Be Vigilant Online
Building digital resilience in the community
Over 14,000 scams were reported in 2022 alone, and 1 in 3 seniors are unaware about phishing.
As Singapore seeks to build a digitally inclusive society, more can be done to help those who may find it difficult to adapt. Therefore, DBS Foundation, in support of the national Digital for Life movement by Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA), has partnered Cyber Security Agency (CSA) to equip our communities with skills to navigate the digital world safely and confidently.
This initiative builds on the efforts of DBS Foundation’s Community Impact chapter to prepare communities to face the future with confidence, armed with digital and financial literacy skills.
6 security tips to protect yourself online
Banking online can be safe if you stay vigilant. Learn how to protect yourself against scams with these 6 simple security tips!
CLICK ON THE APP ICONS BELOW!
Be Web Wise
Be Web Wise
- Do not open suspicious links and attachments, or scan QR codes from unknown sources
- DBS / POSB will never send links to websites in our SMSes and emails
- Verify bank requests through our official website or hotline
- Set transaction alerts on your bank accounts and debit/credit cards
- Keep your contact details updated to get timely alerts and detect fraudulent transactions early
- Review your transactions regularly. If you notice any unauthorised transactions, use Payment Controls to block your debit/credit card or our Safety Switch to halt any further transaction and call the bank immediately
- Update your phone to the latest iOS or Android operating system
- Enable 2-factor authentication for extra security
- Install apps from official app stores such as Apple App Store or Google Play Store
- Avoid sharing personal information online
- When using public Wi-Fi, refrain from carrying out sensitive activities like online banking
- Review your phone's privacy settings, do not grant unnecessary permissions on your apps
- Do not share unverified advertisements or news to prevent scams and misinformation
Continue your digital journey with us
Whether you’re looking to learn more about cashless payments or protect yourself against online scams, we’ve developed a series of workshops to cater to your needs. Sign up today!
Stay updated on the latest news on recent scams and frauds here!