500Please enter only a-z, A-Z, 0-9, @!?$&-()’,. /
NRI Home Loan Documents Required
At a Glance
An NRI home loan allows Non-Resident Indians to purchase a dream home for their loved ones in India with financial support at affordable interest rates. Accessing this financial support makes sense for those who want to remain in control of liquid funds at their disposal, even as they enjoy the benefits of purchasing and owning a property in India. However, to access this funding, financial institutions such as DBS Bank need to be certain of the customer's ability to repay the loan and hence, certain documents are requested at the time of home loan application.
Documents required for an NRI Home Loan
- The PAN Card for both applicant & co-applicant(s)
- 2 passport-sized photographs need to be attached to the application form
- An HR confirmation letter mentioning your designation, gross salary, present address, contact details and date of joining
- Work permit/CDC required
- All pages of the passport are needed for both the applicant and co-applicant(s) along with a valid work visa
- Payslips for the last 3 months
- An overseas bank statement for the previous 6 months (in which salary is getting credited)
- The latest 6-month NRE/NRO bank statement
- Income tax returns for the last 2 years. (if you have been working with the same organisation for more than 2 years, then you only need to submit the income tax returns for the last year)
- Your latest credit bureau report (overseas CIBIL)
For a New Home
- Copy of the Allotment Letter
- Buyer Agreement/Copy of registered agreement/Draft agreement
- Receipt(s) of payment(s) made to the developer / Builder
For a Resale Property
- Title Deeds including all previous chain of the property documents/agreements
- Receipt(s) of initial payment(s) made to the seller
- Copy of the agreement to sell (if already executed)
For a Balance Transfer/Take Over
- List of Documents (LOD): The statement from the existing lender stating the list of property documents held by them
- Photocopy of the property documents (including Own Contribution Proof).
- Sanction letter and current outstanding balance letter from your existing financial institution
The above documents are part of an indicative list. The final documents acceptable are based on DBS Bank's credit policy as applicable at the time of loan application. For more details, you can speak to your Relationship Manager (RM) or visit a DBS Bank branch near you.
Applications received without adequate documentation, as requested by DBS Bank India Limited, may face processing delays or even be rejected on a case-by-case basis.
How to Apply
A Relationship Manager will reach out to you shortly.
Frequently Asked Questions
The sanctioned loan amount depends on the borrower's repayment capacity and the city in which the property is located.
We recommend you set up auto-debit instructions to pay your EMIs. Please reach out to your Relationship Manager for more details on our EMI repayment options.
The maximum loan tenure allowed for customers of DBS Treasures is 25 years. The actual permitted term is also dependent on the age of the applicant.
In case you cannot do the process in person, you can appoint a local co-applicant and apply for the loan.