Our Commitment to Fair Dealing
Chairman, DBS Board and Senior Management are committed to deliver fair dealing outcomes for our customers.
As a bank born and bred in Asia, we believe in building relationships with our customers and doing the right thing by our customers. Applying these principles to our day-to-day business activities, we commit to
- only sell products and services that are suitable for our customers;
- ensure our sales staff are thoroughly trained and equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to provide quality information to our customers;
- be clear and transparent to our customers, keeping them fully informed;
- be responsive to our customers' needs and requests, attending to complaints promptly and effectively.
Since last year, DBS has taken proactive steps to build towards delivering fair dealing outcomes for our consumer banking customers in Singapore. We have:
- strengthened our sales process, putting in expanded fact finding process, enhanced risk disclosure and additional customer-product suitability checks;
- stepped up staff training with regular testing of their product knowledge and skills;
- continued to ensure that our staff remuneration is based on a balanced scorecard approach, taking into account quality of the fact finding process and customer satisfaction.
DBS will continue to put in place best practices, so as to uphold the standards expected of a leading bank in Asia.