Have you linked your Aadhaar to your bank account yet?
- There are various ways by which you can link Aadhaar card to bank account
- The Aadhaar number is assigned to Indian citizens by the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India)
- It is a widely-accepted ID and address proof document throughout India.
- Aadhaar is a valid Know your Customer (KYC) document to open bank account
- Linking of Aadhaar and bank account enables you to receive subsidies and credits formulated by state governments
You must have realised by now that your Aadhaar card is a necessary document in your life. This random 12 digit Aadhaar number that is assigned to Indian citizens by the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) is an authentic ID and address proof document that is widely accepted throughout India. The Aadhaar card is designed to provide subsidies and services to citizens as per the Aadhaar Act, 2016. However, in order to avail of the subsidies, you need to make sure that the Aadhaar card is linked to your bank account.
The process of linking your Aadhaar to the bank can be a bit confusing at times. If you have not yet linked the two, here are ways by which you can do so.
How to link the Aadhaar card to your bank account offline?
If you are not using internet banking services provided by your bank, you will need to physically visit the branch of your bank to initiate the Aadhaar card link to bank account. Just follow these three steps:
- After visiting the branch, you need to ask for a copy of the form that enables you to link your Aadhaar with the bank. Fill in all your details, including your name, bank account number, name of the bank, name of the branch, residential address and so on.
- Make sure you enter your name as mentioned in the Aadhaar card as well as your correct Aadhaar number and review the form for any errors.
- Next, you need to attach a photocopy of your Aadhaar card to the form.
The bank will evaluate and verify your Aadhaar details, after which your Aadhaar link to bank account process will be complete. Remember to carry the original copy of your Aadhaar to the bank for verification.
How to link Aadhaar number with bank account through internet banking?
If you use internet banking facilities, then you can link Aadhaar number with bank account online from anywhere by following the steps below:
- Log in to your internet banking portal.
- Scroll to the section to link your Aadhaar to your bank account.
- Select the account that you want to link by clicking on it; enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and click on the ‘submit’ tab.
- The system will display the last two digits of your registered mobile number on the screen.
- You will receive the status of your linking request by SMS.
How to link Aadhaar card to bank account through your mobile app?
Almost all banks allow you to link Aadhaar number with bank account online using their mobile app. The steps to follow are as under:
- Download the respective mobile app of your bank from Google Play Store or App Store.
- Enter the proper credentials and log in to the app. You may be asked to complete a small security verification process (OTP or captcha for instance) which, you will need to complete.
- Proceed to click on “Requests”/“Service Requests”. Please note that this is what the field is generally called. It may have a similar variation of the term.
- Now you will have to locate the “Link Aadhaar”/ “Update Aadhaar Number” option on the mobile app. Once again, the term can vary from app to app but essentially means the same.
- Choose the account for which you want to link the Aadhaar.
- Enter your Aadhaar number, and re-enter it if prompted (similar to confirming passwords while setting them).
- Accept the terms and conditions upon being prompted to do so.
- Lastly, select the field “Update”/”Confirm” or any similar variation and complete the Aadhaar linking process.
Link your Aadhaar card in minutes. Download the digibank by DBS app to get started today.
Download digibank Now
How to link Aadhaar Card to bank through an ATM?
If you possess an ATM card, you can initiate your Aadhaar card link to bank account process by following the steps below:
- Visit any ATM vestibule of your bank.
- Insert your ATM-cum-debit card into the machine slot and enter your PIN.
- You will see an option to link your Aadhaar to your bank account displayed on your screen under “Services” or a similar variation.
- Choose the bank account you wish to link to Aadhaar
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and re-enter it, if prompted by the system to complete the process.
How to link the Aadhaar Card with bank account through phone banking?
Your Aadhaar link to bank account process can be done via phone banking as well if your bank provides the phone banking facility. You need to call the toll-free phone banking number of your bank and follow the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system instructions. Listen to the automated prompts and choose the option to link your Aadhaar to your bank account. You must enter your Aadhaar number and confirm the same by saying ‘Yes’ or by completing a similar process variation.
Can my Aadhaar Card be linked to bank account through SMS?
A few banks let you link your Aadhaar to your bank account with an SMS facility. This facility is sent in a specified format on a specific number and involves the following steps.
- Send an SMS in a specified format along with your Aadhaar number to the number provided by your bank.
- The bank will send you an acknowledgement message upon receiving your SMS.
- Once the verification process is done, you will get a confirmation stating that your Aadhaar is linked to your bank account.
How do I check if my Aadhaar Card is linked to a bank account?
Most of the times, you will know the status of your Aadhaar being linked to your bank account via an SMS on your Registered Mobile Number (RMN).
You can alternatively check your status of linking by following the steps below:
- Visit the webpage https://resident.uidai.gov.in/.
- Click on ‘My Aadhaar’.
- Visit the next page and click on ‘Check Aadhaar Status’ located under the ‘Get Aadhaar’ section.
- Enter the Enrolment number (EID), date, and the captcha.
- Click on ‘Check Status’ and verify the captcha.
Once you complete the five steps, you will be able to see if your Aadhaar is linked to your bank account.
With the digibank by DBS app, you can open a new Savings Account in a few minutes! Download the app to get started.
Download digibank Now
The process of linking your Aadhaar to your bank is essential. As such, you should do it at the earliest. As mentioned earlier, linking of the two can prove highly beneficial. Aadhaar is one of the most accepted Know your Customer (KYC) documents that you need to open bank accounts. Also, it enables you to avail various kinds of government subsidies. Finally, by linking bank and Aadhaar, you can benefit from direct credit of scholarship, pensions, welfare funds, and more.