- DBS Bank (Hong Kong) is awarded the "2009 Best SME Partner Award" by The Hong Kong Chamber of Small and Medium Business.
- DBS Bank (Hong Kong) opens its first DBS Finance Loan Centre, providing instant and "one-stop-shop" loan approval and disbursement services.
- DBS Bank (Hong Kong) is awarded the "Export Factor of the Year Award" by Factors Chain International for the second consecutive year.
- DBS Bank (Hong Kong) celebrates the Group's 40th anniversary at the HK Convention and Exhibition Centre. More than 4,000 HK staff participated in the celebrations held over two consecutive nights.
- DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited opened 4 Enterprise Banking Centres in key locations, creating a brand new banking experience to SMEs in Hong Kong
DBS Bank (Hong Kong) is the only bank to receive two awards - the Export Factor Growth Award and Marketing Promotion Award - out of the five awards granted by Factors Chain International ("FCI").
- DBS Bank (Hong Kong) officially opens DBS Private Banking in Macau.
- DBS Bank (Hong Kong) launches ATM Fast Cash Services which simplify the ATM transactions and make it more user-friendly for customers.
- DBS Bank (Hong Kong) partners with Reuters to launch Internet Foreign Exchange Trading Services.
DBS opens consumer banking flagship sub-branch in Shanghai.
- DBS Hong Kong and Hutchinson Whampoa Limited relauch their co-brand
ComPass Visa card adopts the latest EMV (Europay, MasterCard, Visa) standards-
a global standard for chip-based debit and credit transactions. With more
than 450,000 ComPass Visa cards currently in circulation, the migration kicks
off the largest exercise of its kind in Hong Kong.
- Launched consumer banking business in China at its newly-relocated
- DBS Hong Kong was the first bank to launch 3G technology-based
banking in Hong Kong.
- RMB services are launched in DBS Hong Kong.
- DBS Wealth Account is launched to tap the emerging affluent population.
- DBS Hong Kong partners with Standard & Poor’s (S &
P) to provide S & P’s
independent and objective investment fund analysis to retail investors.
- DBS Hong Kong issued its first million credit cards
- The legal merger of Dao Heng Bank Ltd, DBS Kwong On Bank Ltd and
Overseas Trust Bank is completed. The combined operations in Hong Kong adopt
the new legal name of DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited.