DBS has the following security measures in place for all credit and debit cards, for greater protection against fraud.
These new measures are:
- Replacing magnetic stripe-only cards with EMV chip cards.
- Introducing a first-usage alert for new / replacement cards, and transaction alerts for purchases which exceed your preset limit.
- Introducing a One-Time Password (OTP) for secure e-commerce transactions.
- Requiring activation for all new and replacement ATM, Debit or Credit Cards before they can be used. Also, do avoid giving out your personal details to third parties, such as your national identification number and date of birth, as the bank may use these for authentication purposes.
EMV-chip cards provide greater security
Chip cards offer enhanced security and better protection against fraud. The microprocessor chip on the card is protected by cryptographic encryption, preventing the copying of information on the chip to another card. The new chip-based card complies with the MAS standards of data security.
Update your contact information
As these measures need increased contact between the bank and cardholders, we request all our cardholders to provide us with their current contact information including mobile numbers, email and mailing addresses.You can update your personal details:
- At any DBS Branch
- Your iBanking account
- Fill up this form and mail it to us
Learn how to protect yourself better when you use the ATM, with our safety tips.