500Please enter only a-z, A-Z, 0-9, @!?$&-()’,. /
Transfer Money from Indonesia to India
Indonesia is a popular holiday destination for people in India, thanks to the scenic mountains, pristine beaches and sacred temples. Apart from tourism, Indonesia is also home to a lot of Indians. For NRIs in Indonesia, who want to invest in India or financially support their family back home, DBS Treasures offers an easy way to send money to India – an NRE Account.
At a Glance
You can transfer money to an NRE Account in India using any remittance mechanism. An NRE account allows you to transfer your foreign currency earnings, hold it in rupees and use the funds for local expenses. You can also freely repatriate the money in an NRE account back to Indonesia whenever you wish.
An NRE account comes with various inward remittance benefits including:
- Preferential Exchange Rates: Enjoy preferential exchange rates if you choose to convert IDR to INR at the time of credit.
- No Service Charges: We do not charge any additional fee for credits to an NRE account from abroad. Only the Fx conversion fees will be levied.
- One-day Credit: Beneficiaries are credited within 24 hours* of DBS receiving transfer instructions.
NRE Account Benefits
- Open Your Account Remotely: You can open an NRE account from anywhere across the world
- Transfer Unlimited Amounts: There is no upper limit on the amount for inward remittance to an NRE account
- Have Access to a Dedicated Relationship Manager: Get assisted by an experienced specialist for any queries regarding your NRE Account
- Full Repatriation: The principal and interest earned in your NRE Account are fully repatriable
- Competitive Rate of Interest: Enjoy higher interest rates on your NRE Savings Account
- Save Tax: Interest earned on this account is tax-free in India
- Shop or Pay Bills: Invest in Indian securities, shop online, pay utility bills, donate to a charity – from anywhere with our mobile banking app
- Enjoy Exclusive Privileges: Enjoy over 40 privileges with your DBS Treasures Account including global medical and travel assistance, overseas educational concierge, property management services, etc.
DBS Treasures does not levy any additional service charge on inward remittances into an NRE Account.
|International Funds Transfer||Service Charge|
|Credit to DBS Treasures Account for Inward remittance||Free|
|Returned funds for unapplied OTT / ITT (for inward remittance)||All INR 500 + Swift Charges|
Money Transfer Options
If you have a DBS Treasures NRE Account, you can choose any method of money transfer available to you like online remittance, wire transfer or bank-to-bank transfer. You will receive an SMS and e-mail notification when the funds are credited.
If you do not have a DBS Treasures NRE Account, apply for one now and start sending money to Indonesia the easy way!
How to Apply
Apply Now A Relationship Manager will reach out to you shortly
Frequently Asked Questions
There is no limit on the amount you can transfer to India from Indonesia.
The funds are credited to a DBS Treasures Account in India within 24 hours*.
You can transfer money across 150 countries in over 17 currencies from your DBS Treasures Account.