SME Grant Programme
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) form the backbone of many economies in Asia, providing crucial employment and contributing significantly to the region’s GDP. With sustainability becoming a top global priority, we believe that SMEs collectively have the power to move the needle create a positive impact when they transform their businesses to adopt more sustainable and inclusive models.
DBS Foundation recognises this opportunity and has launched a new category under our flagship grant programme to empower and enable SMEs to become businesses that create social and environmental impact.
Who are we looking for?
SMEs that want to kickstart their sustainability journey. SMEs must have:
- Been registered in Singapore, Indonesia, India, Hong Kong or Taiwan
- An established business model and proven track record in sales and profitability
- Innovative solutions they want to embark on to tackle environmental and/or social issues
- Focus and clarity on plans to integrate sustainability into business operations
- Strong leadership and team experience with clear commitment towards building a sustainable business
What are the sustainability areas we support?
We are awarding grants up to SGD 100,000 to enable SME to implement solutions to be more sustainable, with the ability to track and measure their impact achievements. The sustainability areas include:
Reducing energy consumption
- Implement clean energy solutions in business facilities
- Adopting clean energy solutions in business facilities and reducing energy consumption
- Upgrading or adopting green equipment that can be energy efficient
- Reduce, reuse, recycle waste. This can include but is not limited to agricultural, electronic, food, municipal and plastic waste
Sustainable supply chains
- Source sustainable raw materials and products
- Improve traceability and transparency of supply chain
- Research and develop new sustainable materials for products or packaging
- Improve transportation and logistics management
- Improve supply chain processes to comply with fair trade standards
- Engage ESG inspection, verification, testing and certification services
Watch how Ento Industries innovate a new business line to reduce food waste and offer sustainable, upcycled solutions.
Application and Timeline
Applications received before Wednesday, 15 June 2022, 2359hrs (Singapore time, GMT+8) will be evaluated in 2022. Applications received thereafter will not be considered for this year’s evaluation period.
Before you begin the application, here are some important information to know:
- Be sure to read the eligibility and evaluation criteria
- Organise your responses offline and save a separate working copy for your own record before loading answers to the form online
- Set aside uninterrupted time of 30 minutes to complete
- Only online submission will be taken as final. Submission via other means will not be considered.
- Only one application will be accepted per entity
- If multiple applications are submitted for the same entity, only the most recent submission will be considered before the closing date
- For best user experience, please use a laptop or a desktop instead of a mobile phone
Important materials to have:
- Latest financial statements (2020, 2021)
- Pitch deck
|Application Form Template||Download|
|Terms & Conditions||Download|
|Guide for preparing a good pitch deck||Download|
Frequently Asked Questions
I have prepared my responses in the form template that I have downloaded from the link. Can I send an email to submit my application?
My SME is working on many different projects that require grant funding. Can I submit a different application for each project proposal?
We’re looking for SMEs that are traditional businesses that are commercially driven and are just starting to think about incorporating sustainability into their operations.
SMEs must be registered as a legal business entity in Singapore, Indonesia, India, Hong Kong and Taiwan. No minimum local shareholding is required.