without an intermediator and initiate high-value transactions at nominal costs.
- digibank’s Universal Banking Remote enables you to manage all your other bank accounts under one secure, digital roof. With this feature, you can check balances and make inter and intra-bank transfers conveniently on a single platform.
- digibank by DBS offers attractive interest rates on Savings Accounts and Fixed and Recurring Deposit Accounts.
- With access to over 250 mutual funds, you can buy and sell mutual funds instantly.
- You can pay most of your utility bills from the mobile app. The auto-payment option ensures that your monthly bill gets paid on time.
- digibank also provides e-wallet services – a non-interest-bearing account that can be used as a wallet.
Do More, Live More with the Unbank
Open Instant digibank Savings Account in just a few minutes.
Fill your details and complete KYC.
Activate your digibank savings account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Since your registered mobile number receives OTPs, alerts and notifications, you can change your phone number from the app. Follow the steps to change the number.
Login to the digibank by DBS app> Menu > Profile Settings > Mobile number > PAN number > NEXT > Verify 6-digit OTP received on registered email id > Verify 6-digit OTP received on registered mobile number > Update your mobile number >Your number will be updated.