DBS Foundation Social Enterprise Grant
We offer grants between SGD 50,000 and SGD 250,000 to social enterprises who have a product market fit, demonstrated traction in sales and revenue, clear social impact and are ready to scale up.
Grant For Zero Food Waste Solutions
In 2020, we will be introducing a special category of grants for innovative businesses working towards Zero Food Waste.
Some examples of these solutions include technology, applications, innovations, products that reduce food loss along the supply chain as well as those that manage surplus food or upcycle food waste to value added products.
DBS Foundation will continue to award grants to SEs addressing other critical social issues.
We fund social enterprises registered and operating in China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Singapore and Taiwan.
Who are we looking for?
We want to support social enterprises in scaling their businesses through improving operational capacity, innovation capabilities, extending geographical reach, and thereby increasing their social impact.
The social enterprise seeking the grant must:
- Have a business product/solution that has been validated in the market, as evidenced by revenue generation and/or traction in client acquisition, with clear plans to scale up business; and
- Be committed to a social mission and have a clear roadmap towards scaling social impact.
Some examples of how a DBS Foundation Social Enterprise Grant may be used:
- Expand to new regions/markets
- Increase production capacity
- Establish / strengthen a brand
- Improve operational efficiency
- Build or structure a team
- Enhance social impact measurement / management
- Protect intellectual property
We do not fund:
- Specific individual fellowships/stipends and personal expenses, charities or NGOs primarily dependent on donations
- Charities or NGOs primarily dependent on donations
- Religious organisations for religious purposes, election campaigns, general fund-raising drives or event sponsorships
Submission & Evaluation of Applications
Applications received before Friday,15 May 2020, 2359hrs (Singapore time, GMT+8) will be evaluated in 2020.
Applicants will be informed of the outcome within two months from the date stated above.
Successful applicants will be awarded the grant by end-2020*.
Applications received thereafter will be reviewed in the next Evaluation Period*.*Exact dates will be communicated in due course.
We evaluate grant applications on the following criteria:
- Extent to which the solution is different from the status quo
- Extent to which social enterprise maintains innovation and continuous improvement
- Clarity of social problem, stakeholders/beneficiaries, evidence-based impact metrics
- Robustness of theory of change supported by social enterprise model
- Established market demand for the social enterprise’s product service offering
- Strength of customer acquisition strategy and revenue model
- Clear financial track record and realistic projections
Scalability of business and social impact
- Feasibility of scale-up plans based on identified key growth drivers and milestones
- Operational ability to implement scale-up plans over the next 24 months
- Founder’s vision and commitment to achieving scale in profits and social impact
- Management team’s experience and ability to achieve the growth targets
Ask-Me-Anything Online Sessions
We opened the virtual floor to take all your burning questions such as how to put together your application, how to prepare for the interview, and what we're looking out for.
Listen to snippets of our Ask-Me-Anything session held on 28 April where Claire Wong (Head of DBS Foundation) and Nanda Putra (CEO and Co-Founder of Tanijoy, a recent Grant Awardee) shared their perspectives on the DBS Foundation Social Enterprise Grant Programme.
Submissions should be made in English, Chinese or Bahasa Indonesia only. Please ensure that you have read the terms and conditions of the grant and only proceed with the application if you have met the eligibility criteria.
Each entity may only submit one application. Entities with multiple applications in a single evaluation period will be disqualified.
By clicking this link you will be taken to another DBS owned site to complete the application.