For home chefs looking for new and easy dishes to whip up, this broccoli and mushroom pasta dish makes for a scrumptious meal for the whole family. Better yet, it makes use of the whole broccoli, so you don’t have to throw the stems away.
This recipe is introduced by Matthew Lim, a DBS employee who was once a professionally trained chef at Arbenz Restaurant at The Swiss Club Singapore. However, a rugby injury prompted a career switch, and he has since tossed his chef’s hat for the bank.
Here are the ingredients you need for this broccoli and pasta dish:
400g of instant pasta (pasta of your choice, ~100g per pax)
Whole broccoli, cut into small pieces
Garlic, minced (~4-5 cloves)
200g white or brown mushroom, sliced
200ml heavy cream
2 tbsp salt for pasta water (or more, make sure water well salted)
Italian seasoning or oregano
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Start a huge pot of water with salt for your pasta and cook pasta slightly less than the time on the box
2. At the same time, heat a big pan (max. medium heat) and add butter
3. Add garlic once the butter is melted, be careful not to burn the garlic by moving it around the pan
4. Add chopped broccoli, and sauté on high for 3 minutes
5. Add mushroom and fry till the mushroom has softened
6. Add heavy cream, then season with herbs of choice, salt and pepper to taste
7. Add cooked pasta to your pan of ingredients
8. Mix pasta and sauce thoroughly and add cheese. You may add a splash of pasta water if you need more liquid to bind the sauce and pasta.