SVP, Design Manager — CBG
You will inspire your team with your bold vision and clear and consistent direction. You will network to find rising stars, lead design reviews at the executive level, evangelise the importance of design and help us measure and quantify the value of design.
What you'll be doing
You will inspire your team with your bold vision and clear and consistent direction. You will network to find rising stars, lead design reviews at the executive level, evangelise the importance of design and help us measure and quantify the value of design. But you also might have to organise and rename Figma files or help the team clean up their task dashboard. Whatever it takes to empower your team!
Here's what your week might look like
- A lot of our managers choose to start the week with a team meeting, followed by one-on-ones.
- Clearing blockers for your team and nurturing relationships within and beyond projects will take you away from the comfort of the design studio and other designers. You will spend a lot of time meeting country and regional stakeholders. You will form strong connections with your stakeholders, understand their perspective, and become a true partner to them.
- You will help us create processes that really work, so we can move on to solving new challenges rather than re-solving existing problems.
- There is nothing more important than a clear, bold and consistent vision. You will hold alignment meetings, design reviews, brainstorming sessions and go for numerous coffees—all to make sure everyone is on the same page.
- We believe we can become the axis around which innovation happens. So we want you to help us drive a company-wide cultural change towards design-led innovation.
- You will also spend a good chunk of your time measuring and reporting on results, followed by championing UX enhancements based on data analysis. Our leadership team takes user experience very seriously. That means we don’t measure our work using only soft metrics (such as how well the user testing went), but also by its business impact (such as adoption, growth, revenue, retention and margins).
- Even with a team as large as ours (the larger UX team comprises 100+ people from 20 different countries), you will need to engage freelancers and agencies from time to time.
- We pride ourselves on great team culture, and in this position you’ll have the chance to build and lead a great team. You will spend time really caring about career aspirations, and needs of your team members. You should take great pride in seeing individuals on your team grow and succeed under your mentorship.
Here are the experience and skills we'd love you to have
- You have 10+ years of experience in Interaction Design / UX Design with at least 4 years’ experience working and leading a team (preferably in medium or large organisations).
- As with any leadership role, you must have the ability to make trade-offs in an environment of often-conflicting objectives. For example, it is crucial that you can deliver a great experience within the deadline with fixed resources through ruthless prioritisation.
- You have a clear vision for each product and project you work on—one profound idea. You don't let it get diluted, and you are able to communicate and execute it.
- You have experience in digital methodologies, information architecture, interaction design and Scrum/Agile management.
- You are passionate and curious about the cultural and socio-economic changes many Asian markets are going through and the creative opportunities they present.
- You can talk confidently and clearly about design at various levels in the organisation and build lasting relationships with our stakeholders.
- You are genuinely interested in human behaviour, care about each individual and know how to make your team function, so that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- You have experience of working in Asia.
- You have an interest in investment and financial planning.
- You have experience in the fintech industry.
- You actively contribute to the UX community.
Your team and career
- This is a leadership role, based in Singapore, within the DBS Consumer Banking Group (CBG) where you will manage all UX projects within one of our key product divisions, and lead all designers within that team.
- You will report directly to the Head of Design of CBG. This is a SVP level role.
Write to us with your portfolio and resume at [email protected]