To ensure your well-being, we will be cancelling upcoming sessions of DBS Sailing at the Bay with effect from 15 May 2021 until further notice. This is in accordance with the Ministry of Health’s latest guidelines.
Should you have any queries, please email the Singapore Sailing Federation at email@example.com
To ensure your well-being, the following measures will be in place:
1. A maximum of 6 participants (excluding 2 skippers) to be allowed on the sailboat at any time.
2. All guests (including staff) should wear a mask properly during the entire programme.
3. Access to the facility shall be restricted to staff, assigned skippers and registered participants only.
4. Distancing markers has been placed on the pontoon. Everyone is required to practice social safe distancing while at the facility. Failure to comply will result in the SMO escorting the involved out of the facility immediately.
5. Anyone who wish to participate in the programme shall have:
Their body temperature taken; (individuals with temperatures above 38 °C will be denied entry)
Installed & running of the 'TraceTogether' app;
Registered (upon entry at main gate) using “Safe Entry” app
6. Anyone responding positively to any of the following will be considered as a High Risk Persons and entry to the pontoon will be denied:
Been issued and serving a Stay Home Notice or Quarantine Notice, or shares a household with someone who has been;
Have come into close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 (unless he/she had completed a 14 day quarantine);
Someone in their household has tested positive for Covid-19;
Have been issued and serving the duration of five-day medical leave by a medical practitioner;
Have a body temperature of 38 degrees celsius and above;
Displaying flu symptoms (coughing, sneezing, difficulty in breathing);
Not equipped with or not wearing a mask properly
7. Checks will be made by staff to ensure that the TraceTogether app has been installed and running before entry is allowed onto the pontoon.
8. SafeEntry check-in procedures will be prominently displayed at the entrance of the pontoon. Checks will be made by staff to ensure that the visitor has checked-in via the SafeEntry app before entry is allowed.
9. Stepping up the cleaning regime for our sailboats
All boats shall be disinfected after each session.
Hand sanitisers will be made available on the powerboats and at the pontoon.
Lifejackets will be disinfected after each use.
This is in accordance with the Ministry of Health’s guidelines. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this period.
Please note that the meeting point for this programme is at the Pontoon beside Customs House, Singapore (70 Collyer Quay 049323).
In the event of inclement weather (rain or Cat 1 – lightning risk and thunderstorm), unhealthy haze or unforeseen circumstances, the organiser reserves the rights to delay or cancel the sailing session for the safety of the participants. Please understand that this decision may take place at very short notice, whether pre-departure or after the session has commenced.
When in doubt of the weather situation, participants may refer to the Rain Areas by Meteorological Service Singapore or Lightning Information Service | Rain Areas Animation by NEA to ascertain the weather situation at Marina Bay before embarking to programme venue.
Should you feel that the weather conditions are unfavorable and would prefer to reschedule your session, you may do so by “Modifying” your tickets online.
As per the guideline from the National Environment Agency (NEA), all outdoor activities should be stopped if the PSI level is expected to go above 100. If this is the case, the sailing session will be cancelled.
We will endeavour to provide updated information via email if such circumstances arise on a best-effort basis.
To help participants ascertain if a session has been cancelled, please lookout for the following at the pontoon next to customs house where the boats are parked:
An ORANGE flag flown from our pontoon will indicate that “The current session is cancelled.”
A RED flag flown from our pontoon will indicate “Sailing is cancelled for the day.”
Age restrictions apply. Participants must be above 7 and below 70 years of age. Young children must have attained 7 years of age at the point of registration (i.e. after their 7th birthday) and are required to provide proof of age through a photo ID.
Check your spam or junk folder if you are unable to locate the confirmation email in your inbox.
Footwear: Flats/sports shoes
Sun protection: Shades/caps/sunscreen
Lifevest will be provided and must be worn on board
Regrettably, due to the popularity of this programme, we will not be able to accomodate requests for changes in sailing sessions.
No, we wouldn’t need your printed tickets or confirmation email.
Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your session that you have successfully booked for. Each session will last for 30 – 40 minutes. This includes a 10-minute safety briefing and the submission of indemnity forms.
Regrettably, due to the popularity of this programme, we will not be able to entertain latecomers.