500Please enter only a-z, A-Z, 0-9, @!?$&-()’,. /
Send Money to India through Telegraphic Fund Transfers
A telegraphic transfer is an electronic funds transfer that simplifies the process of sending money for overseas wire transfers.
These transactions are made possible thanks to the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT) messaging network. The SWIFT transfer network is used by banks across borders to send and securely receive information. Sensitive information regarding the transfer of funds is submitted through this network.
Features and Benefits
- International transfer through this mode offers attractive exchange rates
- It is a trusted, reliable way of sending funds to India
- The transfer happens within one-four working days
How does it work?
- Login to your online banking account. If you cannot do it online, please visit your nearest branch
- Check the currency conversion rates, charges and applicable taxes
- Please fill in the necessary details in the transfer form
- Upon processing, the money will be deducted from the sender’s account (correspondent bank) and credited to the account of the beneficiary
How to Apply
Open an NRI Savings Account
A Relationship Manager will reach out to you shortly.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Your name, address and bank account number
- The currency of payment amount
- Name of the beneficiary
- Beneficiary bank name and address (with branch name)
- Beneficiary bank account number
- The SWIFT code of the beneficiary’s bank
- Details of intermediary banks if any are involved
- Purpose of payment
The beneficiary will receive the amount within 1-4 business days.
The amount of money you can transfer to India is unlimited. However, that money needs have a legal origin. This money will also be subject to income tax payable in the country of origin. Some countries have a limit on how much money can be sent overseas. This is to prevent money laundering. For instance, in the United States, up to $14,000 can be sent overseas to a single person every year. Amounts over the $14,000 threshold will attract gift taxes.