How to Activate digibank Debit Card
Features of digibank Debit Card and how to activate it
- You can apply for a digibank debit card upon completing your KYC process.
- The debit card will be delivered to you deactivated.
- You can activate the debit card through the digibank mobile app.
- You can withdraw money from almost all ATMs across India.
- With its contactless payment option, you no longer have to enter your PIN or signature.
Receiving your debit card in the mail is exciting. You want to start using it right away. But hold on, you will first need to activate your card. Once you open a digibank Savings Account on your mobile phone and have completed your KYC, you can apply for a debit card by providing your mailing address on the app. The card will be delivered to you at your doorstep within seven working days.
How to set up a new Debit Card and UPI ID | digibank Quickies (9/12)
Steps to activate your digibank by DBS debit card
To activate your digibank debit card, you need to follow these below-mentioned steps:
- Log in to your digibank mobile application.
- Go to ‘Menu’, which is on the top left corner of the screen.
- Under the menu section, select ‘My Account’, and from the drop-down menu, select ‘Activate Debit Card’.
- Then, enter your 3-digit CVV mentioned on the flip side of the card and tap on ‘Verify’.
- After verifying, now you can set your 4-digit PIN.
- Proceed further to activate your Debit Card.
Here is a simplification of the debit card activation steps:
Menu > My Account > Activate Debit Card > Enter 3 Digit CVV>Verify > Create 4 digit PIN
- For security reasons, the physical debit card that you receive will always be deactivated.
- Digibank by DBS typically provides Visa International Debit cards.
- You should activate your debit card within 90 days of receiving the details, failing which, the Bank may block your digital digibank Savings Account, disallowing debit and credit transactions.
- Please note that you must initiate a PIN-based transaction (POS / ATM withdrawal) using the same PIN to activate the renewed debit card. You do not need to set a new PIN.
Features and Benefits of a digibank by DBS Debit Card.
- You can enjoy cash withdrawals at almost all ATMs across India. At DBS Bank ATMs, you can also check your balance, make a cash/cheque deposit, change your debit card PIN etc.
- You can also enjoy shopping at over 1 lakh online merchants within specified card limits.
- By default, the physical debit card has the contactless option. The Visa payWave enabled card is a convenient way to pay, and no PIN or signature is required. However, the limit for such transactions is up to INR 5,000.
- Your debit card is accepted at DBS Bank and Visa ATMs in India as well as abroad.
- You can use your debit card for making payments to mVisa/Bharat QR merchants in India using mVisa/Bharat QR facility.
Owning a debit card comes with numerous benefits. Not only are can you withdraw money from ATMs, but you can also use the card to shop in stores, shop online, pay your bills, to name a few. While travelling internationally, you no longer have to worry about carrying foreign currency. You can use the international debit-cum-ATM card to pay for your shopping and other expenses abroad.
Happy shopping with the digibank by DBS debit card! Download the app to open your digibank Savings Account instantly and get your debit card!
*Disclaimer: This article is for information purposes only. We recommend you get in touch with your income tax advisor or CA for expert advice.