Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are divided into multiple sections. You can find these Terms and Conditions on the Banks’ Website.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before accepting.
You agree and understand that by clicking and accepting the Terms and Conditions for your RuPiZo app and RuPiZo services you confirm to have read, understood, acknowledged and accepted these Terms and Conditions to access and use the RuPiZo app as part of our RuPiZo Services.
These Terms and Conditions govern the access and use of the RuPiZo app and the semi-closed prepaid e-Wallet issued there under. Other Terms and Conditions may be applicable to certain specific services, products, promotional campaigns, offers or contests made available on the RuPiZo app by DBS either directly or through third party sites. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and other specific terms and conditions, then those specific terms will prevail to the extent of such services, products, offers or contests.
1. Definitions and Interpretations
The following words and phrases have the meaning set out below unless the context indicates otherwise:
Account: means and includes minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet or Full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet account as may be created from time to time or as the case may be.
Affiliate: means in relation to any person, any entity controlled, directly or indirectly, by the person, any entity that controls, directly or indirectly, the person or any entity directly or indirectly under common control with the person. For this purpose, "control" of any entity or person means ownership of a majority of the voting power of the entity or person.
Alert/Electronic Advice/Notification: means an electronic alert or a message, and includes in-app notification and/or SMS/email notification, sent to you on your registered mobile number/RuPiZo app/your registered email address.
Billing Organisations: means any Third Party billing organisation/s registered with digibank/our partner organisations to which payments can be made using your Account.
Cellular Service Provider hereafter referred to as "CSP": refers to the GSM/GPRS/EDGE/WI-FI/CDMA/DATA (2G 3G 4G) Service provider (for operation of Mobile Phones/Devices etc.).
CIF number: means unique customer identification code allocated by the Bank to each Customer for the purpose of identification.
Content: means and includes any information, images, links, sounds, graphics, video, software or other materials, including quotes, news and research data, made available through the RuPiZo app.
Debit Card or Virtual VISA Debit Card: means a virtual debit card available with your RuPiZo e-Wallet.
digibank, DBS, DBS Bank, Our, We and Us: means DBS Bank India Limited and its successors and assigns.
Participant/s: means any person, firm, company or organisation in India or otherwise which, from time to time, participates or is involved, directly or indirectly, in providing Electronic Services or any goods and services in relation to the Card.
RuPiZo app: means an application for a Mobile Device that can be downloaded by you from a designated location or application store.
RuPiZo Services: means all banking services, transactions, offers and other value added services as may be made available from time to time, carried out or availed by you through RuPiZo app.
RuPiZo e-Wallet: means a minimum KYC or full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet (as the case may be) product offered by digibank through the RuPiZo app which is a co-branded semi-closed prepaid payment instrument (non-interest bearing) issued by DBS Bank Ltd. in association with Nationwide Communication Private Limited.
Bill Payment: means a service provided through the RuPiZo app for making payment from your Account to Billing Organisations.
Electronic Instructions: means any communication, instruction, order, message, data, information or other materials received by us through the RuPiZo app using Security Codes.
Group: means and includes DBS Group Holdings Ltd and its subsidiaries, direct or indirect.
GST: means taxes including any goods and services tax, or other tax that may replace it or be levied in addition to it, by whatever name called.
Mobile Phone/Device: means the handset with requisite accessories, equipment attachments and other software which maybe owned/possessed by you and/ CSP.
MVisa/Bharat QR: means mobile based payment facility enabling customers holding VISA debit card to make merchant payments in India by scanning the Quick Response (QR) code and MVisa/Bharat QR merchant shall mean merchants accepting payment using MVisa/Bharat QR.
PIN: means the unique six (6) digit sequence of numbers, as may be prescribed by the Bank which is used to log in to the RuPiZo app.
Personal Information: refers to the personal information provided by you to the Bank while availing RuPiZo Services.
Providers: means and indicates any person or entity with whom DBS has a partnership for rendering RuPiZo Services either directly through the RuPiZo app or through third party sites or applications.
RBI: means the Reserve Bank of India.
Security Codes: means and includes PIN, personal or log-on identification numbers, One-Time-Passwords (OTP) and other codes and access procedures including short messaging service (SMS) for use in connection with access to and use of RuPiZo Services extended by us from time to time.
Security Devices: means any smartcards, tokens, electronic devices, hardware or any other equipment given by us to you from time to time in order to enable you to access and/or use RuPiZo Services.
Terms: means and includes these Terms and Conditions.
Third Party Provider/Third Party: means and indicates any person or entity with whom DBS has a partnership for rendering RuPiZo Services either directly through the RuPiZo app or through third party sites or applications.
Transaction: means any transaction or operation made or performed, processed or effected through RuPiZo app by you or any person purporting to be you, or any person purportedly acting on your behalf, with or without your consent, including:
- Any payment or fund transfer from the Account; and
- Any administrative function including without limitation the request for issuance of new Security Code
- Any other banking transaction that may be made available through RuPiZo app from time to time (including making bill payments)
Transaction History: indicates details of all the Transactions entered into or performed using the RuPiZo app.
User ID: means an identification string of numbers or alphabets through which you can access the RuPiZo app and the products and services offered on RuPiZo app.
Website: refers to the website https://www.dbs.com/digibank/in/
In these Terms and Conditions, unless the contrary intention appears:
- "You" and "your" or "Customer" mean the customer. "We", "our" and "us" refers to DBS Bank India Limited and its successors and assigns or to any "Affiliate" if any services are being provided by an Affiliate under these Terms and Conditions.
Any reference to:
- An "amendment" includes a supplement, modification, novation, replacement or re-enactment and "amended" is to be construed accordingly.
- An "authorisation" or "approval" includes an authorisation, consent, clearance, approval, permission, resolution, license, exemption, filing and registration.
- "Law" includes any constitution, statute, law, rule, regulation, notification, ordinance, judgment, order, decree, authorisation, or any published directive, guideline, requirement or governmental restriction having the force of law, or any determination by, or interpretation of any of the foregoing by, any judicial authority, whether in effect as of the date of registration or thereafter and each as amended from time to time.
A user (individually a "User" and collectively, "Users").
Singular includes the plural (and vice versa).
Headings in these Terms are inserted for convenience of reference only and are to be ignored in construing and interpreting the Terms.
Reference to the words "include" or "including" will be construed without limitation.
Reference to a gender will include references to the female, male and neuter genders.
2. Terms and Conditions applicable to minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet
This section is applicable only to Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet.
- You are an Indian citizen and Indian resident.
- You are over 18 years of age with capacity to contract in accordance with the applicable laws in India.
- You have a valid and active local mobile number registered in your name, a smart phone, and a valid and active email address of your own.
- You have downloaded the RuPiZo app on your Mobile Phone/Device.
- You acknowledge that DBS reserves the right to reject your request for RuPiZo app/ Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet without assigning any reason.
- You acknowledge that only one Account can be opened from one Mobile Phone/Device.
- Single Operations: An individual who fulfils the eligibility criteria mentioned above can open and operate Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet in his/her own name. Joint account or joint mandate for operation of Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet is not permitted.
- Only One Account per Individual: Each eligible individual can only open one Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet Account.
- Technology Dependent: Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet for selected content is handset/operating system dependent. RuPiZo app is currently available on iPhone with iOS 6 and above Android Phones with Android version 4.2 and above. The contents of the RuPiZo app are available only in English language. There will be no obligation on the Bank to support all versions of Mobile Phone software or other languages.
- Cash Withdrawal: Cash withdrawal from your Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet is not permitted.
- Cash Deposit: Cash deposit into your Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet is not permitted.
- Point of Sale: Point of Sale Transactions are not permitted using the Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet.
- MVisa/Bharat QR: Payments to MVisa/Bharat QR merchants using MVisa/Bharat QR facility available on your RuPiZo app.
- Transactions: Only Electronic Instructions can be provided. No cross border transactions i.e. no incoming and outgoing foreign exchange transactions are permitted through the RuPiZo app. The Virtual VISA Debit Card linked to your Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet Account can only be used to make payments on websites in India.
- Initial Funding: By opening a Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet Account, you will have access to a semi closed prepaid payment instrument. The initial funds transferred into the Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet Account will be from your existing bank account or permitted credit card account. Initial funding by a third party or by using a third party bank account is not permitted. You will be responsible for adherence to this requirement failing which DBS will have the right to close your account. The funds may be transferred using such modes as may be available from time to time.
2.3.1 You may use the Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet to:
- make payments at merchant websites in India by choosing the Debit Card.
- make bill payments and recharges through the RuPiZo app.
We may suspend or terminate the Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet and your use of the RuPiZo app with or without prior notice to you due to various reasons including:
- Non operation of Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet for such period as may be decided by the Bank as per its internal policy.
- Death, incapacity and/or incompetency of the Customer.
- More than one Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet Account has been opened by you.
- Providing false or incorrect information.
- Suspicious transactions while using Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet or the Debit Card.
- To protect the Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet, as the Bank may deem fit, from any anticipated damage to You or the Bank.
- Due to any other legal or regulatory requirements.
Where we have not given prior notice, we will as soon as be practicable give notice to you of such termination by such notification methods as we may choose, including through our Website or by giving notification through the RuPiZo app or via publication through any media. Such termination will be effective on and from the date specified in the notice.
If DBS decides to terminate the provision of the Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet, DBS will notify you and transfer the remaining balance from your Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet Account in accordance with the existing process and policy of DBS and the extant guidelines issued by RBI. Upon the balance in your Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet Account becoming zero, DBS will close your Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet Account.
If we are notified of death or incompetence of a Customer or of a restriction being placed on the Customer, DBS will suspend the Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet and stop all operations of Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet for that Customer. Any balance remaining in the Customer's Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet Account will be forfeited and will be dealt with at the absolute discretion of DBS Bank, subject to applicable regulations. DBS Bank will not be obliged to enter into any correspondence regarding the same. You agree that you, your legal heirs and administrators (as the case may be) will not hold DBS liable for any loss, damage or expenses arising out of or in connection with the remaining balance in your Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet Account.
Notwithstanding anything stated elsewhere, DBS Bank's right to suspend or terminate your access to and use of the RuPiZo app and the Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet will be without prejudice to any other rights or remedies which DBS Bank may have under these Terms or any other applicable terms set out by law.
Will you decide to terminate your use of the Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet:
- You will place an account closure request from the RuPiZo app and follow the instructions for closure. Prior to submission of the closure request, the balance in the account has to be transferred out and made zero.
- You understand that deletion of the RuPiZo app alone does not terminate the use of or close the Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet. If you delete the RuPiZo app without providing the necessary instructions to DBS as mentioned above, the remaining balance will continue to remain in your Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet Account for such period as may be applicable as per the policy of the Bank. Upon expiry of such period if the Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet Account remains non-operational, the amount lying in the same will be forfeited as per the policy of the Bank or as per RBI guidelines.
- You will not be entitled to any payment, compensation or damages from DBS in relation to the termination of your access to and use of the RuPiZo app and/or the Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet.
- You will have to close your Minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet in case of change of your email address and / or mobile number. Once the RuPiZo wallet is closed no amount by way of refund or otherwise will be credited into the RuPiZo wallet Account or in any other account within DBS or outside DBS.
3. Terms and Conditions applicable for Virtual VISA Debit Card for RuPiZo e-Wallet
The Terms and Conditions contained herein form a contract between You and DBS Bank India Limited You will be deemed to have unconditionally accepted these Terms and Conditions and accepted the onus of ensuring compliance with the relevant RBI Regulations, Exchange Control regulations of Reserve Bank of India ("RBI"), Foreign Exchange Management Act 1999 as may be amended or replaced from time to time and all the rules and regulations framed there under, by opening a RuPiZo e-Wallet Account
These Terms and Conditions will be in addition to and not in derogation of the Terms and Conditions relating to RuPiZo e-Wallet. You, while making use of any services/facilities relating to the Debit Card will at all times continue to be bound by the Terms and Conditions stipulated by DBS Bank India Limited from time to time for such services/facilities.
For the purposes of this Section, unless otherwise set out, the following terms will have the meaning as set out hereunder. Words denoting the singular include the plural and vice versa; words denoting the masculine gender include the feminine or neuter gender and vice versa; references to persons are to be construed as references to an individual, company or trust as the context requires and vice versa. Clause and other similar headings are for ease of reference and will not affect the interpretation of any provision herein. In this agreement, unless otherwise required:
- "Account" means and includes both RuPiZo e-Wallet
- "Account" means and includes both RuPiZo e-Wallet
- "Card Transaction" means any payment made or any amount charged for any goods, services and/or other benefits by, through or from the use of the Debit Card in signature or the PIN or in any other manner, regardless whether a sales draft or other voucher or form is signed by you and whether authorisation has been sought by us.
- "Card-Not-Present Transaction" means a Transaction effected in a merchant environment where the Card Member and the Card are not physically present at the time of usage. Typical Card-Not-Present transactions include but are not limited to internet-based transactions, mail, telephone or facsimile orders or reservations or recurring payments. All transaction for the Virtual VISA Debit Card will be Card-not-present Transactions.
- "RuPiZo app" means an application for Mobile Devices that can be downloaded by you from a designated location or application store.
- "Debit Card" with reference to RuPiZo e-Wallet refers to Virtual VISA Debit Card (a virtual Debit Card will be generated when you open a RuPiZo e-Wallet.
- "Electronic Services" means any banking and other services or facilities which we and/or any Participant may make available to you from time to time and offered via electronic means, including any card, electronic computerised or telecommunication devices or modes of operating accounts in or outside India, and where the context requires, also means any PIN and/or Card used to access Electronic Services.
- "GST" means any goods and services tax, including any tax of a similar nature that may replace it or be levied in addition to it, by whatever name called.
- "Information" means information regarding the money or other relevant particulars relating to you, or any User, or the Account or any Transaction.
- "International Transactions" refers to the transactions performed by you through the Debit Card outside India, Nepal and Bhutan.
- "Merchant" means any person, firm or corporation which enters into an agreement with the Bank, or any member or licensee of Master Card International, Visa International, or any other electronic service provider relating to the use and/or acceptance of a Card in payment to such person whether for goods, services or charges provided or incurred.
- "Participant" means any person, firm, company or organisation in India or otherwise which, from time to time, participates or is involved, directly or indirectly, in providing Electronic Services or any goods and services in relation to the Card.
- "PIN" means a PIN generated by the user in the RuPiZo app in relation to the use of the Card and/or access of Electronic Services.
- "Point of Sale/POS" transactions means transactions initiated at Merchants' point of sale terminals.
- "Spending Limit" means the maximum permissible limit prescribed by us in respect of total Card transactions effected in a day.
- "Terms and Conditions" mean these Terms and Conditions as amended or supplemented by us.
- "Transaction" means any transaction or instruction effected or issued, or purported to be effected or issued, by you through the Card and/or Electronic Services.
- "User" means you.
- You agree and accept the services that are being provided by us at your request to carry out online transactions through Virtual VISA Debit Card instructions on your RuPiZo e-Wallet account, as given by you. You hereby undertake that you will take all necessary precautions to prevent unauthorised and illegal use of the Virtual VISA Debit Card and unauthorised access to your RuPiZo e-Wallet Account.
- You have no objection whatsoever, that your billing details are provided to us by online shopping merchants.
- The Virtual VISA Debit Card can be used by you (unless otherwise specified by DBS Bank) at all Internet Websites in India which display the logos of the Bank/Visa/MasterCard/ and/or any other Shared Networks and/or agencies as may be recognised by DBS Bank from time to time and which have the facility of offering goods or services for purchase through Internet Websites in India.
- You agree that a valid Virtual VISA Debit Card will mean a debit card which is currently active on the system and not blocked or hot listed. If a Debit Card is hot listed or blocked, you will not be able to carry out any transactions with immediate effect.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the availability of the balance and accuracy of the amount and payment details.
- You agree that you will make payments as required by the online shopping merchant. You will not hold us responsible for the online shopping merchant rejecting the payment amount because of incorrect or incomplete entries or for any other reasons whatsoever. You agree that the record of the instructions given and transactions with us will be conclusive proof and binding for all purposes and can be used as conclusive evidence in any proceeding.
- You understand and acknowledge that only those websites /merchants accepting payments through MVisa/Bharat QR or who which offer a 3D secure or 2nd factor authentication will allow transactions done through the Virtual VISA Debit Card. You also understand and agree that the shared networks may provide different functionalities and service offerings that may require you to provide certain additional details to complete the online transaction.
- You agree that the said functionalities and service offerings by the shared networks will be advertised on the Internet Website of the merchant by displaying an additional logo/trademark/symbol.
- You agree that for the purpose of using the Debit Card for an internet purchase, you will provide the card number, Card Verification Value (CVV) security digits, expiry date of the Debit Card, and a One Time Password (OTP) which will be sent to your registered mobile number with us.You agree that for the purpose of using the Visa Virtual Debit Card to make payment to your merchant using MVisa/Bharat QR, you will login to your RuPiZo app, scan the relevant Quick Response (QR) code and authenticate using your Soft Token ID.
- You agree that unless (i) you enter the complete and correct data/information in the verification field/s in the internet website or (ii) you properly scan the QR code of your merchant,, you will not be able to complete your online transaction.
- In case you wish to cancel a completed transaction due to an error or on account of agreed merchandise return, the earlier transaction must be cancelled at the internet website and an electronic copy of the cancelled receipt must be retained in your possession.
- Reversal/refund of debits due to such transactions will be processed manually and the electronic copy of the cancelled receipt needs to be produced by you, if called for.
- You agree that all refunds due to non-delivery of goods or services/rejection of the goods or services will be done at the request of the online shopping merchant only. In case of refunds, we will not refund payment processing charges levied, if any, on you for processing of the transaction.
- You agree that without prejudice to anything contained anywhere in these Terms and Conditions, we will be under no liability, whatsoever, to you, in respect of any loss or damage arising, directly or indirectly, out of (a) any defect in any goods or services supplied; (b) the refusal of any merchant to honour or accept the payment through Debit Card; (c) the malfunction of any computer terminal, any delay/technical failures; (d) sharing of access details of your account by you or any third party to any unauthorised person; (e) Any misstatement, misrepresentation, error or omission in any details disclosed to us by you; or (f) Any discrepancy between the amount required to be paid by the respective merchant(s) and the instructions given by you. or (g) inability of your Mobile Device to scan the QR code; or (viii) failure of the merchant to raise cancellation/refund request.
- You agree that we will not be responsible for any dealings that you may have through internet websites, including but not limited to the supply of goods and services. It must be distinctly understood by you that this Debit Card facility is purely a facility for you to purchase goods and/or make use of services, and we hold out no warranty or make no representation about the quality, delivery or otherwise of the merchandise.
- You agree that for reasons that the internet website is not capable of accepting all the details required by us and/or the shared networks to complete the online transaction, the said transaction will not be treated as complete and in which case we will not be held liable for any incomplete/unprocessed/rejected transactions.
- You agree that on completion of the online purchase transaction, the amount for which you make an online purchase will be debited from RuPiZo e-Wallet linked to the Debit Card immediately.
- You agree that we will not be held responsible for the delivery of any item purchased by you or the condition of the item when it is delivered. Our role is restricted to provision of information and payment services only. All disputes regarding delivery/condition of goods are to be taken up directly with the concerned merchant. We will not, in any way, be responsible for merchandise, merchandise warranty or services purchased, or availed of by you from Merchant Establishments, including on account of delay in delivery, non-delivery, non-receipt of goods or receipt of defective goods by you.
- You agree that will you have any complaints concerning any transaction placed through internet website, the matter will be resolved by you with the concerned merchant and failure to do so will not relieve you from any obligations to us. We accept no responsibility for any surcharge levied by any internet website and the same being debited to your Account with the transaction amount. You will at all times take all appropriate steps, including those as mentioned herein, to maintain the security of the Card and other details pertaining to your Debit Card.
- You agree that any dispute or claim regarding the merchandise must be resolved by you with the merchant the existence of the claim or dispute will not relieve you of your obligation to pay all the charges and you agree to pay promptly such charges, notwithstanding any dispute or claim, whatsoever. Any financial liability arising out of any dispute and/or fraudulent internet transaction will rest solely on you and may result in cancellation of the Debit Card and we will not be held liable for the same.
- In case of any dispute, we reserve the right to suspend any merchant/master merchant either temporarily or permanently. During this period, the Debit Card facility will not work for all such suspended merchants.
- We reserve the right to change, at any time, these Terms and Conditions, features and benefits offered to you including, without limitation to, changes which affect existing balances or rates and methods of calculation. You agree that charges, if any, for the Debit Card facility and related services will be at our sole discretion and will be at the liberty to vary the same from time to time. We will communicate all the amended Terms and Conditions by hosting the same on our website, or in any other manner as decided by the Bank. You will be liable for all charges incurred and all other obligations under these revised Terms. You will be responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms and Conditions including amendments thereto as may be posted on the website and will be deemed to have accepted the amended Terms and Conditions by continuing to use the direct debit facility.
- We may, at our sole discretion, utilise the services of external service provider/s or agent/s and on such terms as required or necessary, in relation to the products/services made available by us.
- You agree that we will at our own discretion withdraw at any time the Debit Card facility, or any services provided hereunder, in respect of any or all the account(s) without assigning any reason whatsoever, without giving you any notice.
- You agree that you will not use the Virtual VISA Debit Card facility/services for any mail order/phone order purchases and any such usage will be considered as unauthorised and you will be solely responsible.
You must notify us immediately if (a) the Debit Card is used by any other person or (b) any other event occurs which will, under these Terms and Conditions, allow us to suspend or cancel the use of Debit Card or the Electronic Services.
You may notify us of the loss/theft of mobile or unauthorised use by hotlisting the Debit Card from the RuPiZo app or call our 24 hour Customer Service Hotline at 18002103456 or by notifying us in writing by visiting the DBS Bank branch nearest to you during the working hours on working days of the Branch or such other modes as may be acceptable to the Bank.
- Phishing/account takeover - Any fraudulent loss or damage arising due to Information obtained by unauthorised access to sensitive information such as usernames, passwords/PINs and any card details by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication which is not owned, operated or contracted by the Insured or the Insured's Bank Card processor.
- The policy covers all online fraudulent utilisation of debit Cards using the authorised CVV (Card Verification Value Code) issued to You by the Bank.
- Covers Liability arising out of any loss or damage of Card transactions using the authorised PIN issued to You by the Bank.
- Reporting Period - 2 days pre-reporting and 7 days’ post reporting
- PIN based transactions are not covered.
- The Company will not make any payment for any claim directly or indirectly arising from, or occasioned by, or due to:
- Loss incurred by You because of misuse of debit card at any site not having authorised VeriSign Security status or any other equivalent security status at any point in time for the entire period of the insurance.
- Any failed/duplicate/declined transactions by host website/authorised bank
- Any errors made by the host website/authorised bank. Internet Banking Frauds is defined as fraudulent transactions being made on the internet by use of lost/stolen cards.
This is a chargeable service provided by Visa. Card Members can receive assistance from Visa Global Customer Assistance Service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. GCAS can be used for lost/stolen card reporting, emergency cash assistance or miscellaneous information that you may require overseas. Please refer to the website www.visa-asia.com for the GCAS toll free numbers.
Please note that the services are presently charged as Miscellaneous Customer Service Inquiries: US $ 5 per Inquiry and Lost/Stolen Card reporting: Free. Please also note that these charges may vary from time to time.
Following these simple guidelines will ensure that using your Debit Card is a pleasant experience.
- Treat your Debit Card in the same way you treat cash. Keep it with you at all times and never leave it unattended.
- Your Debit Card is for your exclusive use only. Never reveal or surrender your personal identification number (PIN) to anyone. We recommend that you change the PIN to a number of your choice as soon as possible and thereafter at regular intervals. Please note that your PIN can be changed on the RuPiZo app. In case if you suspect that your card has been used fraudulently, as a first measure – block the card in the RuPiZo app. In case you cannot access the app, call the Customer Service Number at 18002670145. It is imperative that you read the Debit Card Terms and Conditions before using your Debit Card. Please refer to the schedule of service charges for details of applicable charges and fees.
Virtual VISA Debit Card is not valid for foreign currency transactions in Nepal and Bhutan (i.e. in any currency that is not the local currency or the Indian Rupee).
We will be under no liability whatsoever and will be deemed to be indemnified in respect of a loss or damage arising directly or indirectly out of the decline of a charge caused by you having exceeded the foreign exchange entitlements as prescribed by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) as issued from time to time, on us becoming aware of your exceeding the entitlements.
The multi-lingual Visa Emergency Assistance Services Programme offers worldwide emergency referral assistance to Visa Card Members when travelling overseas. These include a wide range of legal, medical and other services. The communications and arrangements of services of the emergency assistance programme are provided by a third-party service provider and are paid for by Visa International and you are responsible for the cost of any/all medical, legal or other services used. Assistance is provided on best effort and may not be available due to problems of time, distance or locations. The medical and/or legal professionals suggested and/or designated by Visa International are not employees of Visa International and therefore, they are not responsible for the availability, use, acts, omissions or results of any medical, legal or transportation services. The Bank does not accept any responsibility for the arrangement or the use of such services.
Even if we have agreed otherwise in any other agreement relating to the Account either with you alone or with any other person(s); we will be entitled to retain the balance on any/all your Account/s for up to seven (7) days after the date when your Account is closed or terminated (whether by you or by us). Our rights under this Agreement will not cease after the termination of the Account/s; and we have the right to continue debiting your Account/s with overdraft charges (if any) and/or Debit Card transactions effected before or after the closure or termination of the Account. Your liability (and the liability of all other persons, if any, in whose name the Account is maintained) to us under this Agreement for any balance due to us will continue.
The annual fees, if any, for the Debit Card will be debited from Account linked to the Debit Card on application/renewal at the Bank's prevailing rate. These fees are non-refundable.3.14.2 Statutory/Regulatory Charges or Fees
Any government charges, duty or debits, or tax payable as a result of the use of the Debit Card will be your responsibility and if imposed upon the Bank (either directly or indirectly) or in respect of any amount required to be paid under this Agreement, the Bank will debit such charges, duty or tax from the Account.3.14.3 Other Charges
In addition to the above, we may also debit your Account and/or any Account you maintain with us where applicable for the following charges including but not limited to:
- Administrative fees for production of documents, or documents relating to your Debit Card.
- Service charge/administration fees for any action taken by us in carrying out any of your instructions and/or requests relating to your RuPiZo e-Wallet Account, whether such service or action is referred to or contemplated in these Terms and Conditions or otherwise.
- Charges, fees and payments for the provision and/or use (authorised or unauthorised) of Electronic Services and any other liabilities to, and loss suffered by, us as a result of the provision and/or use of Electronic Services.
- There may be separate service charges levied for such facilities as may be announced by the Bank from time to time and deducted from the Account.
- You also authorise the Bank to deduct from your Account, and indemnify the Bank against any expenses it may incur in collecting money owed to it by you in connection with the Debit Card (including without limitation reasonable legal fees). In addition to the minimum balance stipulation the digibank may levy service and other charges for use of the Debit Card, which will be notified to you from time to time.
We may at our discretion vary the rate or amount of any charge, fee or overdraft rate payable under this Agreement by prior communication to you. A period will be specified after which you will be deemed to have accepted the change and the revised charges/fees will become applicable. Details of the applicable fees and charges as stipulated by the Bank will be displayed on the Website and/or at the branches.3.14.5 Levy and Recovery of Charges
The Bank reserves the right to charge and recover from you, service charges for providing and utilising the Visa International Debit Card. You hereby authorise the Bank to recover the service charges by debiting the Account or any other account/s you may hold. Your failure to do so will result in recovery of the service charges by the Bank in a manner that the Bank may deem fit along with applicable interest, and/or suspension of Visa International Debit Card, without any liability to the Bank.
We may suspend or terminate your Debit Card or Account or your usage of Electronic Services at any time with/without having to give any reasons or notice. Upon termination, you will not use or attempt to use the Debit Card. Any such use will be fraudulent. If the use of the Debit Card is terminated by us for any reason, you must disable (in case of the Virtual VISA Debit Card) or return the Visa International Debit Card to us cut in half through the magnetic strip. There will be no refund of any fees payable upon the termination of the Debit Card for any reason.3.15.2 Your Right to Terminate
You may terminate your Debit Card or your use of Electronic Services at any time by disabling the Virtual VISA Debit Card. You may also terminate this Agreement by giving us written notice and (if applicable) disabling the Debit Card, as the case may be. Upon termination, you will not use or attempt to use the PIN and/or Debit Card. Any such use will be considered fraudulent.3.15.3 Obligations Upon Termination
Upon the termination of your Account for whatever reason, you will not continue to use your Debit Card. Your obligations under this Agreement will continue and we will remain entitled to debit the Account you maintain with us for any Transactions that are carried out before or after the termination of your Account. Until such transactions and any overdraft charges that may be imposed in the manner stipulated in Clause 5.25.2 above are paid in full, you (and any other person, if any, in whose name the Account is maintained) will remain liable to us.3.15.4 Liability of Debit Card Member
You will be liable for, and will pay, us, on demand, the balance due to us on your Account, including all charges debited to your Account in accordance with this Agreement or any other agreement between you (whether alone or jointly with any other person or persons) and us.
You will indemnify us against any liability, loss, damage, including solicitor and client costs and expenses (legal or otherwise) which we may sustain or incur, directly or indirectly, by reason of our having made available the Debit Card or the Electronic Services or having entered into this Agreement with you or enforcement of our rights under this Agreement or in acting upon any instructions which you may give in relation to the Debit Card or the Electronic Services or any negligence, fraud and/or misconduct on your part or on the part of any agents or representatives of yours or your breach of this Agreement, fraudulent/unauthorised/duplicate/erroneous use/misuse of the Debit Card and/or PIN.
We are not liable in any way:
- should your Debit Card(s) or PIN(s) be rejected by a merchant or any terminal used to process Debit Card transactions or if we refuse for any reason to authorise any Debit Card transaction;
- for any malfunction, defect or error in any terminal used to process Debit Card transactions, or other machines or system of authorisation whether operated by us or other persons;
- for any delay or inability on our part to perform any of our obligations under this Agreement or otherwise if such delay or inability arises from a failure of, or any unauthorised and/or unlawful access to any machine, data processing system, transmission link or arising from any electronic, mechanical system, data processing or telecommunication defect or failure, power and electricity failure, act of God, civil disturbance, war or warlike hostilities, civil commotions, riots, blockades, embargoes, sabotage, strikes, lockouts, fire, flood, shortage of material or labour, delay in deliveries from sub-contractors or any event outside our control or the control of any of our agents or contractors or any fraud or forgery or;
- for our compliance with any instruction given or purported to be given by you relating to Electronic Services, notwithstanding that the integrity of the information comprised in such instruction may have been compromised or impaired during transmission, provided that such compromise or impairment will not have been apparent to a reasonable person receiving such instruction;
- if you are deprived of the use of any Electronic Services as a consequence of any action by us and/or any Participant; or
- any Electronic Service not being available due to system maintenance or breakdown/non availability of any network; or
- for any equipment or software providers, any service provider, any network providers (including but not limited to telecommunications providers, Internet browser providers and Internet access providers), any Participant, or any agent or subcontractor of any of the foregoing.
In any event, we are not liable for anything done or omitted to be done except in the case of our gross negligence or wilful default.3.16.2 Problems with Goods and Services
We are not liable in any way should you encounter any problems with the goods and services that you obtain through the use of your Debit Card or Electronic Services nor are we responsible for any benefits, discounts or programmes of any merchant that we make available to you. Notwithstanding the non-delivery or non-performance or defects in any such goods and services, we will be entitled to debit your Account you maintain with us for the full amount pursuant to that Debit Card Transaction. You will settle any dispute directly with the provider of the goods and services.3.16.3 No Liability for Consequential Loss
Neither we nor any Participant will be responsible in any way for any direct, indirect, special or consequential, economic or other damages arising in any way from the provision and/or use of Electronic Services or your usage of the Debit Card.3.16.4 No Liability for Debit Card-Not-Present Transactions
We may, in our discretion and without giving prior notice approve or authorise such Card-Not-Present transactions in which event you will be liable for all Card-Not-Present transactions effected through the use of your Debit Card for any reason. We will not be liable to you in any way for any authorisation done in connection with Card-Not-Present transactions.3.16.5 Conclusiveness of Documents and Certificates
Any of our records relating to Debit Card Transactions authorised by your PIN are conclusive evidence of their accuracy and authenticity and will be binding on you for all purposes.3.16.6 Electronic Services
You may use your Debit Card and/or PIN for effecting authorised transactions, including Card Not Present transactions made by using Virtual VISA Debit Card (domestic internet purchase transactions), and/or for utilising other Electronic Services. No other person is allowed to use the Debit Card and/or PIN to make any transactions. We may determine at our sole discretion the facilities that you may utilise using your PIN. Should we decide to, we may also modify any such facilities at our sole discretion.
You will not record the PIN in any form so as to avoid the possibility of the PIN becoming known to a third party. You grant express authority to DBS Bank for carrying out transactions and instructions authenticated by the PIN and will not revoke the same. DBS Bank has no obligation to verify the authenticity of the transaction instruction sent or purported to have been sent from you other than by means of verification of the PIN.3.16.7 Use of Debit Card
You undertake not to use the Debit Card for making payment for any illegal purchases i.e. purchases of items/services not permitted by law and RBI as per extant regulations.
You agree to hold us harmless if any other person obtains possession of the PIN. You will safeguard any PIN generated by you and follow every procedural, security and other requirement and notice of ours and/or the relevant Participant regarding their use, or, as the case may be, you will comply with the provisions of this clause regarding any PIN. You will notify us immediately if:
- Any DBS PIN is disclosed to any person.
- Any Debit Card is used by any other person.
- Any other event occurs which will, under the terms of this Agreement, allow us to suspend or cancel the use of Electronic Services. After receipt of any such notice purporting to come from you, we may suspend or cancel your use of Electronic Services at any time.
You will notify us immediately (through the RuPiZo app or any other mode as may be available) if any other event occurs which will, under the terms of this Agreement, allow us to suspend or cancel the use of Electronic Services. After receipt of any such notice purporting to come from you, we may suspend or cancel your use of Electronic Services at any time.
4. Terms and Conditions applicable for full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet
Upon upgrading to Full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet, the minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet Account is converted into Full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet. This section is only applicable to Full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet if you upgrade from minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet to Full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet.
- You have a valid and active minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet Account.
- You have a valid Aadhaar number.
- You have a valid Permanent Account Number.
- You will have successfully completed e-KYC through biometric authentication through business facilitators and have complied with all other requirements including KYC requirements as may be specified by us for Full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet.
- Your sole purpose of upgrading is to purchase goods and services with the use of RuPiZo e-Wallet and not for the purpose of business/trading/professional/profit making activity.
- You acknowledge that only one Account can be opened from one Mobile Phone/Device.
Single Operations: An individual who fulfils the eligibility criteria mentioned above can open and operate Full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet on his/her own. Joint account or joint mandate for operation of Full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet is not permitted.
Cheque Book: No Cheque Book will be provided.
Technology Dependency: Full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet for selected content is handset/operating system dependent. This service is currently available on iPhone with iOS 6 and above and Android Phones with Android version 4.2 and above. There will be no obligation on the Bank to support all the versions of the Mobile Phone software.
Transactions: Only Electronic Instructions will be provided. No outgoing cross border foreign exchange transactions are permitted through the RuPiZo app or the Virtual VISA Debit Card.
Minimum Balance: No minimum balance required.
Maximum Balance: The maximum credit balance cannot exceed Rs.1,00,000/- at any point of time.
You confirm that you have authorised Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to share your details with DBS.
You hereby state that you have no objection in authenticating yourself with Aadhaar based authentication system and consent to providing your Aadhaar number, biometric and/or one-time password (OTP) data for Aadhaar based authentication for the purposes of using RuPiZo Services from DBS.
You understand that the biometrics and/or OTP you provide for authentication will be used for authenticating your identity through the Aadhaar Authentication system for the purpose of using RuPiZo Services. You understand that DBS will ensure security and confidentiality of your personal identity data provided for the purpose of Aadhaar based authentication.
In case your name as reflected in Aadhaar is different from that as reflected on your PAN Card, the details as per Aadhaar will be taken on record. Any changes to your demographic details (as available on your Aadhaar Card) need to be made through UIDAI only.
Withdrawal: Withdrawals from Full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet is not allowed.
Interest: The credit balance in your Full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet does not earn any interest.
You can access your transaction history in the RuPiZo app. DBS Bank reserves the right to rectify discrepancies, if any, at any point in time. You should examine the transaction history on a regular basis and highlight to us if you find any discrepancy. Any discrepancy in the Transaction History should be informed to the Bank as soon practicable but no later than thirty (30) days of transaction value date. If you delay in examining the Transaction History or in reporting a discrepancy or problem, it may affect our ability to rectify the discrepancy or resolve the problem, and you will be liable for the losses that may occur. You further confirm/declare that any lapse, omission, or negligence on your part to notify us about any such doubtful debit/payment/withdrawal in time, will not render us liable for any consequences resulting therefrom.
In addition, we reserve the right, without prior notice to you, to add and/or alter the entries in the Transaction History and transaction advices, deposit advices and records.
Without prejudice to the foregoing, at our discretion, we may, upon your request, allow you to receive an Electronic Advice in respect of Content provided by us from time to time. An Electronic Advice maybe be delivered by email, through Mobile Devices and/or other electronic means subject to the relevant terms and charges of your or any Third Party's network, telecommunication or Mobile Phone service provider(s).
You agree and acknowledge that an Electronic Advice may be delayed or prevented by factors affecting the service providers and other relevant entities and we do not guarantee the delivery, time lines or accuracy of the Electronic Advice or Content.
You also acknowledge that Electronic Advice may be subject to certain time lags and/or delays.
We reserve the right to vary the features of any Electronic Advice and to suspend or terminate an Electronic Advice service at any time. We will not be liable to you or anyone else for losses, damages or expenses arising from (a) non-delivery, delayed delivery or wrong delivery of an Electronic Advice; (b) inaccurate or inadequate content; or (c) use or reliance by you or any third party on the contents of an Electronic Advice for any purpose, including investment and business purposes. No warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, adequacy, currency or reliability is given in respect of the Content. We further do not warrant the security of any information transmitted to you through Electronic Advice. You acknowledge and accept the risk of the Electronic Advice being accessed by unauthorised third parties.
The data or information relating to Accounts provided by us (transaction history etc.) via RuPiZo Services may not be conclusive as to the latest current balance as certain transactions may have been made without the relevant entry being made in time when the data or information was provided. The data or information provided is therefore not binding except where expressly stated. Further, the information provided to you through RuPiZo app is not updated continuously but at regular intervals.
At our discretion, we may, upon your request, allow you to receive specific and timely prompts (collectively, the "Alerts") in respect of certain Content provided by us from time to time. Each Alert may be notified by email, pop-up screen in your browser and/or Mobile Devices subject to the relevant terms and charges of your network or Mobile Phone service provider(s). You agree and acknowledge that an Alert may be delayed or prevented by factors affecting the service providers and other relevant entities and we do not guarantee the delivery, timeliness or accuracy of the Alert. You also acknowledge that the information in respect of any Alert may be subject to certain time lags and/or delays. We reserve the right to vary the features of any Alert and/or to terminate any request for any Alert at any time.
We will not be liable to you or anyone else for losses, damages or expenses arising from
- Non-delivery, delayed delivery or wrong delivery of an Alert;
- Inaccurate or incomplete content of an Alert; or
- Use or reliance by you on the contents of an Alert for any purpose, including investment and business purposes.
DBS Bank will execute a payment order/instruction issued and duly authenticated by you, unless:
- The funds available in your Full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet are not adequate or properly applicable to comply with the payment order/instruction and you have not made any other arrangement to meet the payment obligation.
- The payment instruction is incomplete or it is not issued in the agreed form.
- The payment instruction is attached with notice of any special circumstances.
- DBS Bank has reason to believe that the payment instruction is issued to carry out an unlawful transaction or not in line with customer’s profile as may be determined by the Bank.
- The payment instruction cannot be executed on account of a court order/attachment etc.
- Funds transfer can be executed only through IMPS.
- No payment order issued by you will be binding on DBS Bank until DBS Bank has accepted it. DBS Bank will inform you through such modes as may be available as soon as practicable the reasons for non-acceptance of the payment instructions.
- DBS Bank will, upon execution of every payment order executed by it, be entitled to debit your Full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet, the amount of the funds transferred together with charges payable thereon. In case of an excess payment due to the Bank by you on account of this activity, the Bank reserves the right to adjust the amount against future balance in your Full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet.
- If the any payment instruction is not complete before the end of the timing specified by you, DBS Bank may notify you through such modes as may be available.
- The Bank can immediately close the RuPiZo e-Wallet before activation and will not be obligated to provide reason for closure of such accounts if found that the information provided by the Customer was incorrect or not meeting DBS KYC policies during minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet opening or upgrading to Full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet. An email will be sent to customer advising him to visit the nearest branch to collect the credit balance, if any, available in the Account.
- Change in Mobile Number: Customer cannot change his mobile number registered at the time of opening minimum KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet. If the Bank wishes to enable customers to change mobile numbers, the same will be communicated to the customers.
- Loss of Mobile: In case of loss of mobile, the Customer can download the RuPiZo app on the new handset and access Full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet Services.
DBS Bank may at its absolute discretion be entitled to close any Full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet/s with or without giving 30 days' notice to this effect to you. DBS Bank will not be liable for any consequences arising out of such closure of any Full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet.
On closure of the Full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet, if there is any credit balance in the Full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet, the same can be claimed by visiting nearest Bank branch after submission of necessary KYC document/s and other information as may be prescribed by the Bank.
If you wish to close your Full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet, you need to zeroise your Account and then place a request for Account closure.
- You may close the Full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet at any time with notice to DBS Bank. However, DBS Bank will be entitled to refuse the closing of your Account till such time all charges, interest, expenses, dues etc. payable by you to DBS Bank have been paid in full. Notwithstanding the above, the Full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet may be closed at your request and in case any payment mandate issued by you is presented to us after the closure, you will alone be responsible if the payment mandate is returned or dishonoured on account of such closure. You will indemnify and keep us indemnified against any loss or damage that we may suffer on account of closure of your Full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet such as for charges caused due to dishonour of your payment instruction.
Without prejudice to DBS Bank's right to claim from any of your funds/assets/account(s) in DBS Bank's possession or care, you hereby unconditionally, irrevocably and without demur agree and undertake to immediately pay DBS Bank, in such manner as specified, upon the Bank's written demand and without cavil or argument any sum or sums so claimed.
DBS Bank reserves the right to close your account in case of irregular/improper conduct of the Account including but not limited to non-maintenance of stipulated minimum balances, etc.
Please note that in the following cases the Bank at its discretion may be constrained to suspend, partially or wholly, RuPiZo app/ RuPiZo e-Wallet.
- No customer induced debits will be permitted if the Full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet is non-operational continuously for a period of one year unless you approach the Bank and complete verification requirements.
- No customer induced debit and credit will be permitted, if Full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet has been non-operational for a period of two years and above, unless you complete KYC verification/re-verification requirements defined by the Bank for Full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet.
- In case of incomplete KYC verification, biometric authentication not being completed as per RBI and the Bank's internal policies or incomplete or incorrect information provided by the Customer.
- If you do not regularly update (preferably every six months) your personal information and confirm the status/KYC verification.
- To protect the Account, as the Bank may deem fit, from any anticipated damage to You or the Bank.
- If there is no customer induced transactions for one (1) year, the account will be termed as "Inactive" and in case of two (2) years it will be termed as "Dormant" and in case of ten (10) years it will be termed as "Unclaimed". For Dormant and Unclaimed status accounts customer will have to complete KYC verification as per the Bank's policy for activation of the Account.
5. Other general terms
Each Customer will be allocated a unique CIF number for identification at the Bank level. The Bank will endeavour to provide to you through RuPiZo Services such services as the Bank may decide from time to time. The Bank reserves the right to make additions/deletions and decide the type of services that any particular category of customer may be offered on each Account and the same may differ from category to category. As on this date, RuPiZo services are available only through the RuPiZo app. You acknowledge that you cannot change your email address or mobile number provided at the time of opening/upgrading RuPiZo e-Wallet. You agree that the Bank may decline Customers’ request to open RuPiZo e-Wallet or avail RuPiZo Services, if the Customer doesn’t meet the internal policy/requirement/criteria of the Bank.
RuPiZo Services are provided for your convenience. You make use of the facility at your own risk. Certain services which we offer are only available if you request for such services in the manner prescribed and the use of these services offered or made available to you, within or through the RuPiZo app/Website may be subject to additional Terms and Conditions ("Additional Terms") that we may notify you of, from time to time, by such notification methods as we may choose, including through the RuPiZo app or our Website or via publication through any media. Such Additional Terms will be effective on and from the date specified in the notice. You may be required to indicate your acceptance of the Additional Terms prior to use of those services.
digibank may provide you with various promotional offers/campaigns/contests. digibank may cancel, suspend or vary any of the promotional offers/campaigns/contests at any time without prior notice or assigning reason to you. If any disagreement or dispute arises from the promotional offer/campaign/contest between you and digibank, the decision of digibank shall be final. digibank shall bear no responsibility or liability whatsoever in respect of any matter arising from or in connection with products and/or services provided by the merchants involved in the promotional offers/campaigns/contests and/or any information provided by the merchants to you directly or through the digibank. You shall direct any dispute or complaint in respect of such products and/or services to the relevant merchant. Additional Terms with respect to the specific promotional offer/campaign/contest shall apply in addition to these Terms and Conditions.
We collect information from or about the Mobile Phone/Device where you install or access our RuPiZo Services, depending on the permissions you’ve granted. You authorise us to associate the information we collect from your Mobile Phone/Device to authenticate you and to provide consistent RuPiZo Services to you.5.1.1 Loading funds into your RuPiZo e-Wallet
You may load funds into your RuPiZo e-Wallet Account through netbanking, VISA/MasterCard debit card, credit card or such other channels that DBS may allow from time to time.
Loading of the RuPiZo e-Wallet Account by netbanking, VISA/MasterCard debit card, credit card is instant subject to there being no technical errors or non-availability of the platform. If DBS has received funds pursuant to any failed transaction to load your RuPiZo e-Wallet Account, DBS will reverse the transaction within seven (7) days of such failed transaction. You agree that DBS will not be liable for any loss of interest or liability due to any such failed transaction
The balance in the Account can be used by you for various purposes including money transfer, recharge, and payment for purchase of goods or services from any merchant/Third Party that is associated/registered with digibank for RuPiZo Services. Use of the Account represents a payment instrument used for the above purpose and does not represent sale, resale, or licensing any of the products or the services that digibank reviews, lists, or advertises on its websites/app, and DBS disclaims any responsibility for or liability related to them.
For your convenience, RuPiZo Services may include, refer to or make available hyperlinks to other websites or content on the internet that are owned or operated by Third Parties. Such linked websites or content are not under DBS control. We are neither responsible for the contents of or the consequences of accessing such linked website, nor for any goods or services provided through any such linked websites. Hyperlinks to any other websites or content are not an endorsement or verification of such websites or content and you agree that your access to or use of such linked websites or content is entirely at your own risk.
In respect of Third Party products and services, your correspondence or related activities with Third Parties, including payment transactions and goods-delivery transactions, are solely between you and that third party. Under no circumstances will DBS be construed to be a party to any Transaction, if any, between you and any third party products or services provider. We do not endorse, sponsor, certify, and are not involved in the provision of such third party products or services and we will not be liable for the same. You will not involve us in any claims against or dispute with such third party. Any questions, complaints, or claims related to any Third Party product or service will be directed to the appropriate Third Party.
DBS may provide additional features and services which can be accessed using the RuPiZo app. These additional features and/or services are for your convenience and ease. You acknowledge that any feature which provides analysis or assistance is based on Transaction history, operation of the Account data, information and content available on the RuPiZo app and may not reflect a completely accurate picture since all factors related to such analysis may not be available to digibank. DBS will not be held responsible or liable for any decisions made based on such data and analysis. Neither we, the Providers nor the Affiliates will be liable to you (whether based on an action or claim in contract, negligence, tort or otherwise) for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on or use of any Content. All Content is made available for information purposes only, except where expressly provided otherwise. Specifically, such Content is not intended nor will it be construed as financial, tax or other advice or as an offer, solicitation or recommendation of securities or other financial products. You acknowledge and agree that the Content is provided by DBS for your personal use and you undertake not to redistribute or transmit all or any of the Content to any third party (whether free of charge or for consideration, in any manner or form whatsoever), without our prior written consent. If some content is uploaded by you on the RuPiZo app you will be responsible for such content and you will ensure that such uploaded content does not contravene any applicable law/s in force.
You may make a bill payment/s from your RuPiZo app to certain Billing Organisations.
The Bill Payment facility is subject to the following:
- You acknowledge and recognise that DBS is merely providing a platform for Bill Payment facility at your request.
- DBS reserves the right to add or remove a Billing Organisation in the RuPiZo app at any time.
- In order to make a bill payment, you will be required to enter the identification details, relevant consumer reference number and such other details as may be required by each Bill Payment transaction and you will be responsible for the accuracy of the details provided.
- You also agree to inform DBS of any change in identification details as registered with the Billing Organisation through the RuPiZo app.
- You consent to the Billing Organisation disclosing your billing details to DBS.
- While DBS will take all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the billing details, it will not be liable for a bill payment/s with incorrect details including late payment charges, loss, duplicate or incorrect payments made from your Account. You will not hold DBS responsible for any loss, damages, etc. that may be incurred/suffered by you if the information provided by you or the Provider turns out to be inaccurate/incorrect and for the biller rejecting the bill amount because of incorrect or incomplete entries.
- You agree that any disputes on bill details will be settled directly with the Billing Organisation and DBS's responsibility is limited to provision of information received from the Providers.
- You agree that the record of the instructions given and Transactions with DBS will be conclusive proof and binding for all purposes and can be used as evidence in any proceeding.
- You agree that we are at liberty to withdraw at any time the Bill Payment facility, or any services provided there under, without assigning any reason whatsoever, without giving you any notice.
You further agree that DBS, its Affiliates and the Providers will be entitled (but not obliged) to act upon or rely on Electronic Instructions received from your registered communication address and/or using your Security Codes on RuPiZo app and hold you solely responsible and liable in respect thereof as if the same were carried out or transmitted by you and you waive all rights and remedies against DBS, its Affiliates and the Providers in respect of any loss, damage or expense thereby arising. You will be responsible and will be liable for all Transactions.
Any risk of misunderstanding, error, loss, damage or expense resulting from the use of RuPiZo Services are entirely at your own risk and DBS will not be liable therefore.
You irrevocably and unconditionally authorise digibank to access your Account(s) for effecting banking (including RuPiZo Services) or other transactions performed by you through the RuPiZo app. digibank will have no obligation to verify the authenticity of any transaction/instruction received or purported to have been received from you through RuPiZo app/Website or purporting to have been sent by you other than by means of authenticating through User ID/PIN.
All Electronic Instructions will be deemed to be irrevocable and unconditional upon transmission through the RuPiZo app/Website and DBS will be entitled (but not obliged) to affect, perform or process such Electronic Instruction(s) without your further consent and without any further reference or notice to you. We are not obliged to give effect to any request to cancel or amend any Electronic Instruction.
In the event you give an instruction to debit your Account for payment of an amount from the Account, the instruction will be executed on a real time basis unless otherwise specified by DBS. You will not be able to give any instruction to DBS to stop payment from the Account and the amount debited from the Account will not be reversed to the Account. If you have scheduled a transaction to be processed on a future date and such future date is a public holidayi, then, such transactions will be executed on the next Business Day.
However, if you have scheduled a transaction to be processed on a future date and wish to cancel the transaction and/or give any instructions to DBS to stop payment from the Account, you will be required to make such cancellations/give stop payment instructions online five (5) business days prior to the scheduled date of such transaction.
You will ensure that there are sufficient funds in the Account for Transactions and we will not be liable for any consequences arising out of failure to carry out the instructions due to inadequacy of funds provided always that we will at our sole discretion, be entitled to carry out the instructions notwithstanding such inadequacy without seeking the prior approval from or notice to you and you will be responsible to repay with interest the resulting overdraft, advance or credit thereby created and for all related costs and charges.
DBS Bank may extend Promotional Campaign to You from time to time on such terms as may be prescribed for respective Promotional Campaign.5.5.2
You agree that Nationwide Communication Private Limited ("NCPL") may also extend certain Promotional Campaign to RuPiZo customers. You agree to comply with the terms and conditions stipulated by NCPL for their respective Promotional Campaign/s and liaise with NCPL for any matters arising out/related to the Promotional Campaign extended by NCPL. You agree and acknowledge that DBS Bank will not be liable for Promotional Campaign/s extended by NCPL and You undertake not to hold DBS Bank responsible for the same.5.5.3
The below terms are applicable to all Promotional Campaigns extended by DBS Bank:
- Cashback amount/discounts extended to the Customer/s, will be provided to the Customer as may be specifically mentioned in the specific terms of the Promotional Campaign.
- You agree that you will not hold us responsible for the merchant’s rejection of the payment amount, for any reason whatsoever.
- For your convenience, we may provide hyperlinks to other websites or content on the Internet that are owned or operated by third parties. Such linked websites or content are not under our control and we are not responsible for the contents of or the consequences of accessing any such linked website, nor for any goods or services provided through any such linked websites.
- Any hyperlinks to any other websites or content are not an endorsement or verification of such websites or content and you agree that your access to or use of such linked websites or content is entirely at your own risk.
- You agree that DBS Bank does not represent the accuracy/effectives/quality/standard of the goods/services provided by any merchant to You to whom you make payment through the use of RuPiZo app. DBS Bank does not endorse any of the products, services or brands or services being offered under the Promotional Campaign and will not accept any liability pertaining to the quality, delivery or after sales service of such products/services provided by the merchant. Any customer services issues related to the merchant, should be taken up directly with the relevant merchant.
- Unless specifically allowed, one Promotional Campaign cannot be combined with the other Promotional Campaign.
- You agree that the Bank may at any times suspend/withdraw or amend/vary any Promotional Campaign or its terms and conditions.
- You agree that the Bank reserves the right to reverse any excess and/or ineligible amount/benefit credited into the Customer Account or extended to the Customer, without any prior consent from the Customer.
- You will be eligible for the benefits under the Promotional Campaign only if You satisfy the terms of the Promotional Campaign including the eligibility criteria.
Each Promotional Campaign may have specific terms. Such specific terms will be read in addition to the terms stated in this clause.
Certain facilities/services/Transactions that may be offered by the Bank over the RuPiZo app/Website may be carried out instantaneously. However, such facilities/services/Transactions may not be effected instantaneously or may not be available to be carried out instantaneously or otherwise at all times due to failure of the requisite systems and/or discontinuation of the same by the Bank, which will be the sole and absolute discretion of the Bank and will also be subject to such limitations and restrictions as mentioned elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions.
You will not hold DBS responsible for not processing/effecting any transactions transmitted by you over RuPiZo or any consequences thereof since RuPiZo is only provided as a convenience to you and DBS neither assumes nor intends to assume any liability for any transactions carried/not carried over RuPiZo. Without prejudice to the foregoing, RuPiZo will also not be available during the period the systems of the Bank are not functioning for any reason whatsoever.
You acknowledge and agree that we may at any time:
- at our sole discretion and without stating reasons, require that you identify yourself by alternative means;
- require any Electronic Instructions to be confirmed through alternative means;
- decline to act on the Electronic Instructions at any time without prior notice or giving any reason, including;
- to verify the authenticity thereof; or
- where they are ambiguous, incomplete or inconsistent with your other Electronic Instructions or instructions, information and/or data; or
- where such Electronic Instruction has lapsed, been rendered invalid due to failure to comply with applicable conditions or are cancelled by the relevant regulatory or governmental body; or
- where such Electronic Instruction will cause you to exceed your applicable transaction or Account limits, if applicable; or
- where such Electronic Instruction will result in any insufficiency of funds.
- determine the order of priority in effecting the Electronic Instructions, the Transactions and other existing arrangements you have made with DBS (for example, standing instructions and funds transfer to other accounts.), without incurring any responsibility for loss, liability or expense arising out of so declining to act.
You agree that we will not be liable for any loss, damage or expense suffered by you as a result of:
- Electronic Instructions being inaccurate, inadequate or incomplete in any way; or
- Any failure, refusal, delay or error by any third party through whom any such Electronic Instruction is transacted.
Where we choose to act on Electronic Instructions, we act on a commercially reasonable effort basis and are not responsible for any acts and omissions while acting in a reasonable manner in discharging the Electronic Instructions.
Notwithstanding the termination of RuPiZo Services, we may (but are not obliged to) carry out any outstanding Electronic Instructions made prior to the termination of RuPiZo Services.
You hereby agree that you will not attempt or permit others to attempt accessing your Account with the Bank through any unauthorised means and you will not part with your User ID and PIN and/or Security Codes.
The fund transfer facility, as may be available in the RuPiZo app, may be used for transfer of funds from RuPiZo e-Wallet Account to other accounts/prepaid payment instruments belonging to third parties maintained at DBS and/or at any other bank or third party in India, as may be permitted from to time. In the event such transfer of funds is from RuPiZo e-Wallet Account to accounts belonging to third parties maintained at any other bank, which falls under the network of Reserve Bank of India's Electronic Fund Transfer system, then the same will be governed by the Terms and Conditions applicable to National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT)/Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS)/Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) of RBI. You will be responsible for keying in the correct account number, Mobile Money Identifier (MMID) and Indian Financial System Code ("IFSC") and other details, as required, for the fund transfer request.
In no case will DBS be held liable for any erroneous transactions incurred arising out of or relating to your entering the wrong account number and/or IFSC Code. DBS will endeavour to effect funds transfer transactions received through the RuPiZo app subject to availability of sufficient funds in the relevant RuPiZo e-Wallet Account. DBS will specify from time to time the limit for carrying out various kinds of funds transfer or any other services through RuPiZo app/Website. This facility will be provided in accordance with the arrangement between DBS, its Affiliates and Providers and as per conditions specified by DBS from time to time.
- Use of the RuPiZo app will require the use of Security Codes. Security Codes will be issued directly to you and such issuance will be subject to these Terms and Conditions as applicable to you in your personal capacity. You are responsible for the confidentiality and use of your Security Codes. You must use your RuPiZo app User name and PIN to access and use the RuPiZo app and to perform transaction(s) on the Website. You are responsible for safekeeping and maintaining the confidentiality of your Security Codes. You must not disclose to any person your Security Codes and will not authorise any person to use your Security Codes for any purpose whatsoever. You agree to take reasonable measures and all due care to protect your PIN against misuse by third parties. You will, as soon as possible, reset your PIN should you notice that your RuPiZo app has been accessed or used without your knowledge, authority or consent. As a matter of abundant precaution you should change your PIN at periodic intervals.
- It is vital that you take steps to prevent disclosure or discovery of the Security Codes provided to you as you are liable for financial loss incurred or Transactions carried out in connection with any unauthorised use of the Security Codes and you will not claim against DBS in respect of any such use or purported use.
- You must notify DBS immediately if you have knowledge or have reason for suspecting that the confidentiality of the Security Code/s have been compromised or if there has been any unauthorised use of the Security Codes (such as where you notice any unauthorised transactions or unauthorised access to your Accounts) or your Security Code has been disabled after a number of incorrect PIN attempts up to such number as may be communicated by DBS to you from time to time.
- Section 3 of the Information Technology Act, 2000 (and amendments thereafter) prescribes the procedure for authentication of electronic records, which states that a subscriber may authenticate an electronic record by affixing his/her digital signature, and Section 5 provides legal recognition to digital signatures for authentication of electronic records. However, we have adopted the mode of authentication by means of verification of the Security Code, or through any other mode of verification as may be stipulated at our discretion, which may or may not be recognised under the Information Technology Act, 2000 for authentication of electronic records. Therefore, you are solely responsible to maintain the secrecy and confidentiality of the Security Code without any liability on DBS in this regard.
- We will send you Alerts notifying you of transactions conducted on your Account. The nature of transactions for which Alerts are generated, the timing of Alerts and the mode of notification will be determined at our discretion. We will be forced to push these notifications to you regardless of whether your mobile number is registered in the Do Not Call registry or the National Customer Preference Register ("NCPR").
You will at your cost, procure, maintain and update/upgrade all such software, and/or device, hardware and/or equipment, as applicable, from time to time, to avail, access and use the services of digibank (including RuPiZo Services) and be compatible with the Bank's system at your own risk and expense. You undertake to ensure that computer systems you use to access RuPiZo Services are free from any malware, virus, Trojan or such other computer contaminants. The Bank will be at liberty to change, vary or upgrade its software, hardware, operating systems, etc., from time to time and will be under no obligation to support your software, hardware, operating systems and that the same will be your sole responsibility. DBS will not be liable for any losses that may be suffered by you as a result of any incompatibility between the Service software and any computer, mobile phone or other device from which you may use to access the Service.
You acknowledge the following Internet-related risks:
- Insufficient technical knowledge and lack of safety precautions can make it easier for unauthorised third parties to access your systems or devices (for example, insufficiently protected storage of data on the hard disk, file transfers and monitor emissions), and it is your responsibility to take the necessary security precautions. You acknowledge the risks of spoofing, identity theft/masking etc.
- Your usage patterns may be monitored by third parties.
- Third parties could gain unnoticed access to your RuPiZo app/Account and detect your access to RuPiZo Services and your communications with us.
- Viruses and other malicious code may interfere with RuPiZo Services, the Channel, the web browser or any relevant telecommunication device or computer systems.
You accept that all information/instructions will be transmitted to and/or stored at various locations and be accessed by personnel of DBS and/or its Affiliates. DBS is authorised to provide any information or details relating to you to a third party to facilitate DBS in providing RuPiZo Services as may be necessary to give effect to any instructions. You agree that DBS and/or Affiliates or their contractors may hold and process your Personal Information on computers or otherwise in connection with the use of/access to RuPiZo app/Website/availing RuPiZo Service as well as for analysis, credit scoring and marketing.5.12.1 Consent Clause
You hereby expressly authorise the Bank to disclose at any time and for any purpose any information whatsoever relating to my/our particulars, Account, deposit, transactions, or dealings with the Bank, to any court of competent jurisdiction, quasi judiciary authority, law enforcement agency, relevant wing of state government, RBI, Income tax authorities, statutory authorities, financial institutions, credit bureaus/agents/vendors or any company which is an affiliate or associate or subsidiary or a group company of the Bank.5.12.2 You specifically consent to DBS and/or any of our personnel disclosing any Information, whether in India or otherwise:
- To any of our Affiliates or Providers who have a legitimate business purpose for obtaining such information, including offering you products or services in connection with or to facilitate the use of RuPiZo Services or for risk management purposes.
- To any of our Providers, Affiliates or any other third party as we may consider necessary in order to give effect to any Electronic Instructions or Transaction or to comply with any order or request of any court or government or regulatory authority in any jurisdiction.
- To any person using RuPiZo Services purporting to be you where such disclosure is reasonably regarded by DBS to be necessary to complete any Transaction or to carry out the Electronic Instructions.
- To any information gathering or processing organisation or department conducting survey(s) on our behalf.
- To any Provider for the purpose of or in connection with the sale, supply, marketing or promotion of any services or products or investigating any complaint or dealing with any query relating to the sale, supply, marketing or promotion of any services or products.
- To the police or other Governmental or regulatory authorities, credit bureaus for the purpose of making a report or facilitating any investigation.
You hereby unconditionally agree that DBS or its contractors may hold and process your personal information on computers or otherwise in connection with RuPiZo Services, other services as well as for statistical analysis and credit scoring and for providing certain value added services.5.12.4
You agree that DBS may disclose, to other institutions, such information in relation to you as may be necessary for any reason inclusive of but not limited to the participation in any telecommunication or electronic clearing network, in compliance with legal directive, for credit rating by recognised credit scoring agencies, and for fraud prevention.5.12.5
You irrevocably and unconditionally authorise DBS to access the Account(s) and the Personal Information for effecting the instructions and providing the facility, as well as for analysis, credit scoring and marketing.5.12.6
DBS's authority to disclose Information as set out in this Clause (Consent to Disclosure/Provision of Information) will survive the termination of RuPiZo Services. Neither DBS nor any of its personnel will be liable for any loss, damage or expense suffered by you as a result of:
- Any disclosure of any Information which you have consented to DBS and/or any of our personnel disclosing; or
- Any access by a third party to Information obtained through your use of RuPiZo Services.
You will provide DBS with any information or documentation that we may reasonably request relating to your use of RuPiZo Services and will cooperate with it in any related investigation or litigation.5.12.8
You consent to DBS calling you on your registered Mobile Phone for the purpose of verification of information provided by you, irrespective of your mobile number being registered in the Do Not Call registry or the NCPR.5.12.9
Notwithstanding any registration by You on the Do Not Call registry or the NCPR and/or Do Not Disturb (DND) database, You consent to DBS, it’s personnel and all such third parties as duly authorised by DBS to contact/get in touch with You by way of E-mail/telephone call/SMS/In-app notification for the purposes of administering or servicing (including for feedback, experience surveys, usability studies and for any other form of market research, survey or studies) any of the Bank’s products/services.
You acknowledge that by virtue of you availing the RuPiZo Services, NCPL may require certain information of customers availing RuPiZo Services. You specifically authorise DBS to share your Personal Information, including your financial information in relation to RuPiZo Services, with NCPL and/or its Affiliates for promotional activities/campaigns/surveys, for statistical analysis, for providing certain value added services and/or to offer better services to you.
You authorise us to disclose any particulars of your Account/s and/or your use of the Debit Card to:
- any person or organisation participating in the provision of electronic or, without limitation, other services in connection with banking services or usage or loyalty benefits made available or utilised by you, whether in India or outside India for the purpose of the operation of the said services, including but not limited to investigating discrepancies, errors or claims;
- banks, credit or charge card companies or merchants in credit or charge card enquiries; outsourced agents appointed by us for the purpose of making printing, mailing, storing microfilming and/or filing personalised cheques, statements, Debit Card, labels, mailers or any other documents or items on which your name and/or other particulars appear, or any data or records or any documents whatsoever
- any information garnering or processing organisation or department or consultant conducting survey(s) or analyses or developing system applications on our behalf;
- any person or organisation for the purpose of marketing or promoting any services or products whether our own or tied up by us;
- Visa International, MasterCard International or American Express International;
- any of our related corporations for risk management purposes, for monitoring credit exposures across the DBS Group to you and for cross-selling purposes. "DBS Group" means any of our subsidiaries, our holding company and any subsidiaries of our holding company;
- any government agency or authority or courts of the jurisdiction where any of our overseas branches are situated; or
- any person or organisation for the purpose of collecting or recovering on our behalf, or securing for your benefit or repaying on your behalf, any sums of money owed to us by you;
- any Participant or third party which has a legitimate business purpose for obtaining such information, including offering your products or services in connection with or to facilitate the use of Electronic Services; to any person using the Electronic Services purporting to be you; where such disclosure is necessary to complete any Transaction.
India has signed the Inter-Governmental Agreement with U.S. on the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and the OECD’s multilateral tax treaty - Model Competent Authority Agreement (MCAA), commonly known as Common Reporting Standard (CRS), for tax information sharing with the signatory countries.
Rules 114F to 114H of the Income Tax Rules, 1962 requires banks to comply with the reporting requirements specified therein. Towards compliance with FATCA and CRS requirements, we may ask for certain information/documents from you from time to time and you agree to provide the same to us on demand. The relevant information would be reported to the local tax authorities, who, in turn, are required to share such information with appropriate foreign authorities.18.104.22.168 Disclosure of information
You authorise us to disclose any personal and account information, where such disclosure is required by any applicable laws (including applicable laws imposing any reporting and/or withholding obligations on us such as the FATCA and CRS as may be amended, superseded or replaced), to:
- Any of our branches, representative offices, related companies, subsidiaries, or any of our other offices, wherever situated.
- Any government, quasi-government, regulatory, fiscal, monetary or other authority, agency body or person, whether in India or elsewhere.
- Any party to whom we are under a duty to disclose or where we in good faith deem it in our interest to make such disclosure.
You agree to promptly notify us in writing of any change in your particulars, circumstances, status, including any change in citizenship, residence, tax residency, address(es) on record, telephone, facsimile numbers and email addresses.22.214.171.124 Cooperation with enquiries
You agree to cooperate fully in respect of any enquiry that we may make for the purposes of compliance with any applicable law (including the FATCA and CRS, as may be amended, superseded or replaced, and/or any other reporting and/or withholding requirements of any Government) including promptly providing all relevant information, details and/or documents as may be necessary to enable us to comply with the same.126.96.36.199 Inconsistent terms
If there is any inconsistency between the terms herein and any other terms governing the relevant product and/or service, the terms herein will prevail insofar as they relate to our compliance with tax, reporting and/or withholding requirements (including but not limited to the FATCA and CRS as may be amended, superseded or replaced).5.13.3 Acknowledgment
You acknowledge that:
- there may be inadvertent disclosure of Information by us and/or any of our officials in the course of providing information, whether to third parties in India or otherwise, relevant to transactions made or purported to be made by you and you consent to such inadvertent disclosure and
- equipment and software providers, service providers, network providers (including but not limited to telecommunications providers, Internet browser providers or Internet access providers) and third parties may have or be able to gain access to any Information transmitted over the relevant system, and you agree not to hold us liable in any way in this respect.
- to ensure your interest, we may record on camera or on videotape, at our own discretion the access to and the presence of any person while availing the use of the Debit Card. All records maintained by us, in electronic or documentary form of the instructions from you and such other details (including but not limited to payments made or received), and all camera/video recordings made as mentioned above will as against you, be deemed to be conclusive evidence of such instructions and such other details.
Neither we nor any of our officials will be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you or as a result of any disclosure of any Information which you have consented to us and/or any of our officials disclosing.5.13.5 Provision of Information
You will provide us with any information or documentation that we may reasonably request relating to your use of Debit Card or the Electronic Services and will cooperate with us in any related investigation or litigation. If the information is not provided or if information provided is incorrect, we may at our discretion refuse renewal or reissuance of Debit Card or cancel the Debit Card forthwith.
We may send Debit Card related notices or any other communication to you by in-app messages, facsimile transmission, short message system (SMS), electronic mail, ordinary prepaid post or personal delivery to your registered communication address. Communication and notices sent by in-app messages/facsimile/SMS/email will be considered to have been sent and received by you on the same day irrespective of carrier delays. Communication and notices sent by pre-paid mail will be considered to have been delivered on the day immediately after the date of posting if sent by post in India, and considered delivered five (5) days after the date of posting if sent outside of India. As of now, communication will be available within the RuPiZo app to which Debit Card is linked.5.14.2 Service of Documents
We may serve you with a writ of summons, statement of claim or any other legal process or document requiring personal service by delivering it personally, sending it by ordinary post or by leaving it at your last known address (whether a post office address or private residence or business residence or otherwise). You will be considered to have been properly served on the date of delivery if we deliver the documents personally to you, or served on the next day after the date of posting if the documents are posted to you. In addition to these two (2) methods of service, we may serve you in any other method permitted by law.
We and/or the Participants may at any time without notice to you:
- determine and vary the frequency and manner of use of Electronic Services, transaction limits, operating hours, types of facilities and services available through Electronic Services or
- add or delete any Participant. You will be responsible for all transactions made by the use or purported use of the Electronic Services by any person, with or without your authority, knowledge or consent, and may not claim against us in respect of any such use or purported use.
We and/or the Participants may at any time, without notice to you and without assigning any reason therefore, and without liability for any inconvenience, loss, damage or injury suffered by you or any third party:
- limit, suspend or terminate any or all of the Electronic Services; or
- disallow any Transaction or allow a Transaction subject to such conditions as we see fit; or
- revoke or suspend your, or any User's, right and authority to use Electronic Services; or
- retain or reject any Debit Card and/or PIN.
Any claims against or disputes with a Participant are to be settled between you and the Participant. You will not claim against us in this respect.
We will not be liable for any loss suffered by you or any third party arising from and in connection with the use of the Electronic Services except where such loss is attributable to our negligence or wilful default. Neither we nor the Participants will be liable for any inconvenience, loss, damage or injury suffered by you or any third party arising from or caused by:
- Our compliance with any instruction given or purported to be given by you or a User relating to Electronic Services, notwithstanding that the integrity of the information comprised in such instruction may have been compromised or impaired during transmission, provided that such compromise or impairment will not have been apparent to a reasonable person receiving such instruction.
- Your being deprived of the use of any Electronic Service as a consequence of any action by us and/or the Participants; or
- Any Electronic Service not being available due to system maintenance or breakdown/no availability of any network; or
- Any failure by us and/or any Participant to perform any obligation or observe any term of this Agreement if such failure arises from a failure of, or any unauthorised and/or unlawful access to, any machine, data processing system or transmission link or any act of force majeure such as acts of God, war or warlike hostilities, civil commotions, riots, blockades, embargoes, sabotage, strikes, lock-outs, fire, flood, shortage of material or labour, delay in deliveries from sub-contractors, or any event outside our control; or
- Any equipment or software providers, any service provider, any network providers (including but not limited to telecommunications providers, Internet browser providers and Internet access providers), any Participant, or any agent or subcontractor of any of the foregoing.
- Any downloading of data from any Electronic Service is done solely at your risk, and we will not be liable for the integrity or use of any data downloaded in any way.
- Neither we nor any Participant will be responsible in any way for any direct, indirect, special or consequential, economic or other damages arising in any way from the provision and/or use of Electronic Services.
If any payment has been made by us as a result of your use or purported use of Electronic Services:
- And the Account was consequently debited, but the debit was reversed in error or the Account was not debited at all; or
- After any payment instruction was given on the Account but before such payment instruction has been honoured,
Then we will be entitled to correct the Account by debiting the Account with the amount paid by us.
|Rates and Charges
(effective from November 5, 2016)
|From Rupizo full KYC wallet to Rupizo full KYC wallet||Free|
|From Rupizo full KYC wallet to any other DBS Bank Account||(A) INR 1 to INR 1000: No charges
(B) Above INR 1000: Upto 4%* of the fund transfer amount (inclusive of taxes)
|From Rupizo full KYC wallet to any third party (non-DBS Bank) account||(A) INR 1 to INR 1000: No charges
(B) Above INR 1000: Upto 4%* of the fund transfer amount (inclusive of taxes)
* The exact amount to be charged to your Account will be displayed in RuPiZo app when you perform your fund transfer transaction.
Mr.A wishes to transfer INR 1000 from his RuPiZo e-Wallet to non-RuPiZo account.
The Charges levied for this fund transfer transaction will be as follows:
Bank charges…………...... : 3.478260% of the fund transfer amount.
Service Tax………………........ : 14% on bank charges
Swachh Bharat Cess…...... : 0.5% on bank charges
Krishi Kalyan Cess……..... : 0.5%. on bank charges
The overall charge comes to about 4% of the fund transfer amount.
We reserve the right to and may at our sole discretion, charge and revise fees (for example, subscription fees, per transaction fees etc.) in relation to the use of RuPiZo Services and for the provision of or any replacement of Security Codes for whatever reasons from time to time. We will, in most cases, give reasonable notice of such days, as may be prescribed by RBI from time to time, to you, for any change in the rates, fees and charges before they become effective provided that such variation is within our control. The obligation to give you advance notice does not apply if variations are required in an emergency or where it is not practicable to give such advance notice. Provided that any changes made in the Charges and Fees whereby your liability has increased such an increase will be applicable only after notice. digibank is deemed to have sent Alert/Electronic Advice/Notification to you, even if you are unable to or do not receive the Alert/Electronic Advice/Notification for whatever reason.
You agree that in case of funds transfer returns from the destination account, the transaction charges and taxes levied will not be reversed.
If any payment has been made by us as a result of your use or purported use of RuPiZo Services:
- and the Account was consequently debited, but the debit was reversed in error or the Account was not debited at all; or
- consequent to submission of any payment instruction on the Account but before honour of such payment,
then we will be entitled to correct the Account by (i) debiting the Account with the amount paid by us; or (ii) by dishonouring or returning payment instructions and reversing the payment instruction, if there are insufficient funds available in the Account, as the case may be.If GST is charged on any payment, you will pay such GST in addition to all sums payable and indemnify us against any payment we are required by law to collect and make in respect of such GST. We may debit the Account for such GST, including default interest payable in the same manner as may be provided in these Terms and Conditions or in any related agreement for over draft facilities, and/or any other charges, as we may prescribe from time to time, even if such debiting results in the Account becoming overdrawn.
You understand that any access to RuPiZo Services may also be subject to and governed by the relevant laws and regulations of that country from which RuPiZo Services are accessed. You will be responsible for all fees, charges and expenses (including and not limited to charges such as download roaming for overseas usage; for any upgrades in relation to access and use of RuPiZo app; and other charges which may be imposed by CSP in connection with the use of RuPiZo Services.
The Bank will have an absolute and paramount right of lien and set-off, irrespective of any other lien or charge, present as well as future on the Accounts and also over any and all your securities lying or that may come into the possession of the Bank from time to time for safe keeping or otherwise in any of your Accounts maintained with DBS (singly or jointly) to the extent of all outstanding dues, whatsoever, and howsoever arising.
Without prejudice to the contents of the preceding paragraph, DBS has and will have a paramount and irrevocable right to reverse any entry (debit or credit) made in the Account with reference to any transaction carried out on the RuPiZo app, internet, Phone banking, Kiosk, Website or otherwise whatsoever, where in the course of any scrutiny, verification, checking, investigation, audit or otherwise for whatsoever reason or action by DBS, it is found or determined that the entry was incorrect, was not accompanied by proper supporting documents/authorisations, or for whatsoever reason was incorrect or did not meet any rules or regulations or specifications including but not limiting to those of DBS or otherwise. DBS will have and will continue to have a lien on your Account to recover such costs, damages or liability that the Bank may incur or be imposed and will further have the right to claim and recover any shortfall from you
You will pay such charges and fees for the provision of Electronic Services as we may prescribe from time to time, whether or not you in fact make use of such Electronic Services. We are authorised to debit your Account for all charges, fees and payments for the provision and/or use (authorised or unauthorised) of Electronic Services and any other liabilities to, and loss suffered by, us as a result of the provision and/or use of Electronic Services. If the Account has insufficient available funds to meet any request for payment of monies or to satisfy any liability, we may (but are not bound to) grant you credit to meet such payment or liability. You undertake to pay interest and charges at such rates or amounts as determined by us. Where a Transaction, or the debiting or crediting of any Account in connection with a Transaction, requires the conversion of one currency into another, we are authorised to effect such conversions at the rate determined by us and/or Participants. If GST is charged on any payment, you will pay such GST in addition to all sums payable and indemnify us against any payment we are required by law to collect and make in respect of such GST. We may debit the Account for such GST, including default interest payable in the same manner as may be provided in this Agreement or in any related agreement for credit facilities, and/or any other charges, as we may prescribe from time to time, even if such debiting results in the Account becoming overdrawn.
The following transaction limits will apply to transactions on the RuPiZo e-Wallet and is subject to change from time to time:
|Sl. No.||Limit Type||Min KYC Wallet Limit (in INR unless otherwise specified)||Full KYC wallet Limit (in INR unless otherwise specified)|
|1||Max permissible balance amount at any point in time||20K||100K|
|2||Monthly credit amount limit i.e. Total value of funding permissible during any given calendar month. Includes the following funding modes:
|2.a||Monthly Credit card Cumulative Limit (Sub set of 2 -Monthly Credit amount cumulative limit )||5K||25K|
|3||Per transaction amount limit for Recharges||5K||5K|
|4||Per transaction amount limit for Bill payments||10K||100K|
|5||Max number of Recharges per day||5 times / day||5 times / day|
|6||Max number of Bill payments per day||5 times / day||5 times / day|
|7||Daily cumulative debit amount limit. This limit gets consumed if any of the following transactions are performed:
FT charges are not part of this Daily cumulative limit
Fund transfers are not allowed in RuPiZo min KYC wallets
|8||Monthly cumulative debit amount limit. This limit gets consumed if any of the following transactions are performed:
FT charges are not part of this Daily cumulative limit
Fund transfers are not allowed in RuPiZo min KYC wallets
|9||Threshold for second factor authentication threshold for the following payment modes:
||No 2 FA for transactions initiated within app. However, transactions initiated from Kasisto will be subject to 2FA by way of SMS OTP
Fund transfers are not allowed in RuPiZo min KYC wallets
|All Transactions, either initiated in-app or via Kasisto will be subject to 2FA by way of SMS OTP|
|10.a||Per tran Max value of Top-up transaction through IMPS||10K||100K|
|10.b||Per tran Max value of Top-up transaction through Net banking||10K||100K|
|10.c||Per tran Max value of Top-up transaction through Debit card, Debit + PIN||5K||100K|
|10.d||Per tran Max value of Top-up transaction through Credit card||5K||25K|
|Limits specific to Funds Transfers (common to both Min & Full KYC wallet) - Separate limits for min KYC and Full KYC||RuPiZo to RuPiZo Intra bank||RuPiZo to DBS Inter bank||RuPiZo to Non DBS Inter bank|
|11||Daily Funds transfer Limit ( Subset of 8 daily debit limit )||2K||2K||2K|
|12||Monthly Funds transfer Limit ( Subset of 9 daily debit limit )||10K||5K||5K|
|13||Per transaction Funds transfer limit ( P2A )||2K||2K||2K-IMPS
|13.a||Per transaction Funds transfer limit (P2P - Mobile transfer)||2K||NA||NA|
|13.b||Per transaction Funds transfer limit (P2P - MMID transfer)||2K|
|Additional Controls||Min KYC Wallet Limit (in INR unless otherwise specified)||Full KYC wallet Limit (in INR unless otherwise specified)|
|14||Velocity limits for Top-up of Rupizo wallet (at Billdesk end for Master / VISA / Rupay cards)||- Max Card Count per day 2
- Range Check 30, Max Card Count Range 20
|- Max Card Count per day 2
- Range Check 30, Max Card Count Range 20
|15||Limit on reissuance of Virtual card||Currently re-issuance of Virtual card not allowed||Currently re-issuance of Virtual card not allowed|
|16||IMEI check for onboarding||Available||NA|
DBS at its sole option and discretion will maintain such records of transactions carried out by you in your Accounts, as the Bank may deem fit or as mandated by law and regulations. You will not be entitled to question the Bank about the records that are maintained by the Bank or those that are not maintained or preserved by the Bank. In case of conflict between the records kept by DBS and those of yours, the records of DBS will be conclusive and binding. The period for preservation of such records will be as DBS may in its sole discretion deem fit or as dictated by any statutory enactment or regulations.
Due to inherent features of some of the channels over which the facility of RuPiZo Services is availed by you, you may be able to take out a print of the transaction attempted to be effected by you over RuPiZo Services. You acknowledge and agree that our records and any records of the Electronic Instructions or the Transactions, or any record of transactions relating to the operation of RuPiZo Services and any record of any Transactions maintained by us or by any relevant person authorised by us relating to or connected with RuPiZo Services will be binding and conclusive on you for all purposes whatsoever and will be conclusive evidence of any Electronic Instructions, information and/or data transmitted using RuPiZo Services. You hereby agree that all such records are admissible in evidence and that you will not challenge or dispute the admissibility, reliability, accuracy or the authenticity of the contents of such records merely on the basis that such records were incorporated and/or set out in electronic form or are produced by or were the output of a computer system, and you hereby waive any of your rights (if any) to so object.
As a tool to correct misunderstandings, you understand, agree and authorise us to, at our discretion and without further prior notice to you, monitor and record any or all telephone conversations or electronic communications between you and us and any of our employees or agents.
You acknowledge that the intellectual property rights of DBS are owned by DBS, its Affiliates, or the Providers. No part or parts of the RuPiZo app may be reproduced, distributed, republished, displayed, broadcast, hyperlinked, transmitted, adapted, modified to create derivative works or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner or by any means or stored in an information retrieval system without our prior written permission. You may view, print or use the Content for personal, non-commercial use only, provided further that you do not modify the Content and that you retain all copyright notices and other proprietary notices contained in the Content.
The trademarks, service marks, and logo ("Trade Marks") used and displayed in or through the RuPiZo app/Website are registered or unregistered Trade Marks of DBS/NCPL/others. Nothing in the RuPiZo app/Website will be construed as granting, by implication, estoppels, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trade Marks displayed in or through the Channel or RuPiZo app/Website, without our written permission.
RuPiZo Services may not be available to you for security and/or technical reasons and for which DBS may not give you prior notice or reason. RuPiZo Services may be suspended or withdrawn for security and/or technical reasons without giving you any reason or notice. If at any time you cease to have an eligible Account or fail to provide your updated details, or fail to confirm your status/KYC verification as deemed by the Bank at periodic intervals we reserve the right to deny you access to RuPiZo Services.
We may withdraw the provision of RuPiZo Services to You, either wholly or partly, if at any time You commit breach of the applicable transaction and/or if the service rates and/or charges remain unpaid, without giving any further notice to you and/or without incurring any liability or responsibility whatsoever by reason of such withdrawal.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- Access to RuPiZo Services is through your Mobile Phone and any Transaction, which originates from the same using your User ID and PIN/Security Codes, whether initiated by you or not will be deemed to have originated from you.
- You will be liable for all loss from unauthorised transactions in the RuPiZo app if you compromised the RuPiZo app with your credentials. You agree that you will not hold the Bank responsible for any loss that you may suffer in these circumstances.
- Illegal or improper use of RuPiZo Services by you or any other person will render you liable for payment of financial charges as decided by the Bank and/or will result in suspension of RuPiZo Services provided to you.
- You are aware that email is not a secure or error-free medium of communication and of the possible risks involved in connection with the transmission of information via email.
- You are aware that universally it is understood that there is no way to verify that technologies are fool proof or tamper proof and/or to keep up with the latest technology as available at any particular time.
- You understand and agree that the Bank does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the content of the email messages and its attachments. You undertake to keep us indemnified at all times against, and to save us harmless from all actions, proceedings, claims, loss, damage, costs and expenses including consequential losses/damages which may be brought against us and which will have arisen either directly or indirectly out of or in connection with us sending any transaction/Account related information and other documents on email.
- You have read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions applicable to the use of RuPiZo Services.
- You will be bound by these Terms and Conditions at all times and you agree to comply with the same.
You will be responsible for the correctness of information supplied by you to DBS through the use of RuPiZo Services or through any other means such as electronic mail or written communication. DBS accepts no liability for the consequence arising out of erroneous, incorrect or incomplete information supplied by you. If you suspect that there is an error in the information supplied to DBS by you, you will advise DBS as soon as possible. DBS will endeavour to correct the error wherever possible on a ‘best effort' basis. The Transaction History available in the RuPiZo app is prepared by electronic means and the information contained therein will be extracted from a computerized backup system maintained by the Bank in its ordinary course of business. While DBS will take all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the Transaction History, DBS is not liable for any error. You will hold DBS harmless against any loss, damages, etc. that may be incurred / suffered by you if the information contained in the above said outputs turns out to be inaccurate/incorrect/incomplete.
DBS will not be obliged to verify the accuracy, adequacy and completeness of Electronic Instructions. Accordingly, DBS, its Affiliates and the Providers may treat the Electronic Instructions as valid and binding on you notwithstanding any error, fraud, and forgery, lack of clarity or misunderstanding in the terms of the Electronic Instructions.
DBS, its Affiliates and Providers will not be liable for any non-performance, error, interruption or delay in the performance of any obligations under this Part or in the Channel's or RuPiZo Services' operation, or for any inaccuracy, unreliability or unsuitability of RuPiZo Services and/or the Content if this is due, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly to an event or failure which is beyond its reasonable control (which includes acts of God, natural disasters, acts of terrorism, embargoes, epidemics, acts of any Government or authority, power failures), and the acts or a party for whom DBS, its Affiliates or Providers are not responsible for.
DBS is not liable for any loss suffered by you or any third party arising from and in connection with your registration of, access to and use of the RuPiZo app/Website except where such loss is attributable to our negligence or wilful default. Without prejudice to the foregoing, DBS will not be liable for any inconvenience, loss, cost, damage or injury suffered by you or any third party arising from or caused by:
- Our compliance with any instruction given or purported to be given by you relating to a Transaction, notwithstanding that the integrity of the information comprised in such instruction may have been compromised or impaired during transmission, provided that such compromise or impairment will not have been apparent to a reasonable person receiving such instruction;
- Use of the RuPiZo app by third parties, whether authorised or unauthorised by you;
- Your transfer of funds to the wrong mobile number or to the wrong recipient;
- Theft or loss of your Mobile Phone/Device, hardware and/or equipment on which the RuPiZo app is installed;
- Your inability to effect or complete any Transaction due to system maintenance or breakdown/non-availability of the RuPiZo app/Website or any network;
- You being deprived of the use of the RuPiZo app/Website as a consequence of any action by us;
- Any failure by us to perform any obligation or observe any of these Terms if such failure arises from a failure of, or any unauthorised and/or unlawful access to, any machine, data processing system or transmission link or any act of force majeure such as acts of God, war or warlike hostilities, civil commotions, riots, blockades, embargoes, sabotage, strikes, lock-outs, fire, flood, shortage of material or labour, delay in deliveries from sub-contractors, or any event outside our control;
- Any equipment or software providers, any service providers, any network providers (including but not limited to telecommunications providers, internet browser providers and internet access providers), or any agent or subcontractor of any of the foregoing; or
- Any act or omission by DBS in compliance with any applicable laws and/or regulations, including laws governing personal data protection, and any instructions and/or directions given by any local or foreign regulatory body, government agency, statutory board, ministry, departments or other government bodies and/or its officials.
Provided that you have notified us in reasonable detail and in a timely manner of any problems experienced in the use of RuPiZo Services and the Security Codes, DBS will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct such problems within a reasonable period of time (but without further liability if we are unable to do so). Notwithstanding the aforementioned provision or any other provision of the Terms and Conditions, RuPiZo Services, the Security Codes and the Content are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Neither we nor our licensors (including contributors of articles, reports, surveys and news) warrant the accuracy, adequacy, completeness, timeliness, quality, currency, reliability, performance, or continued availability of RuPiZo Services, the Security Codes or the Content and each of us and our licensors (including contributors of articles, reports, surveys and news) expressly disclaim liability for errors or omissions or any delays in the delivery of the Content, or for any action taken in reliance on the Content. No warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose, is given in conjunction with RuPiZo Services, the Security Codes, or the Content.
DBS may from time to time without giving any reason or prior notice, upgrade, modify, alter, suspend, discontinue the provision of or remove, whether in whole or in part, the Channel, RuPiZo Services, the Security Codes the methods available for access to RuPiZo Services, or any information, services or products provided therein and will not be liable if any such upgrade, modification, suspension or alteration prevents you from accessing RuPiZo Services. The information provided through RuPiZo Services including the specifications, prices, availability and other details of the products and services provided through RuPiZo Services may be modified, deleted, or replaced from time to time and at any time at our absolute discretion. You may be required to update your details periodically as required by the Bank from time to time.
While DBS may apply such technology as it deems fit to ensure the security of and prevent unauthorised access to the RuPiZo Service, DBS does not warrant that RuPiZo Services or any of the Content or the Security Codes will be provided uninterrupted or free from errors or that any identified defect will be corrected; further, no warranty is given that RuPiZo Services, the Security Codes, and the Content are free from any computer virus or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, agent, program or macros.
DBS does not warrant the security of any information transmitted by you or to you through RuPiZo Services or via email or mobile phone.
DBS, its Affiliates and the Providers will in no event be liable to you or any other person for:
- any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive or economic loss, expense or damage arising from or in connection with any access, use or the inability to access or use the Channel, the RuPiZo app, RuPiZo Services, the Content, or reliance on the Content, howsoever caused and regardless of the form of action (including tort or strict liability);
- any downtime costs, loss of revenue or business opportunities, loss of profit, loss of anticipated savings or business, loss of data, loss of goodwill or loss of value of any equipment including software; and/or
- any loss or damage arising as a result of improper usage or malfunction of any computer or mobile phone or other telecommunications equipment used to access RuPiZo Services or incompatibility thereof with our systems;
even if we are advised of, or otherwise might have anticipated, the possibility of such loss, damage or expense.
DBS will be under no liability for any damage, loss or expense, or for any obligation to pay or reimburse interest to you for unsuccessful crediting or debiting of money through the use of RuPiZo Services.
Except where DBS has been grossly negligent, that is for events or acts attributable to its own omission, or lack of due care, it will also under no circumstances be liable for any damages whatsoever whether such damages are direct, indirect, incidental, consequential and irrespective of whether any claim is based on loss of revenue, investment, production, goodwill, profit, interruption of business or any other loss of any character or nature whatsoever and whether sustained/suffered by you or any other person due to any transaction carried out or not carried and/or incorrectly/incompletely carried out and/or being carried out with or without your knowledge or authority on the RuPiZo app/Website and/or due to non-availability or partial availability of any medium of RuPiZo app and/or due to any loss/misuse of Debit Card and/or use of your PIN(s) or password(s) by any other person or persons. The Transaction risk will be yours, except what is stated above. In cases where DBS is led to believe that an instruction may not have been properly authorised by you, DBS will be entitled, after making reasonable efforts to check whether the instruction was properly authorised, to take steps to reverse any action taken on the basis of that instruction. DBS will not be responsible for any losses suffered by you due to such reversals.
Any downloading of data, if permitted, from the RuPiZo app is done solely at your risk, and DBS will not be liable for the integrity or use of any data downloaded in any way.
DBS reserves the right to use any service providers, subcontractors and/or agents on such terms as it deems appropriate. DBS will provide you digital assistance/system to answer your queries. In case digital assistance is unable to resolve your query then you will have an option to chat with our contact centre staff between 9am to 9pm on all days.
You acknowledge that you have not relied on any representation made by DBS or any of its employees, Affiliates, service providers, subcontractors or agents and have made independent assessment of RuPiZo Services. Except for our Affiliates, service providers, subcontractors and agents, no person or entity who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions will have any right to enforce these Terms and Conditions, regardless of whether such person or entity has been identified by name, as a member of a class or as answering a particular description. For the avoidance of doubt, this will not affect the rights of any permitted assignee or transferee of these Terms and Conditions.
If at any time any provision of these Terms and Conditions will be or will become illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any respect, the legality, validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions will not be affected or impaired thereby, and will continue in force as if such illegal, invalid or unenforceable provision was severed here from. Our waiver of any of the covenants to be performed by you or any breach by you will not be construed to be a waiver of any succeeding breach by you or of any other covenant. Our rights and remedies in these Terms and Conditions are cumulative and not exclusive of any other rights or remedies provided by law.
DBS agrees that if you open further accounts with/subscribe to any of the products/services of DBS or any of its Affiliates or Providers DBS extends to such accounts or products or services and you opt for use thereof, then these Terms and Conditions (as may be amended from time to time) will automatically apply to such further use of RuPiZo Services by you.
You hereby authorise DBS or its agents to send promotional messages including the products of the RuPiZo app/RuPiZo Services, greetings or any other messages/communications which DBS may consider appropriate from time to time, by way of SMS, Email and/or in-app notification.
DBS is entitled to send you Notifications in the RuPiZo app and SMS notifications relating to your access to and use of the RuPiZo app and any updates on related services. Such messages may also be sent to numbers registered in the Do Not Call registry or NCPR, if the Bank deems fit to do so and as the Customer you indemnify our act.5.41.2 Communications through electronic means
Electronic delivery may be in the form of electronic mail, an attachment to the electronic mail, or in the form of an available download from the Channel. DBS will be deemed to have fulfilled its legal obligation to deliver to you any document if such document is sent via electronic means. Failure to advise DBS of any difficulty in opening a document so delivered within twenty-four (24) hours after delivery will serve as an affirmation regarding the acceptance of the document.
It may be noted that alerts if sent through SMS will be sent to the registered mobile number only.
All communication by DBS will be in English and will be through email to your email address as per our records; or using electronic services or any other electronic media or through your cell phone. Where necessary, DBS may also give any notice and communication through the press, radio, television, internet or any other media at the discretion of DBS's choice. Any communication from DBS to you will be deemed to have been received by you and complete:
- If sent by email – at the time of sending to your email address.
- If sent by electronic services – at the time it was sent.
- If made through the press, radio, television or internet – at the time it was made.
- If made over the RuPiZo app or on the Website – at the time of publishing.
Any notice, instruction, correspondence or other communication you give to DBS must be in writing and must be received by DBS. DBS may accept instructions over the RuPiZo app or the Website or by phone (for limited purposes) or over the counter (for limited purposes), electronic services or by any other mode that DBS may agree with you. You must provide to DBS any application forms, authorisations or other documents as may be required by DBS.
You can upgrade your full KYC RuPiZo e-Wallet to digibank savings account by clicking appropriate ‘Register Now’ button in your RuPiZo app. Your registration for digibank savings account, will be based on your details shared with DBS during registration of RuPiZo e-Wallet. You agree that your said details are correct and valid. By clicking on ‘Register Now’ you are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the terms applicable to your digibank savings account available at https://www.dbs.com/digibank/in/terms-and-conditions.html.
We may change the contents of this Agreement and/or create new Terms and Conditions at any time by notifying you of the changes. The changes will take effect on the date specified in the notice. Should you continue to keep or use the Debit Card and/or the Electronic Services after the specified date, you will be deemed to have accepted the changes without reservation. If you do not accept the changes, you must stop using the Debit Card and/or Electronic Services and terminate this Agreement.5.43.2 Publication of Changes
We may notify you of any changes to these Terms and Conditions by publishing such changes on our Website or by displaying them at our branches. We may however choose to inform you by other means of communication.5.43.3 Feedback and Complaint Mechanism
You have the option to give your feedback in the RuPiZo app at any time with our 24x7 virtual assistant, powered by artificial intelligence. You have the option to put a complaint through the RuPiZo app or to refer to the Website for grievance redressal.DBS reserves the right to investigate complaints regarding the use of the RuPiZo app, RuPiZo Service or reported violations of these Terms and to take any action DBS deems appropriate, including but not limited to reporting any suspected unlawful activity to law enforcement officials, the appropriate authorities or regulators and disclosing any information necessary or appropriate to such officials, authorities or regulators, whether located in India or outside of India.