How to Get a FASTag
Know the different ways how to get a FASTag
- FASTag is an RFID tag through which you can pay your toll tax digitally.
- You can buy a FASTag from a toll booth plaza or your nearest bank branch.
- You can also purchase the FASTag online via net banking or mobile phone applications.
- You need to provide your ID, Address, and Vehicle Proof Documents to get the FASTag.
- The FASTag is home-delivered, and you must affix it on the windscreen of your vehicle.
A digital tag that employs the Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology, FASTag, was introduced by the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC). It enables digital toll payments on National Highways by scanning a tag or card, which you must affix on your vehicle’s windscreen. The government has mandated all four and multi-axle vehicle owners to pay their toll tax via FASTag. Read on to know how to get FASTag.
How to get FASTag?
You can purchase FASTag offline at any Point-of-Sales (PoS) location, including toll plazas and banks. Conversely, you can also buy the FASTag online. Here are the different ways of how to get FASTag.
- You can obtain a FASTag from all National Highway Toll Plazas or your Regional Transport Office.
- You can also visit one of the 27 Indian Highways Management Company Limited (IHMCL) certified banks and fill and submit the application form and documents to obtain your FASTtag.
Online FASTag Registration
- You can visit the net banking portal of your respective bank. Go to the ‘BillPay’ section and look for ‘Buy FASTag’. Enter the required details, i.e., RC Number, address proof and ID proof, along with scanned copies of your documents to get the FASTag. Similarly, you can select the ‘Buy FASTag’ option on your mobile banking application.
- You can purchase FASTag from a registered digital payment or UPI app as well.
FASTag has a one-time fee of INR 100 inclusive of GST. You must also pay a small security deposit. The security deposit varies based on the type of vehicle you own and is refunded when you close the FASTag account.
The vehicle owner or their representative must submit a few documents to obtain the FASTag. These are as under:
- Registration Certificate (RC) Book of your vehicle.
- Original and copies of your KYC documents (ID and address proof).
- Your recent passport size photo.
For Individual Applicants
- ID Proof documents, e.g., Driving License, Passport, Voter ID, Aadhaar Card.
- Address proof documents, e.g., Passport, Aadhaar Card.
- Passport size photograph.
- A valid driving license would serve as sufficient address & ID proof.
For Corporate Proprietorship
- PAN Card of the proprietor.
- Address proof of the proprietor.
- Shop Act or other firm proof documents.
For Public and Private Ltd. or Partnership Companies
- Certificate of incorporation, partnership deed, or registration certificate of the firm.
- PAN Card of the corporate.
- Photo ID of signing authority.
- List of directors with addresses or names and addresses of partners.
Besides knowing how to get FASTag, you should also know how to Register FASTag to start using it. You can find the details on the FASTag website and follow the simple steps. You will receive the FASTag at your registered address within 7 to 8 working days from the application date. Simply affix the tag on your windscreen to reduce waiting time at toll plazas and pay your toll tax digitally.
Download digibank today to experience the benefits of a digital savings account.