Wellington Global Impact Fund
Some of the world’s greatest challenges are also the world’s biggest investment opportunities. Impact companies are structurally advantaged by their large addressable markets, innovative solutions, and alignment with mega-trends (e.g. aging populations and rising inequality).
Wellington has identified investments across 10 distinct impact themes falling within three overarching categories, and, are broadly aligned with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Life essentials: affordable housing, health, clean water and sanitation, and sustainable agriculture and nutrition
- Human empowerment: education and job training, digital divide, and financial inclusion
- Environment: alternative energy, resource efficiency, and resource stewardship
Key Characteristics of Fund
- The Fund invests across a broad range of stocks, including innovative, disruptive companies that serve large, underserved populations. It has the potential to deliver attractive investment returns while helping to have a positive influence on the world.
- While benchmarked to the MSCI World, the fund is differentiated with higher exposure to emerging market (in terms of revenue) and smaller caps.
- Leveraging the deep expertise of Wellington’s Global Industry Analysts, the Wellington Global Impact approach has identified a proprietary universe of over 500 public companies that directly address the planet’s most critical social and environmental problems.
Wellington, a global asset manager, is the fund manager. They have deep expertise in public equities and can uncover investment opportunities in the context of limited analyst coverage.
That said, not all funds are appropriate for every investor. If you have any questions about the fund, wealth planning, or our suite of investment advisory and discretionary portfolio management services, please seek assistance from your Relationship Manager.