500Please enter only a-z, A-Z, 0-9, @!?$&-()’,. /
NRI Fixed Deposits
At a Glance
An NRI fixed deposit is a great way to invest money for Indians who live overseas. Depending on the type of investment, the returns may be tax-free as well. Some NRI fixed deposits also allow for investment in foreign currency that protects them from currency fluctuations.
Non-resident Indians have several Fixed Deposit Options to choose from with DBS Treasures and each of the following accounts allow you to earn interest at competitive rates.
NRE Fixed Deposit:
DBS Treasures NRE fixed deposit accounts enable you to earn high interest on your foreign currency earnings. DBS Treasures NRE fixed deposits are fully repatriable. Moreover, interest earned on NRE deposits is tax-free in India.
NRO Fixed Deposits:
You can grow your savings with competitive interest rates on DBS Treasures NRO fixed deposits on income that's earned in India while you live overseas. DBS Treasures NRO fixed deposits can be opened jointly with resident or non-resident Indians.
While working or living overseas, you can still have tax-free income in India. A great NRI fixed deposit option is a Foreign Currency Non-Resident Fixed Deposit, commonly known as FCNR deposit or FCNR account. Deposit funds across six foreign currencies and earn interest at competitive interest rates with an FCNR FD.
Advantages of an NRI FD Account
- NRI fixed deposits allow for safe and secure investments
- They offer multiple avenues to invest your money
- Certain types of NRI FD accounts are 100% exempt from tax
- Nomination option allowed on all types of NRI fixed deposit account
- High returns are possible thanks to competitive interest rates.
For NRI (Non-Resident Indian):
- A valid Indian PAN card or Form 60
- Your Indian passport
- Documents to prove NRI status - Work / Residence Permit or Employment/Residence Visa copy
- A recent passport size colour photograph
- Address proof (overseas and in India)
- Additionally for seafarers: Your FEMA declaration, along with the current work contract and a copy of CDC along with the last page that features your disembarkation stamp
For PIO (Person of Indian Origin):
- A valid Indian passport
- A valid PIO/OCI card or any other proof of PIO status as per Customer Identification Policy
- Proof of Address (overseas and in India) as per Customer Identification Policy
- Duly signed and filled-in PIO declaration
- Recent passport size colour photograph
Opening an NRI FD account
You can open a DBS Treasures NRI FD either online or offline depending on the type of FD. Login to our internet or mobile banking platforms and set up an FD account in seconds.
How to Apply
Open an NRI Account
A Relationship Manager will reach out to you shortly.