Portraits Of Purpose India Contest - Terms & Conditions
Contest: Post your photograph on social media using hashtag #PortraitsOfPurposeIndia and tag DBS Bank India Ltd and 10 winners will receive a cash prize of INR 50,000 each.
Contest Details: Participants are required to upload a photograph to their social media permanent feeds (“Participant Post”). Participants must enter their Participant Post as an entry for the Contest during the Contest Period.
Contest Period: Contest starts on 24 August 2020 at 0900 hours and ends on 31 October 2020, 2359 hours
Eligibility: This Contest is open for Participants who, as on 24 August 2020 are (a) Indian citizens and physically located in India (b) above eighteen (18) years of age.
NRIs (Non Resident Indians), Employees of DBS, employees of vendors, advertising agencies or external auditors of DBS and any other parties which are directly involved in organizing, promoting or conducting the Contest are not eligible to participate in the Contest
Terms and conditions:
1. This contest is brought to you by DBS Bank India Ltd “DBS”.
2. Photograph Criteria:
- The photograph should focus on person/persons who have demonstrated being purpose-driven.
- The photograph should be accompanied with a short write-up explaining why the portrait demonstrates someone who is purpose-driven.
- Logos and brands should not be identifiable or included in the photograph.
- The photograph should be in colour.
- The photograph submitted must be the participant’s original and own work.
- Photographs which have previously won prizes, or previously submitted, in other competitions or contests, or have been previously used or are intended to be used for any kind of commercial purposes must not be submitted.
- Digital manipulation that distorts the reality of the photograph is not allowed. Only basic enhancements such as sharpening, or colour and contrast adjustment are allowed.
- The photograph must not contain any improper, obscene, offensive, illegal or otherwise inappropriate content.
- The photograph must not contain any watermarks
3. Steps to be followed to upload the Photograph
1. The post caption must use the hashtag #PortraitsOfPurposeIndia and must tag the relevant DBS Bank India handles of the social media platform used:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dbs.in
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/DBSBankIndia
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dbsbankindia/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/dbs-bank/
3. Photographs must be at least 72 dpi.
4. Photographs should use the standard colour space of sRGB.
5. Multiple submissions per person are allowed, but each individual will only be eligible to receive only one prize.
4. Notification of Winners
- DBS will, in its sole discretion, pick 10 participants as the winners of the Contest (“Winners”).
- DBS will notify the Winners on or before 31 October 2020 by sending an email to the Winners (“Notification”).
- Within 3 calendar days from the date of the Notification, each Winner is required to provide DBS with his/her full name (as stated in his/her Pan card, Aadhar card or Passport), mobile number, by an email reply to DBS, in order to claim the Prize.
- If the Winner does not respond with the information as required by DBS set out above, within the stipulated time period of 3 calendar days from the date of the Notification, the Winner shall be deemed to have forfeited all rights to the Prize.
- In the event that a Winner is ineligible, disqualified, does not claim the Prize, is un-contactable for any reason and/or deemed to have forfeited all rights to the Prize, DBS at its sole discretion may decide if a replacement Winner should be selected.
5. Distribution of Prize
- Each Winner of the Contest will receive a cash prize of INR 50,000 (non-inclusive of tax), to be used by the Winner to further their purpose or passion (“Prize”) and their winning photograph(s) may be featured on the DBS website, DBS social media handles and in DBS bank branches.
- The Prize is non-transferable. Value of the Prize may vary. DBS reserves the right to replace the Prize with items of similar value without prior notice.
- To redeem the Prize, the Winners has to follow the instructions which will be communicated by DBS.
- The Winners may be interviewed by DBS and/or the media. All Winners consent to public disclosure of their names, their photographs and the results of the Contest. DBS reserves the right to use the Winners’ names, photographs and comments relating to the Contest for any promotional, marketing or publicity purposes without any fee being paid.
6. Participant Obligations
- The participant warrants that he or she is the sole owner of all intellectual property rights (including copyright) and other proprietary rights to the photographs and any creative work and materials entered for the Contest (collectively, “Materials”), and that he or she has not licensed or assigned any intellectual property rights in the Materials to any person.
- The participant retains full copyright of the Materials entered for the Contest.
- The participant is solely responsible to ensure his or her compliance with all ownership and copyright requirements to reproduce the Materials for the Contest.
- The participant grants DBS a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide and transferable right to use, reproduce, edit, adapt, publish, publicly display, print or distribute any Materials submitted for the Contest in any media format or any media channel as DBS deems fit without payment of fees or royalty and for any purpose including promoting the Contest, promoting awareness in India and other advertising, trade or commercial purpose.
- If people / faces are included in the photographs submitted, the participant warrants that he or she has obtained the necessary consent and releases from the individuals featured.
- Where any Materials of a participant is published or displayed by DBS, the participant will be credited.
- Participant photographs that do not meet the above criteria will be deemed ineligible and disqualified.
7. DBS Rights
- DBS reserves the right to disqualify any participant in the event that the photograph does not meet the criteria, the participant does not meet the eligibility criteria and/or is ineligible to participate in the Contest.
- All submitted photographs may be displayed on the DBS websites, (https://www.dbs.com/india/default.page or https://www.dbs.com/covid-19/portraits-of-purpose/india/index.html) , DBS digibank app, as well as DBS social media handles and DBS Bank branches.
- iii. DBS’ decision on all matters relating to or in connection with this Contest, including the award of the Prize, disqualification of any participant and/or in every situation, shall be final and binding. No queries, correspondence, claims, challenges or appeals will be entertained regarding DBS’s decision on the same.
8. Limitation of Liability
- DBS is not responsible for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any participant entering the Contest or as a result of entering the Contest or accepting the Prize.
- ii DBS is not responsible for any errors, non-delivery or missing of entries, due to malfunction of computer on-line systems, servers, providers, computer or mobile telephone equipment, software or network failure including any injury or damage to the participant’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading the Materials for the purpose of the Contest.
- iii. By using any services, products or features of www.dbs.com/india for the purposes of the Contest, each participant is fully liable and responsible for complying with all terms and conditions as may be imposed by www.dbs.com/india, and DBS shall not be liable in any way whatsoever for usage.
- In the event of any inconsistency between these Contest terms and any brochure, marketing or promotional material relating to the Contest, these Contest terms will prevail.
- DBS may vary these terms and conditions or suspend or terminate the Contest without any notice or liability to any participant or party.
- All the Materials are subject to viewing and possible public downloading by third party viewers and DBS shall not be held responsible for any consequences whatsoever.