Other Types of Support
Skilled-based Volunteering with DBS Employees
A key unique offerings that DBS Foundation brings to our social enterprises is the ability to leverage on the knowledge, expertise and regional network of DBS’ skilled workforce to help them grow their business and scale their impact.
- Mentorship: Social enterprises are personally guided by senior bank leaders and relationship managers, who are motivated to help them succeed. Based on their needs, these mentorships range from short stints to longer term partnerships.
- Customised Consultations: Tap on our DBS experts for customised advisory on key business areas, such as strategy, data analytics, marketing and branding, digital transformation, human resources, finance, and access to funding.
- Done in a Day: Be matched with DBS employees across Asia, who are ready to offer their insights and professional skills, to help our social enterprises solve their most pressing business challenges – all done in a working day! Watch the action here.
- Hungry for Change: Social enterprises tackling the issue of food waste can tap on the thinking caps of DBS employees to brainstorm creative ideas and improve their business!
Build Capacity through Partner Programmes
Across our six key markets, we work with like-minded ecosystem partners to develop online and in-person programmes (e.g. bootcamps, workshops, and masterclasses) to provide social enterprises with critical business skills and networking opportunities. Previous topics covered range from financing and fund raising to business operations and leadership training.
Taiwanese social entrepreneurs gather at an event organised by SEI.
Chinese social entrepreneurs proudly display their certificate of completion at the SE Bootcamp by Shanghai Yishe Public Welfare Cultural Development Centre.
A day of learning at Instellar for our Indonesian SEs.
Trophy presentation by DBS for a competition organised by Impact Kommons
A full turnout for one of the masterclasses conducted by SME Academy in Singapore
DBS Business for Good Internship
This programme is collaboration between the SMU Lien Centre for Social Innovation and DBS Bank, as part of the wider DBS-SMU Sustainability Initiative launched in February 2019 to support academics, businesses and students passionate about tackling ready world sustainability challenges. Find out more about the programme here.
Insights & Resources
- DBS BusinessClass
Sign up to your local BusinessClass to meet like-minded entrepreneurs and get invited to exclusive events for SMEs.
Build essential capabilities on topics perfectly tailored to the different business stages with complimentary classes held both offline and online on SME Academy!
- Social Enterprise Handbook for Indonesia
DBS Foundation partnered UKM Center Universitas Indonesia (Center of Small Medium Enterprises, Universitas Indonesia) to develop a handbook that provides useful and practical guidance for aspiring social entrepreneurs in Indonesia. With insights from the SE ecosystem in Indonesia, this handbook aims to enlighten the users with the concept of social entrepreneurship and enable them with the know-how on how to initiate their social start-ups.
Download available for: 2020 Handbook and 2016 Handbook.
- raiSE Public Perception Survey Report 2020
Watch the key summary findings of the report below. Download the full report here.
- Social Innovation Survey 2019 for Taiwan
The 2019 trend survey measures the public and private sector response to UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and Taiwan’s adoption of the Social Innovation Action Plan in 2018. The survey aims to understand the extent of awareness and the current operational status of social enterprises. Download the summary findings in Mandarin here.
- DBS Group Research
Get the latest economic insights, and sectoral and macro thematic analysis to support your business decision making. DBS Group Research is an award-winning research house, consistently ranked No. 1 across polls by AsiaMoney, Greenwich Associates and The Asset.