DBS Foundation Social Enterprise Grant
We offer grants between SGD 50,000 and SGD 250,000 to social enterprises who have a product market fit, demonstrated traction in sales and revenue, clear social impact and are ready to scale up.
We fund social enterprises registered and operating in:
Who are we looking for?
We want to support social enterprises in scaling their businesses through improving operational capacity, innovation capabilities, extending geographical reach, and thereby increasing their social impact.
The social enterprise seeking the grant must:
- Have a business product/solution that has been validated in the market, as evidenced by revenue generation and/or traction in client acquisition, with clear plans to scale up business; and
- Be committed to a social mission and have a clear roadmap towards scaling social impact.
Some examples of how a DBS Foundation Social Enterprise Grant may be used:
- Expand to new regions/markets
- Increase production capacity
- Establish / strengthen a brand
- Improve operational efficiency
- Build or structure a team
- Enhance social impact measurement / management
- Protect intellectual property
We do not fund:
- Specific individual fellowships/stipends and personal expenses, charities or NGOs primarily dependent on donations
- Religious organisations for religious purposes, election campaigns, general fund-raising drives or event sponsorships
Submission & Evaluation of Applications
Application forms received before 31 March 2020, 2359hrs (Singapore time, GMT+8) will be evaluated and awarded in first half of 2020.
Application forms received on 1 April 2020 and thereafter will be evaluated and awarded in the second half of 2020*.*Exact dates will be communicated in due course.
We evaluate grant applications on the following criteria:
- Extent to which the solution is different from the status quo
- Extent to which social enterprise maintains innovation and continuous improvement
- Clarity of social problem, stakeholders/beneficiaries, evidence-based impact metrics
- Robustness of theory of change supported by social enterprise model
- Established market demand for the social enterprise’s product service offering
- Strength of customer acquisition strategy and revenue model
- Clear financial track record and realistic projections
Scalability of business and social impact
- Feasibility of scale-up plans based on identified key growth drivers and milestones
- Operational ability to implement scale-up plans over the next 24 months
- Founder’s vision and commitment to achieving scale in profits and social impact
- Management team’s experience and ability to achieve the growth targets
Submissions should be made in English, Chinese or Bahasa Indonesia only. Please ensure that you have read the terms and conditions of the grant and only proceed with the application if you have met the eligibility criteria.
After completing the application form, save it in .docx format only and email the form to email@example.com with the email subject line stated as “Submission of Grant Application – [Name of social enterprise]”. Ensure that the total file size does not exceed 6MB.
Each entity may only submit one application. Entities with multiple applications in a single evaluation period will be disqualified.
To download the form, please use a computer or laptop (NOT a mobile phone or tablet) to download the application form. If the form does not download automatically when you click on the red button below, right click on the red button, select “Save Target As” or “Save Link As” to save the form on your computer. Locate and open the file using Microsoft Office 2010, 2013 or 2016.