AVP, Content Designer — IBG
Your goal will be to create amazing content for our web and mobile apps. What do we mean by amazing? It's content that helps our users achieve the task at hand faster.
What you'll be doing
Your goal will be to create amazing content for our web and mobile apps. What do we mean by amazing? It's content that helps our users achieve the task at hand faster. If your content is good, it will become invisible. It will be so clear, succinct and helpful that our users will forget they're reading and simply focus on what they have to do. In addition to doing hands-on work on key projects, you will get a chance to lead and nurture a small team.
Here's what your week might look like
- Your week may start with 1:1s with your team. Clearing blockers for your team and nurturing relationships within and beyond projects.
- But you will also get to do hands-on writing. You'll spend time with product designers, researchers, and business owners to understand the goals of a new feature or the re-design of an old one.
- You'll own the customer journey from a copy perspective and make sure there are no gaps in UX across all channels and touchpoints linked to the products.
- This role is regional, so you'll get to work with fantastic people from all over the region. The content you'll create will need to be internationalised and localised. Sometimes, you'll need to make changes to the source content to ensure it makes sense for another country.
- Most importantly, we don't want you to become a content-generating machine (AI can do that). We want you to be strategic and create impact and stakeholder buy-in for bigger and better things to come.
Here are the experience and skills we'd love you to have
- You've been writing professionally for 5+ years.
- You have some content design experience.
- You've been a manager or mentored writers.
- You have collaborated with tech teams: developers, testers, scrum masters, etc.
- You have your own blog or website.
- You have experience with product localisation tools and processes.
Your team and career
- This role sits within the Design Standards team, and is based in Singapore. The Design Standards team creates our design language system and defines and steers the way we design digital services at DBS. The team covers eight countries, Consumer and Institutional banking, and Middle Office Management group (internal tools).
- As your career with us progresses, you will help to increase UX and content design maturity at DBS and grow the content design team at Institutional banking.
Write to us with your portfolio and resume at [email protected]