DBS is the first bank in Singapore to obtain the Data Protection Trustmark (DPTM) certification by Singapore Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA), underscoring our responsible data protection practices.
We will uphold your trust in us by protecting and using your personal data in a responsible manner.
Every day, we continue to reimagine banking experiences for all the ways you live, and it's no coincidence that your personal data plays a big role in making all that happen.
What types of Personal Data do we collect?
We want you to understand the types of data that we collect, so you can then make the best decisions about what you share with us. Personal data is any information that relates to an identifiable individual and we may collect this information when you interact with our products or services:
- Personal particulars (e.g. name, address, DOB)
- Tax, insurance, and employment details
- Your banking information and financial details
- Details of interactions with us (e.g. images, biometrics, voice recordings, personal opinions)
- Information obtained from mobile device with your consent (e.g. location information)
How do we collect your Personal Data?
Any personal information held by us will be committed to a high degree of protection. Here are the ways that we collect your data – through these touchpoints which are relevant to how you may interact with our products/services in your daily lives:
Online & Digital
Through DBS Partners, product sign-ups and promotions, contests and giveaways, app downloads and registrations, general online banking services.
Digital payments through website and apps, contactless payments.
Roadshows, DBS partnership events, account opening /application at DBS Branches, phone sales banking, general phone support (eg. Reporting loss of card)
How do we use your Personal Data?
Your personal information allows us to create more personalised and unique banking experiences just for you. When you trust us with your data, it's only right that you understand how we may use it:
For General Support
- Verify your identity before providing our services, or responding to any of your queries, applications, feed-back and complaints.
For Our Internal Operations
- Aid our research and analysis, so that we keep improving our services, products and advertising strategies.
- Manage our day-to-day business operations.
- Ensure that the information we have about you is up-to-date.
- Conducting credit checks or due diligence checks to minimise risks or frauds.
- Comply with all laws and obligations from any legal authorities.
- Seek professional advice, including legal.
- Update you on changes to our products or services.
For Marketing Purposes
- Contact you and offer products or services that you might be interested in (via EDMs, direct mailers, SMS-es, phone calls, social media, 3rd party sites, etc)
*Refer to our full document for more details. You may also at any time request through iBanking (Update Personal and Contact Details) that we stop contacting you for marketing purposes via selected modes or you may talk to us.
Who do we share your Personal Data with?
To deliver on our promise of helping you to live more, we often partner up with third parties that bring you rewards or promotions that gives you more out of life. We may also from time to time, share your personal data with others to keep improving your banking experiences with us but always in a responsible manner:
- Third parties such as campaign partners and vendors who work with us (in Singapore or elsewhere)
- Carefully selected partners to introduce you to products you might be interested in.
- Relevant authorities such as government or law enforcement agencies.
- We require all personnel of DBS Group and third parties to ensure that any of your data disclosed to them is kept confidential and secure.
- We may process your data outside of Singapore and in doing so will comply with the PDPA and other applicable laws, including the GDPR.
- We do not sell your Personal Data to any third party and we shall comply fully with any duty or obligation of confidentiality that governs our relationship with you.
Talk To Us
To speak to us regarding our privacy practices (including for any correction or access request), you may contact our customer centre officer at our 24-hour hotline at (65) 6327 2265 or email us at email@example.com.
Find Out More
We may amend our policy from time to time to ensure consistency with any developments to the way DBS uses your data. We will make the updated policy available on our website (www.dbs.com/privacy/policy) and across all branches in Singapore.