NRI Savings Account - Key Highlights
- Deposit your income earned abroad and in India with NRI bank accounts.
- Earn high-interest rates on your savings.
- Remit money to and from India and get preferential exchange rates.
- Choose from a range of NRI account types and deposits.
- Maintain funds in savings accounts and fixed deposits conveniently.
- Create fixed deposits directly through your internet-banking-enabled NRI accounts.
- Deposit various foreign currencies with no upper limits on deposits.
- Open the account remotely from the comfort of your home with minimal documentation and a swift e-KYC process.
- Access your NRI account in India on the go via internet and mobile banking platforms.
6.05%* Annualized Yield
on Fixed Deposits
Experienced wealth management specialists
Remote account opening from anywhere in the world
Preferential rates on remittances to India
Emergency medical assistance for your loved ones in India
*Annualized Yield for 2 years at 5.75% simple interest p.a., compounded quarterly. T&Cs apply.
Types of NRI Saving Accounts
NRE Savings Accounts
Deposit your USD, GBP, SGD, EUR, or other foreign currency earnings in your NRE Savings Account. The sums deposits are converted to INR at the applicable foreign exchange rate. You can wholly repatriate your NRE account deposits in India or abroad and earn interest rates of up to 3% of your deposits. The interest income on NRE account deposits is tax-free in India.
NRO Savings Accounts
Deposit foreign currencies and INR into NRO Savings Account. Manage your income sources and expenses in India, including rental income, income from shares, dividends, and other investments and pay your insurance premiums, loan EMIs, and utility bills conveniently.
NRI Account Easy Guide
- Get access to exclusive, hand-picked offers catered to your need in India and abroad.
- Use your international ATM-cum-debit card to pay for expenses or withdraw cash in any city worldwide.
- Benefit from free money transfer facilities via online and offline modes at preferential exchange rates.
- Invest in the share market, mutual funds, government bonds and more through your NRI account in India.
- Avail benefits like loans and overdrafts on your savings parked in your NRI accounts.
How To Open an NRI Account?
Open your NRI account online from your country of residence or offline when you visit India. Submit a duly filled account opening form along with documents such as your ID and address proof in India and abroad. Get your documents attested from the Indian Embassy in your country of residence or your local bank abroad. You can also visit the DBS Treasures website and fill a basic form and our relationship manager will assist you with the account opening.
Manage your NRI accounts online from any corner of the world and get access to a world of DBS signature experiences and unmatched privileges with your DBS Treasures NRI Accounts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can. While you can open NRE accounts jointly only with another NRI, the joint holder on an NRO account can be a Resident Indian or an NRI.
You can repatriate the funds from your NRE account to a foreign account, but repatriation is not permitted from NRO accounts to a foreign account.
A PoA holder would have limited control. They can only issue cheques in INR for legitimate local payments from your NRI account.